Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 278 of 363 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 5444
    Just looking at percentiles, Hand and Hendriks are really close - Hand Whiff% and Velo are considerably lower. I'd still rather Hendriks though, he's an absolute bulldog on the mound - exactly what one needs from a closer. I wonder the reaction if Atkins signed him? Don't forget he just met with him a few days ago.

Hendriks

Hand

Hendricks signed with the ChiSox 3yr/$54m

Yeah no way am I giving a reliever 54 million over 3 (or 4) years. It wasn't that long ago that the Rockies signed lights out guys Wade Davis, Bryan Shaw and Jake McGee. Hard pass on investing major $$$$ to delivers, they are way to volatile

Im still waiting for that 3yr/54M deal to be corrected to 4 years...lol Wow, I can't believe he just got Chapman money. The White Sox just f!@#$d the pitching market giving Hendriks 18M/yr.......what goofs. No one would trade anything for Hand at 10M, but they will give Hendriks 18M?

I know there were multiple teams involved, including their division rival Astros, so maybe they felt the need to outbid Hou to ensure he didn't end up there?

Sucks to miss out on him. But I wouldn’t want us paying him 18m.

Holy crap!

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Im still waiting for that 3yr/54M deal to be corrected to 4 years...lol Wow, I can't believe he just got Chapman money. The White Sox just f!@#$d the pitching market giving Hendriks 18M/yr.......what goofs. No one would trade anything for Hand at 10M, but they will give Hendriks 18M?

I know there were multiple teams involved, including their division rival Astros, so maybe they felt the need to outbid Hou to ensure he didn't end up there?
    You are correct. It has been corrected. It is a 4 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    You are correct. It has been corrected. It is a 4 year deal.
    Thank lord. That is one foolish looking contract if the latest details are accurate. He actually gets 13,13,13 and then 15M the final year....but that final year also has a 15M buyout if they want to let him walk. Not sure what that even means for Hendriks, as I am pretty sure you can buy out any contract and let the player sign somewhere else.So Hendriks gets 54M whether he pitches crappy for them for 3 years and they want him off their roster, or if he pitches well for them for 4 years. Talk about a player friendly deal....lol Can't see them ever exercising that option to let him walk, so why anyone ever called this a 3yr deal is a bit foolish. It is a 4yr/54M deal.

sportnet, get your shyte straight before you announce it to a nation as facts ffs...lol

Thank lord. That is one foolish looking contract if the latest details are accurate. He actually gets 13,13,13 and then 15M the final year....but that final year also has a 15M buyout if they want to let him walk. Not sure what that even means for Hendriks, as I am pretty sure you can buy out any contract and let the player sign somewhere else.So Hendriks gets 54M whether he pitches crappy for them for 3 years and they want him off their roster, or if he pitches well for them for 4 years. Talk about a player friendly deal....lol Can't see them ever exercising that option to let him walk, so why anyone ever called this a 3yr deal is a bit foolish. It is a 4yr/54M deal.

sportnet, get your shyte straight before you announce it to a nation as facts ffs...lol
    It's actually a 3/39 with a additional 1 year option or buyout @ 15 million.

All MLB contracts are guaranteed unless it had a buyout option on it for a lesser sum. This is the first case I've ever seen as a buyout for the full amount, which is pointless, just call it a 4 year deal.

What this contract does is back loaded it to protect the players earnings in case this season is shortened and money prorated. Normally MLB contracts are front loaded. This one can bite the White Sox for a 35 year old RP at 15 mil buy the end.

That seems like a dumb option. They couldn't get him at like 3 year, $42 mil or something? The upfront cost would be cheaper than the 10 year payments.

TSN reported it as 3 years as well (still showing that on their site). I'm guessing both media outlets got the information from the initial Mark Feinsand tweet, just haven't updated it yet.

The 15 million dollar buyout makes 0 sense to me. Can anyone explain the logic there?

Im just glad it didn't inflate the current pitching market. Mid tier starters would be asking for 20+ million.

The buyout at $15m is allowed to be paid off at a certain amount per year. So they wouldn’t be swallowing the whole amount at once. It’s the first contract to have that type of buyout I read.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    TSN reported it as 3 years as well (still showing that on their site). I'm guessing both media outlets got the information from the initial Mark Feinsand tweet, just haven't updated it yet.

The 15 million dollar buyout makes 0 sense to me. Can anyone explain the logic there?
    The buyout also is compulsory. Meaning if he's still serviceable they will roster him for that year @ 15 mil. It's essentially a 4 year deal, but with a full guarantee of 15mil buyout, which is pointless since MLB contracts are all fully guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The buyout at $15m is allowed to be paid off at a certain amount per year. So they wouldn’t be swallowing the whole amount at once. It’s the first contract to have that type of buyout I read.
    good find. This makes sense now. Hendriks gets his money, ChiSox don't get stuck paying 15M in one season to a 35 year old reliever if he isn't still effective. (..or maybe even if he is.)