Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 398 of 420 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6290
    A few notes as I catch up. I hope who celebrated had a fun and safe thanksgiving.

I wouldn’t attribute a .50 increase in era going from pitchers park to hitters park necessarily as
    Automatic. I would going from NL to AL though.

I don’t see a 7 war season coming for Chapman and if looking for trade values, baseball trade values website has Chapman and Groshans as a wash. Would you do that?

Speaking of which, it gives Ramirez a score of
    74. Someone listed Groshans, biggio, and Lopez in a trade for him. Their scores are : 25,12,and 6. So 43 combined.

I’ll list some values here for fun :

Bo 128
    Manoah 76
    Moreno 57
    Teo 25
    Orelvis 25
    Groshans 25
    Romano 24
    Jansen 21
    Kirk 16
    LGJ 15
    Biggio 12
    Hoglund 9
    Pearson 9
    Otto 6
    K smith 5
    Mcguire 5
    De Castro 3
    Beltre 2.5
    Machado 2.5
    Roberrse 2
    Van eyk 2
    Hiraldo kloff, Carter, Kay 1
    Borucki, stripling , thornton 0
    Ryu -6.9
    Grichuck -12

*berrios went from about 30 to 2 after the extension.

Some common trade targets mentioned:

Ramirez 74
    Chapman 24
    Montas 40
    Manaea 19
    Bassitt 17
    Sonny gray 28
    Winker 19
    Moustakas -29
    Marte 37
    Josh hader 27
    Pablo Lopez 57
    Bieber 113
    K Hendricks 1.6
    Ed Cabrera sp Fla 15
    Buxton 14.5
    Donaldson -19
    Kepler 24

-I feel this off-season may be the one where we see Atkins make a large trade, thinking 6-8 players , to fill multiple holes in one trade
    Last edited by wamco; 11-26-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    A few notes as I catch up. I hope who celebrated had a fun and safe thanksgiving.

I wouldn’t attribute a .50 increase in era going from pitchers park to hitters park necessarily as
    Automatic. I would going from NL to AL though.

I don’t see a 7 war season coming for Chapman and if looking for trade values, baseball trade values website has Chapman and Groshans as a wash. Would you do that?

Speaking of which, it gives Ramirez a score of
    74. Someone listed Groshans, biggio, and Lopez in a trade for him. Their scores are : 25,12,and 6. So 43 combined.

I’ll list some values here for fun :

Bo 128
    Manoah 76
    Moreno 57
    Teo 25
    Orelvis 25
    Groshans 25
    Romano 24
    Jansen 21
    Kirk 16
    LGJ 15
    Biggio 12
    Hoglund 9
    Pearson 9
    Otto 6
    K smith 5
    Mcguire 5
    De Castro 3
    Beltre 2.5
    Machado 2.5
    Roberrse 2
    Van eyk 2
    Hiraldo kloff, Carter, Kay 1
    Borucki, stripling , thornton 0
    Ryu -6.9
    Grichuck -12

*berrios went from about 30 to 2 after the extension.

Some common trade targets mentioned:

Ramirez 74
    Chapman 24
    Montas 40
    Manaea 19
    Bassitt 17
    Sonny gray 28
    Winker 19
    Moustakas -29
    Marte 37
    Josh hader 27
    Pablo Lopez 57
    Bieber 113
    K Hendricks 1.6
    Ed Cabrera sp Fla 15
    Buxton 14.5
    Donaldson -19
    Kepler 24

-I feel this off-season may be the one where we see Atkins make a large trade, thinking 6-8 players , to fill multiple holes in one trade
    Manaea can get hit hard though. I know what it is going to be bringing him to Rogers. You going to regret it. Manaea's xera and xwoba both higher than his metrics. His hardhit% was 29th percentile. I know what is coming.

Chapman had a 6.7 WAR in 2019. Should be bargain on him coming off bad season. With his glove and power, chance he could excel in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You wouldn't do a trade for Ramirez now without a Marte trade? I'd like both but I'm being greedy lol. I'd do one without the other in a heartbeat, though but I fear they may strike out in the FA SP market and will be forced to trade for a SP instead of trading for Ramirez. That's why I hope we can re-sign Ray. That opens up a trade for Ramirez.

I wouldn't be opposed to selling high on Teoscars either for another good rotation piece.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I would offer Gurriel and Kirk for Ramirez. But doubt that gets it done. Gurriel and Kirk would bring good package elsewhere though.

If we deal Gurriel maybe bring back Dickerson? Betwern him and Grichuk one should have good year.

Guirriel is a FA after next year. Doubt they'd try to get him.

2 years left

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    2 years left
    Ah yes. 2 years ending 2023 instead of 2024.

So it comes down to Ray , Rodon, and gaussman as the last 3 top end FA SP we are expected to be in on?

I think a fun off season would have been a retrieval of our past soldiers. Theoretically, it could have been done for about the 60m or so presumably to spend as the 2 via trade would have money thrown in to make the deal.

Stroman
    Price
    Donaldson
    Graveman
    Loup
    Tepera

And as manager…Russell Martin

That off-season kind of checks all the boxes doesn’t it? 2sp, 3rp, 3b, new manager, puts biggio at 2b and keeps the major prospects. Maybe even move grichuk in the price deal. Only deal over 3 years is stroman. Best pitching staff, sp+bp in baseball. Killer line up. Competent manager. Let’s fArm grow for 2 years. Injuries happen, people will get opportunities. No one is pounding the door down at this point. Every prospect we currently have could spend the year in year in the minors and I’m fine with it, including Moreno

Maybe sign Lawrie as the hype man/bench coach. “Russ, I got this”. .proceeds to go call out the umpires and get tossed out. What Canadian wouldn’t love to see that. A Red Bull, revved up hockey goon of sorts.

Berrios
    Stroman
    Ryu
    Manoah
    Price

Springer
    Bo
    Vlad
    Teo
    JD
    LGJ
    Kirk
    Biggio
    Jansen

Romano
    Graveman
    Merryweather
    Mayza
    Cimber
    Richards
    Loup
    Tepera

-Pearson aaa
    -stripling traded, saving 4m
    Last edited by wamco; 11-27-2021 at 02:58 PM.

With all the emphasis on the bull pen shortcomings in 2021, I thought I'd highlight our homegrown ascending prospect Graham Spraker. Below is from an article. Seems kinda crazy that the Jays didn't protect him from the rule 5 draft.

The 26-year old Spraker not only was selected to the AFL All-Star Game but was also announced as the Fall League Reliever of the Year after making 11 appearances for a total of 11.1 innings pitched. During those appearances, he failed to allow a run while surrendering just six base runners and striking out 17. Spraker was part of the Mesa Solar Sox where he recorded the final three outs to help his team win the championship.

His Fall League appearance capped off a successful season for the 6’3” right-handed pitcher. Spraker pitched the entirety of the 2021 MiLB season with the New Hampshire Fisher Cats in Double-A, with the exception of one appearance in mid-August with the Buffalo Bisons. With the Fisher Cats, Spraker threw 42.2 innings, registering a 2.74 ERA and an astonishing 13.1 strikeout per nine innings.

I just can’t believe how fast this fa crop is moving.

Am I missing something with this signing?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...mi-garcia.html

At $11 mil that seems fairly expensive for a guy with average stats and in his early 30s.

Hausman apparently signing soon with Blue Jays as finalist.

I rather not spend money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Hausman apparently signing soon with Blue Jays as finalist.

I rather not spend money on him.
    It's probably Gausman or Ray right? They need someone to give quality and quantity out of that rotation. There aren't a ton of names left. Scherzer makes sense on a high AAV, low term deal, but not sure he wants to come here. Stroman won't be coming here. Ray and Gausman were both great last year and similar age group. Most other names are huge risks. One of those two makes sense to me.

At $11 mil that seems fairly expensive for a guy with average stats and in his early 30s.
    I don't know Garcia. So, can't really comment. But looking at his stats, strikeouts look great. Jays maybe think Pete Walker fix his shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    With all the emphasis on the bull pen shortcomings in 2021, I thought I'd highlight our homegrown ascending prospect Graham Spraker. Below is from an article. Seems kinda crazy that the Jays didn't protect him from the rule 5 draft.

The 26-year old Spraker not only was selected to the AFL All-Star Game but was also announced as the Fall League Reliever of the Year after making 11 appearances for a total of 11.1 innings pitched. During those appearances, he failed to allow a run while surrendering just six base runners and striking out 17. Spraker was part of the Mesa Solar Sox where he recorded the final three outs to help his team win the championship.

His Fall League appearance capped off a successful season for the 6’3” right-handed pitcher. Spraker pitched the entirety of the 2021 MiLB season with the New Hampshire Fisher Cats in Double-A, with the exception of one appearance in mid-August with the Buffalo Bisons. With the Fisher Cats, Spraker threw 42.2 innings, registering a 2.74 ERA and an astonishing 13.1 strikeout per nine innings.
    Speaking of bullpen. Many ex Jays hit jackpot this winter. Everytime I pick up the phone its Loup 8 million. Graveman then Desclafani. Tepera may also. He was pretty good last year with Mariners.

We need to stop dumping our arms so quick

In the article it seems like he may have had some bad luck but I haven't really dug much into his stats. He did turn down more lucrative offers because he feels the Jays were closer to winning a title.

With all that being said, I'd rather give this type of money to guy who has good advanced stats and is probably a guy who the feel Walker can help then to give 12-17M to a reliver coming off a career year.