Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2405
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I keep forgetting about Alford. Could be him too. If you want to punt offense and just worry about the D, I think either option works.
    I think it's worth a shot, too bad they didn't give them (Alford and Davis) a good hard look last season - but I guess with Fisher and Teoscar also getting a trial it's understandable. We go into 2020 with no clear CF'er though. The other option is move Grichuk to CF and put up with his average D. At least he's a familiar with the position so the transition should be seamless.

Had they signed EE, playing the best defender in CF would have been a slam dunk.

I had never heard it before this front office. But apparently 750 ABs is where they figure a player needs to get too before judging (I've heard similar things from other sports, 100 games played in the NHL, which extrapolated, would get you to approximately 750 ABs). If you look at Teoscar's numbers after the 750 mark, they're nice.
    if he can just play average to a little above average D he'd be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    It's too vague but it's also the only thing we are particularly qualified to assess from the outside.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I disagree with you - we have some sharp people on here

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Iíd love to see the interview seems very odd for any agent to start telling everyone all the offers the losing teams made. Usually there pretty vague with that type of stuff.
    look on the MLB. com site, they usually have clips of all the shows on MLB tv. it was Wednesday or thursday of the winter meetings where he was interviewed. I watched every minute of the winter meetings and neither Boras nor Atkins mentioned the Jays being in on Cole. it was the same day JP Morosi, came out and said that the Jays were all in on Ryu, though it wasnt until 9 or 10 days later that Ryu actually signed
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 12-27-2019 at 01:21 AM.

I had never heard it before this front office. But apparently 750 ABs is where they figure a player needs to get too before judging (I've heard similar things from other sports, 100 games played in the NHL, which extrapolated, would get you to approximately 750 ABs). If you look at Teoscar's numbers after the 750 mark, they're nice.
    His defense is too bad to justify him on the field and Im not sure if he's a good solution at DH. Id give him another chance but hes pretty expandable IMO.

So letís speculate on this whole Price rumour because I havenít heard anything since Ryu got signed. The rumour also came out 1 day before he signed the deal. We also know that Ryu was offered a 4 year deal worth less than 80 mil.

I say Ross Atkins leaked the rumour himself in order to get Ryuís signature. It looks like heís slowly learning how to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    This I agree with. If his long term future is at 1st why wait. Get him there and let him learn the position.

That said I don't think Shapiro agrees. If you saw the recent pictures of him that were on MLB Tv....he's lost a ton of weight and he looks almost chiseled now. really looks like he's in the best shape of his life. Kevin Millar even had pictures of his dad, side by side (as well as Jr's head on his dad's body...funny stuff) So I think the plan is to see if being in better physical shape, translates to better defense.

From a pure value standpoint His value is higher if he can stick at 3rd.

But you're correct in the absract. Why play Shaw at first when he's proven he can play a more than adequate 3rd. And place hold for Groshans. And move Jr now if you expect him to end up there anyway.

Heck if we're being smart about things I'd even try Biggio in center. He's not exactly a good glove at second, but is super athletic, and his dad made that transition so it could solve our biggest weakness.

It's an idea at least.
    Iíve been driving the ďbiggio get some playing time in cfĒ train for a year. Basically because I believe biggio s can do anything.

Iíd entertain craig biggio for president in 2020
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

The Ryu deal is now official. 20m a year spread out evenly and contains a partial no trade clause.

I canít pass up castallanos bat and age.
    Shaw is a complete wild card.
    Draft 2 sp with top 2 draft picks

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I canít pass up castallanos bat and age.
    Shaw is a complete wild card.
    Draft 2 sp with top 2 draft picks
    Iíve been hoping for Castellanos since the start of the off-season. Unfortunately heís come out and said he prefers a winning culture. Hopefully lots of money can convince him to join the rebuild.

What would Castellanos role be on this team. I get where he can be huge in the line up I just wonder if another all bat guy is the right way to spend on a big contract.
    This team is gonna need to start to add a couple plus defenders at some point.

What would Castellanos role be on this team. I get where he can be huge in the line up I just wonder if another all bat guy is the right way to spend on a big contract.
    RF and you move Grichuk to CF. Yea we still won't be that good defensively in the outfield but really good outfielders are hard to find so when you can get a bat like Castellanos I think you go for it.

Agree with Wamco above...Shaw is the wild card if his bat doesn't come through then there won't be much in the batting order after Vlady. Castellanos will solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So letís speculate on this whole Price rumour because I havenít heard anything since Ryu got signed. The rumour also came out 1 day before he signed the deal. We also know that Ryu was offered a 4 year deal worth less than 80 mil.

I say Ross Atkins leaked the rumour himself in order to get Ryuís signature. It looks like heís slowly learning how to navigate.
    Hot take!

Jk. I called this as soon as I heard the price rumours, and then again when ryu signed.

Itís funny because our IF is a Travis Shaw move to 3B away from being fine.

As for the OF Iím thinking what hanton is thinking. Move Grich over and see how it works. Castellanos is a bat you can pencil in for a .290 BA 25 HR and 90RBI year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hot take!

Jk. I called this as soon as I heard the price rumours, and then again when ryu signed.
    I just remember you latching onto JamieCís take after the Ryu signing? Either way, if itís legit then Atkins might not be as clueless as some people like to think he is?