Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 119 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2405
  1. #1771
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,232
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Shapiro has stated the defense needs to improve but that it would be done "internally". sigh. That outfield D is so important - it can make an average pitcher look really good.

    Souza Jr is still out there, could be a good veteran to have around and he knows the AL East quite well.
    Maybe that means they're going to let Davis run with centre and put Teoscar at DH.

  2. #1772
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529
    Apparently the Jays made a 4 year offer worth less than 80 mil to Ryu that was rejected. They were in on him right from the start of the off-season.

  3. #1773
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,696
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Derek Fisher and Teoscaar...that's why
    Lol Teoscar needs to stick as a DH/4th while Fisher probably is a AAAA player.

  4. #1774
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,398
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Rumor put out by Joey vendetta. Enough said
    Lol ok thanks.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  5. #1775
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Shapiro has stated the defense needs to improve but that it would be done "internally". sigh.
    When did he say that?

  6. #1776
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,696
    If we are "contending" by getting Ryu, I would take a stab at JD and move Vlad to 1B/DH (with Shaw getting reps there and Tellez back in AAA). It's going to be his natural position (and we have Goshans who is going to be at 3B anyway) so may as well move Vlad now.

  7. #1777
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,962
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Nobody will ever know.
    This is hilarious. We do know.

    Rumor from random tweet VS the agent saying we didnít. Who to believe....

  8. #1778
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    If we are "contending" by getting Ryu, I would take a stab at JD and move Vlad to 1B/DH (with Shaw getting reps there and Tellez back in AAA). It's going to be his natural position (and we have Goshans who is going to be at 3B anyway) so may as well move Vlad now.
    Based on what JD said and how that whole situation went down I don't think they'll be reaching out to him anytime soon. I want to move Vladdy as much as you do but I'd be shocked if they actually went through with it in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #1779
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This is hilarious. We do know.

    Rumor from random tweet VS the agent saying we didnít. Who to believe....
    Boras never said we didn't. He just didn't mention the Jays. Can't believe you're going off of Sarah's posts now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #1780
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    When did he say that?
    September 17th interview on Tim and Sid. Start it at the 17 minute mark

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ays-make-jump/

  11. #1781
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    September 17th interview on Tim and Sid. Start it at the 17 minute mark

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ays-make-jump/
    So yeah, he could mean benching/moving Teoscar to DH for someone like Jonathan Davis or Anthony Alford. I hope that's not the case though. He could also be alluding to the current players just needing to get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  12. #1782
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Maybe that means they're going to let Davis run with centre and put Teoscar at DH.
    They should give him a long run run. I said it before the time to try him and Alford out was in August and September but instead we got a revolving door of outfielders in and out of the lineup.

  13. #1783
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lol Teoscar needs to stick as a DH/4th while Fisher probably is a AAAA player.
    Seems obvious. Teoscar is 1000 AB's into his MLB career that's more than enough, Fisher nearly 400 so he has the longer leash but early signs are not promising because he struggles both at the plate and in the field.

  14. #1784
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,812
    Making a statement on Tim and Sid in September doesnít mean to much in my opinion, things evolve and change and basically no GM is gonna close the door on something that early.

    Iím sure they donít plan on adding piece that arenít clear upgrades but they obviously know that the OF situation isnít great.

  15. #1785
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,812
    As for Hernandez I think heís more then enough earned another look. I wouldnít care if he was used in a trade but people talk like heís complete trash on here when his numbers were actually pretty good and really good the 2nd half.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •