Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 195 of 227 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3399
    MLB claims they lost over $3b this season. Thatís crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    MLB claims they lost over $3b this season. Thatís crazy.
    and as of right now there's no real sign that things will be back to normal next season, this is going to impact all teams and why I never understood both Shapiro and especially Atkins saying they are going to - or open to - adding players ("super high impact" ones). I'm guessing Rogers revenue from the Jays is going to be down $100M at the minimum

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    and as of right now there's no real sign that things will be back to normal next season, this is going to impact all teams and why I never understood both Shapiro and especially Atkins saying they are going to - or open to - adding players ("super high impact" ones). I'm guessing Rogers revenue from the Jays is going to be down $100M at the minimum
    We all know they cook the books with the tv rights. But we all know what Toronto fans are like and they would have come out in droves in September this year.

George Springer has made it clear he doesn't want to re-sign with the Astros. What would you offer him?

I'd throw 4 years 120 million at him. Plug him into CF then trade Teoscar or Grichuk. As for the batting order, I'd probably have him 3 or 4. I don't want to mess with Biggio and Bo at the top. 100 runs a piece from those 2 for years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Grichuk doesnt have value IMO. If we add a CF, I trade Teoscar for pitching.

He'll probably get a 5/6 year deal for $22-25 mil each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He'll probably get a 5/6 year deal for $22-25 mil each year.
    Maybe. But economics are ****ed this year. Probably the worst year ever to be a free agent. Next year already not looking any better. I donít think thereís going to be many teams throwing out big deals this winter.

plus.....number of teams willing to add big contracts is dwindling, and that's precovid.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Grichuk doesnt have value IMO. If we add a CF, I trade Teoscar for pitching.
    What type of pitcher do you think he'd be able to get?

Please stop talking about trading Teoscar. The guy hit 16 bombs in 50 games with an OPS over .900, he runs well and he throws well.That could be like trading Joey Bats for a reliever or back end starter...after the 2010 season. Trading him now while he is cheap and could provide us with 40+ HR's with a solid OPS is just a bad, bad idea.

He isn't bringing back an ace or a top prospect right now before he proves he can do it over 162 games. If they acquire a CF, then Grichuk is the odd man out. He either becomes a really expensive "4th outfielder" who can fill in all 3 spots and do some damage when he plays and provides solid depth, or he gets moved to save 10M per season.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Please stop talking about trading Teoscar. The guy hit 16 bombs in 50 games with an OPS over .900, he runs well and he throws well.That could be like trading Joey Bats for a reliever or back end starter...after the 2010 season. Trading him now while he is cheap and could provide us with 40+ HR's with a solid OPS is just a bad, bad idea.

He isn't bringing back an ace or a top prospect right now before he proves he can do it over 162 games. If they acquire a CF, then Grichuk is the odd man out. He either becomes a really expensive "4th outfielder" who can fill in all 3 spots and do some damage when he plays and provides solid depth, or he gets moved to save 10M per season.
    If we get George Springer then one of them will have to be dealt. Ideally I'd want to trade Grichuk for a bag of balls but it's not like teams are going to want to pay him. If George Springer goes off the table then the thought of trading Teoscar all but dies.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Maybe. But economics are ****ed this year. Probably the worst year ever to be a free agent. Next year already not looking any better. I donít think thereís going to be many teams throwing out big deals this winter.
    That is true. But I think he can't afford to take a short term deal given we don't know how long this last and hes already 31. I think he may take take a long term deal and the team will have the final years backdated.

I'd take a hack at Corey Kluber on a 1 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What type of pitcher do you think he'd be able to get?
    Impossible to know. A young guy with decent ceiling (#3 starter) that has some limited MLB experience, but small sample size?

Teoscar is older and doesn't have enough a sample size to command more IMO. Grichuk doesn't have any value in my mind. There is a reason why we are discussing moving one of them. Teoscar should have some value.

Teams have started declining options. Should be an interesting off season. (might not have to make a deal)