Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 331 of 363 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5443
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The slash lines are almost identical though. Thatís where the worry lies.
    I'm not worried one bit.

Last year is a wash with Vlad. When you are like 50 lbs overweight you can't perform anywhere near your potential. I want to see what he does after working his tail off the past 6 months to get back into playing shape. I bet he has never been in this good of shape in his life.

We forget now, but getting in the gym and losing the baby fat is what made Osuna burst on to the scene in 2015. He came in looking like a new man fit and trim and instantly went from "pudgy kid with potential" to stud MLB pitcher.

Last year was the first real adversity Vladdy has faced....maybe ever. He grew up rich and dominated his way through the minor leagues being heralded as the best hitting prospect people had ever seen. Then suddenly reality kicks that he screwed up big time when he reports to camp last year and Montoyo throws a 1B mitt at him and tells him that is where his fat butt is going to have to play.

To his credit he took it gracefully and never said a word to the public. He just got into the gym and started transforming his body so that would never happen again. Most players get to learn that lesson before they get to the big leagues, and most young athletes don't have to watch what they eat like he will the rest of his life (or at least playing days) 20 year old kids can normally eat whatever they want.

I am excited to see what the real Vladdy can do. The question is now, how will the infield defense shake out. Whats nice is that they have multiple people to play every position on the field.

1B: Tellez|Vlad|Biggio
    2B: Semien|Biggio|Bichette
    3B: Vlad|Biggio|Semien|Bichette
    SS: Bichette|Semien
    LF: Gurriel|Grichuk|Hernandez|Biggio
    CF: Springer|Grichuk
    RF: Hernandez|Grichuk|Springer

Outside of who is behind the plate each day, they have 10 bats to get in the lineup on a regular basis in 8 lineup spots. Assuming they actually have any stretches where all 10 of those guys are healthy, that is a great problem to have.

Career best slash lines (to date):

Grichuk: .276/.329/.548
    Teoscar: .289/.340/.579
    Gurriel: .308/.348/.534
    Springer: .292/.383/.591

The potential in those 4 OF bats is ridiculous. Then you have 5 bats for 4 infield spots:

Vladdy: .262/.329/.462
    Bichette: .311/.358/.571
    Biggio: .250/.375/.432
    Semien: .285/.369/.522
    Tellez: .283/.346/.540 (NOTE: I chose not to use his rookie slash line because it was over 23 games)

Vlad and Biggio are still getting better, and I think we are just starting to see what Tellez can do too. The only guys not threats to hit 30+ bombs are Biggio and Bichette, and that could change in a hurry with Bo cause he definitely has the pop to do it if he can stay on the field enough. This lineup went from really good to scary good/deep if Semien turns out to be worth the 18M they gave him.

When did Grichuk post those numbers. When Blue Jays announcers kept talking about Grichuk brraking throigh to end July I thought those were career numbers at the time

Good article from Shi. Hopefully this trend continues given how stacked 2021 FA is.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/blue-ja...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Good article from Shi. Hopefully this trend continues given how stacked 2021 FA is.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/blue-ja...mpression=true
    Iím still holding out hope for Lindor. Baez would be a great get too. I canít imagine the Dodgers let Seager go.

Lindor probably getting the largest contract next year I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lindor probably getting the largest contract next year I think.
    If itís not done by ST then we have a chance. He said he doesnít want to negotiate in season

I dont think he'll sign by ST either so he'll be available but I may be tempted to spend more on pitching next year given how our roster is crrrently set up.

Welcome Matz

Josh Winckowski, Sean Reid-Foley, and Yennsy Diaz going to the Mets

https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/s...622452737?s=20

Matz to the Jays for 3 specs

I guess he will be our LHP in the pen

Mat doesnt really do anything for me. I was still kinda holding up hope for SRF. The other starter has good stats in lower A but never really heard of him before.

Hope hes not guaranteed a starter role.

Maybe this means Mets getting Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Matz to the Jays for 3 specs

I guess he will be our LHP in the pen
    LOL that emoji is perfect

Borucki the forgotten man .

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Borucki the forgotten man .
    I'm thinking Kay in AAA if he has options.

Head scratcher. I guess we have to clear up our 40 man roster, but why help them potentially sign Bauer and take on Matz? They should be giving us specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I'm thinking Kay in AAA if he has options.

Head scratcher. I guess we have to clear up our 40 man roster, but why help them potentially sign Bauer and take on Matz? They should be giving us specs.
    The 40 man might be part of it. Not sure Jays care if Mets get Bauer. NL is probably preferred.

They probably think they can use Matz differently than the Mets and find more success. He once had some pedigree. But it certainly does feel like money that could be better spent.