Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2179
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You haven't acknowledged anything I've said. In fact, you even prove it by saying this.

Not only does this not make sense because AA did have a **** history of drafting but it's not what I've said. I pointed out how Bo signed here because of the player development. I even provided the link to him saying he signed here because they had the best player development. It even talks about how he was a "tough sign" because he turned down 4 other offers because of "fit". Here it is again for you to ignore.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1015766

This is the post that started this. This was when I started providing articles and evidence which you still obviously haven't read. I then posted this link.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ays-spotlight/

Your question about Gil Kim also proves you haven't read the previous posts. Gil Kim was hired as the Director of player development in January of 2016. Just a little over 2 months after Shapiro was hired. So yes (even though your 3 months isn't the correct time in between Shapiro's hiring and Bo's draft) it's clear that Shapiro immediately changed the player development system that was previously in place. He even hired a new director.

Your Sarah comparison is hilariously hypocritical. Mainly because it came right after you once again have brought up the Pearson debacle. A topic which I have tried to walk away on I don't even know how many times now.

Anywho, the evidence is all there. I've simplified it and narrowed it down so even you can understand it. You can say what you like in response to this (I know it'll be nothing to do about the whole player development thing ) but I'm finished on this. I had fun watching you avoid the truth but now it's gotten tiresome.
    Omg man... that is NOT evidence that Bo signed because of Gil Kim rather than the reputation of the farm/development staff left behind from AA.
    I donít know how many time so have to say this. That is me acknowledging your post. Itís not evidence the way you think it is. It would never stand in court. I can easily draw the same lines that Gil was only there for 2 months so the reputation was worth so much more. I donít see a point in arguing that my opinion is worth more than yours though so I havenít gone there like you. Itís conjecture and so obvious that all you care about is being right, regardless of the impact on the forum.

Youíre not right.

Of course you are trying to walk away from the Pearson thing. It was a ridiculous thing to attack me about. ďHow dare you suggest a hypothetical scenario where our team is better than it is on a sports forum!Ē Lmao. K.

Team reed - forum police. Canít say anything bad about Atkins or heíll bomber you.

If we are talking about AAís drafting it was hyped league wide and he Always managed to pull at least 2 assets from each draft - whether through the specs developing or trades as other GMís valued his talent. Letís hope Atkins learns how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    For Happ, I'd offer them one of McKinney or Drury, lol.
    Haha. Not even both lol

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He is not a good public relations guy. I agree. He doesn't inspire confidence when he speaks. I think that is part of the issue this front office frustrates the fan base so much. AA was likeable and excellent at PR.

They've done a nice with the scouting and development so far. I am hoping they show the ability to build the big league team around the young pieces now. Atkins comments aren't overly inspiring but the results will tell the story at the end of the day.
    This.
    I will only add that if the only way we can hope to add impact players is through drafting and development then ďniceĒ isnít good enough.
    Hopefully they are looking elsewhere though and time will indeed tell.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He is not a good public relations guy. I agree. He doesn't inspire confidence when he speaks. I think that is part of the issue this front office frustrates the fan base so much. AA was likeable and excellent at PR.

They've done a nice with the scouting and development so far. I am hoping they show the ability to build the big league team around the young pieces now. Atkins comments aren't overly inspiring but the results will tell the story at the end of the day.
    Yeah he leaves a lot to be desired when he speaks. His 100 million dollar contract has been the only thing he's ever said that's exciting really.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ew-aggressive/

Davidi with a tough article on Ross and management.
    I find it interesting that it is posted on Rogers owned media rather than The Star, Sun, or National Post, especially when both are on the last year of their contract. I admit that I could just be blowing smoke where there is none. Here are some quotes:

One frustrated agent lamented how the Blue Jays ďare 90 per cent due diligence that doesnít go anywhere.Ē

Thatís excessively harsh Ė they legitimately tried on Kyle Gibson, at minimum Ė but it demonstrates how their approach is leaving people that talk to them legitimately unclear about their true intentions.
    whoopity doo!! Kyle Gibson folks!!!! Apparently they tried to lure Gausman but the article states he's going to another team.

As manager Charlie Montoyo put it, ďWe had to improvise a lot, we used openers, and it wasnít really an opener, it was the bullpen, and you called it an opener because somebody had to open the game.Ē

Montoyo, as is his way, put a positive spin on the corrosive effects of the pitching instability by saying, ďOur kids are awesome, and theyíre going to play hard, it doesnít matter.Ē

But as a rival manager put it, ďThat wears on everyone.Ē

So does the chatter about trying and getting close and just missing out on players once they come off the market.

But do the cubs have any great specs they would part with? I like darvish and think he will bounce back. I think he would really like our Toronto culture and sell a lot of tickets too. The contract isnít that crazy imo.

Itís all about what specs they can offer though.
    Specs doesnít matter to me. They can attach another MLB player to make it happen.

Specs doesnít matter to me. They can attach another MLB player to make it happen.
    Anyone come to mind?

Anyone come to mind?
    Not particularly. I am okay with specs too, Iím just saying an MLB player would work for me too.

Not particularly. I am okay with specs too, Iím just saying an MLB player would work for me too.
    I agree as long as they have untapped ceiling (I donít think they would give up a major contributor off their roster), and 4 years or more control.

I agree as long as they have untapped ceiling (I donít think they would give up a major contributor off their roster), and 4 years or more control.
    I agree. But I really doubt that thereís a deal like that out there. Maybe Ian Happ. Iím not completely sold on him though and I donít know how the Cubs value him.

The Giants just got the 2019 15th overall pick for taking on Cozarts deal.

The Giants just got the 2019 15th overall pick for taking on Cozarts deal.
    Iíve actually posted about use the payroll flexibility to take on Cozart and get a prospect with him. I wanted Marsh with us sending more but Iím really surprised Angels gave up Wilson just to relieve Cozarts money.

Wish the Jays were in on that.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah he leaves a lot to be desired when he speaks. His 100 million dollar contract has been the only thing he's ever said that's exciting really.
    I think the concern of poor PR might be the one point of agreement in the forum .

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Iíve actually posted about use the payroll flexibility to take on Cozart and get a prospect with him. I wanted Marsh with us sending more but Iím really surprised Angels gave up Wilson just to relieve Cozarts money.

Wish the Jays were in on that.
    Yeah the 1st round pick is quite a bit to attach to only 1 year and 12 mil of Cozart.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Giants sign Gausman for $9MM. He's average but I thin still valuable. Never reached his potential. I'm sure we were in on him too.