Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 80 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2181
  1. #1186
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,617
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You haven't acknowledged any of it. I know people are sick of reading this garbage but I'm sick of hearing you spew the same false talking points over and over again. This all stems back to our great/middling farm argument. You refuse to credit Atkins with Bo and do everything you can to tie him to AA. If you claim to have acknowledged my posts with loads of evidence going against your argument then tell me, who drafted Bichette and who is responsible for the player development system he was impressed by?

    The reason I haven't changed my mind on this is because you've presented no evidence or arguments worthy of making me change my mind. When I go on to provide loads of evidence you refuse to read it. If you actually had some sort of evidence saying that AA was here and hired Gil Kim then maybe, but you don't. The problem is that your ego can't take being wrong so you start to play victim or call me a white knight as opposed to defending your actual argument. The quotes have been posted, if you actually read the post then you'd have seen it. All you've done in response to my factual evidence is call me a white knight, say you have *****es to **** and laugh instead of actually responding. For someone who knows nothing you sure love to pretend you know a lot.

    Pearson again, oh boy. You can believe what you want on that one as it was a hypothetical situation. You choose to take what never happened over what did so be it. With the Bichette situation nothing is hypothetical as there are quotes from him that I've posted which you've avoided reading. If you'd like to read them you're more than welcome to comb back a few pages to find them. I don't expect you to considering you don't read posts with evidence that goes against your claims. This is probably why you usually discuss hypothetical scenarios.

    I know you won't be reading any of the actual posts. Just please don't bring up your silly link between AA and Bichette in the future. I'm going to mute you for a bit so I can go back to enjoying my team and discussing baseball with people who will actually discuss the Jays instead of spew nonsense then cry when it gets challenged and beaten.
    1) I donít give a **** about what you feel.
    2) scroll up. I literally acknowledged your post in 4 of my last 10 posts.
    3) there isnít any evidence in your post. Itís all conjecture. Youíre drawing the same lines I am, but in a different direction. Unless there is a quote that says that actually proves the other wrong (and I honestly donít care enough about you to look, but Iím sure there is a quote where he talks about the farms reputation), then we are arguing opinion. Your opinion isnít worth a damn more than mine.
    4) yes Atkins has built an upper/middle farm. In the first draft with his own staff and 2 1st round picks, he got exactly 1 asset from it - Pearson. That isnít enough to build purely through the farm and I donít think that demonstrates amazing drafting or development. Maybe he should have traded more of those picks before they all became non specs?
    5). According to Shi - AAís staff identified, scouted, and lobbied to draft Bo. Do I need to link the article, or is that not enough ďevidenceĒ for you?
    6) you keep bringing up Gil Kim... like thereís a quote from brichette that mentions he mentions him. Did I miss something?
    7) if you read through our post histories I think it will be obvious that you are the one with the ego problem. My ego comes from things I have accomplished in real life, but I have no problem being wrong.
    8) thanks for your permission to think what I want about the Pearson hypothetical where we have a better team and still a upper/middle farm lol? I just think it is a great example of how your posts have gone ďfull mikepelfreyĒ because me suggesting a hypothetical situation is unacceptable and dead wrong and impossible. If you donít like it then donít read it. Disagree all you want but nothing about that hypothetical is impossible. Even if it was, who gives a ****? Deal with it and stop crying. Again, your opinion is not worth anymore than mine.

    The rest is just you trippin and repeating yourself. Most of what youíre repeating just leads me to believe you only read part of my posts. Not sure how many times you want me to read the post and tell you I donít see ANY evidence there, but I just looked again.. still no evidence.

    And Pearson could have been drafted at pick 24.

  2. #1187
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,617
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think itís fair. Iím not too concerned though considering the only names of importance that are off the board are Wheeler and Odorizzi. Lyles had me interested but I could care less about Gibson. Chase Anderson is pretty much the equivalent of the last 2 guys to me. Itís when names like Ryu, Keuchel, Teheran, Wood and even Wacha start going that Iíll start to get nervous.

    The earlier point on getting Ryu ASAP is one I agree with though. If the Dodgers miss on Cole theyíd have no problem re-signing Ryu.
    I actually think Anderson is better than Gibson or lyles.

  3. #1188
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Hearing Ross Atkins say things like this really makes me hate him on a personal level

    Wtf hahaha rofl

  4. #1189
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,617
    At least he knows ďthis is a marketĒ.

  5. #1190
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,617
    Apparently theyíre looking at happ again?

    Sheesh.

  6. #1191
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,944
    So the Yankees may need to attach specs to Happ in order to move him, and the Padres are now willing to attach prospects to Wil Myers and the 67.5 Million dollars he is owed over the next 3 years. If they will flex their financial muscle and take on the full amount in each trade they may be able to get some good young players to add to this team. Could they get 2 (or more) young SP's with upside if they pay all that money?

    Myers is a 1B who has to play the OF again because they signed Hosmer......who has also been a drastic disappointment the last 2 years in SD, so they both fill a current need.vIS it worth getting under another bad deal for 2 or 3 more years if they can get legit players for 7?

  7. #1192
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    So the Yankees may need to attach specs to Happ in order to move him, and the Padres are now willing to attach prospects to Wil Myers and the 67.5 Million dollars he is owed over the next 3 years. If they will flex their financial muscle and take on the full amount in each trade they may be able to get some good young players to add to this team. Could they get 2 (or more) young SP's with upside if they pay all that money?

    Myers is a 1B who has to play the OF again because they signed Hosmer......who has also been a drastic disappointment the last 2 years in SD, so they both fill a current need.vIS it worth getting under another bad deal for 2 or 3 more years if they can get legit players for 7?
    Instead of Happ or Myers how about Yu Darvish? 4 years and 80 mil left on that deal means the Cubs are probably even more desperate to unload him than either of those teams. He's also much better than Happ or Myers even in his current state.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #1193
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,953
    For Happ, I'd offer them one of McKinney or Drury, lol.

  9. #1194
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,617
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    So the Yankees may need to attach specs to Happ in order to move him, and the Padres are now willing to attach prospects to Wil Myers and the 67.5 Million dollars he is owed over the next 3 years. If they will flex their financial muscle and take on the full amount in each trade they may be able to get some good young players to add to this team. Could they get 2 (or more) young SP's with upside if they pay all that money?

    Myers is a 1B who has to play the OF again because they signed Hosmer......who has also been a drastic disappointment the last 2 years in SD, so they both fill a current need.vIS it worth getting under another bad deal for 2 or 3 more years if they can get legit players for 7?
    Wasnít considering it before reading your post, but I actually love this idea. If Atkins could milk them for 2 pitching specs each (maybe 1 really good one and 1 lesser) then we are all of a sudden on a decent path to be Really good in a few years.

    I like it a lot.

  10. #1195
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,617
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Instead of Happ or Myers how about Yu Darvish? 4 years and 80 mil left on that deal means the Cubs are probably even more desperate to unload him than either of those teams. He's also much better than Happ or Myers even in his current state.
    But do the cubs have any great specs they would part with? I like darvish and think he will bounce back. I think he would really like our Toronto culture and sell a lot of tickets too. The contract isnít that crazy imo.

    Itís all about what specs they can offer though.

  11. #1196
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,307
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    For Happ, I'd offer them one of McKinney or Drury, lol.
    I'd be saying attach Clint Frazier to take any salary off the Yankees.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  12. #1197
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    1) I donít give a **** about what you feel.
    2) scroll up. I literally acknowledged your post in 4 of my last 10 posts.
    3) there isnít any evidence in your post. Itís all conjecture. Youíre drawing the same lines I am, but in a different direction. Unless there is a quote that says that actually proves the other wrong (and I honestly donít care enough about you to look, but Iím sure there is a quote where he talks about the farms reputation), then we are arguing opinion. Your opinion isnít worth a damn more than mine.
    4) yes Atkins has built an upper/middle farm. In the first draft with his own staff and 2 1st round picks, he got exactly 1 asset from it - Pearson. That isnít enough to build purely through the farm and I donít think that demonstrates amazing drafting or development. Maybe he should have traded more of those picks before they all became non specs?
    5). According to Shi - AAís staff identified, scouted, and lobbied to draft Bo. Do I need to link the article, or is that not enough ďevidenceĒ for you?
    6) you keep bringing up Gil Kim... like thereís a quote from brichette that mentions he mentions him. Did I miss something?
    7) if you read through our post histories I think it will be obvious that you are the one with the ego problem. My ego comes from things I have accomplished in real life, but I have no problem being wrong.
    8) thanks for your permission to think what I want about the Pearson hypothetical where we have a better team and still a upper/middle farm lol? I just think it is a great example of how your posts have gone ďfull mikepelfreyĒ because me suggesting a hypothetical situation is unacceptable and dead wrong and impossible. If you donít like it then donít read it. Disagree all you want but nothing about that hypothetical is impossible. Even if it was, who gives a ****? Deal with it and stop crying. Again, your opinion is not worth anymore than mine.

    The rest is just you trippin and repeating yourself. Most of what youíre repeating just leads me to believe you only read part of my posts. Not sure how many times you want me to read the post and tell you I donít see ANY evidence there, but I just looked again.. still no evidence.

    And Pearson could have been drafted at pick 24.
    You haven't acknowledged anything I've said. In fact, you even prove it by saying this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You seriously think Bo would have signed with the jays over the HPD gimmick if we had a **** history of drafting and developing?
    Not only does this not make sense because AA did have a **** history of drafting but it's not what I've said. I pointed out how Bo signed here because of the player development. I even provided the link to him saying he signed here because they had the best player development. It even talks about how he was a "tough sign" because he turned down 4 other offers because of "fit". Here it is again for you to ignore.

    https://www.thescore.com/news/1015766

    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting shapiro laid the ground work in the 3 months since he arrived, to make Bo feel good about the jays development system?
    This is the post that started this. This was when I started providing articles and evidence which you still obviously haven't read. I then posted this link.

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ays-spotlight/

    One of the first major projects Shapiro and Atkins undertook upon joining Toronto was installing a robust, forward-thinking player development department under the leadership of Gil Kim, who was hired away from the Texas Rangers. The group wanted to encourage individuality from players like Bichette, while giving them the guidance and resources they needed to become well-rounded major-league regulars while not sacrificing the distinctiveness that got them this far.
    Your question about Gil Kim also proves you haven't read the previous posts. Gil Kim was hired as the Director of player development in January of 2016. Just a little over 2 months after Shapiro was hired. So yes (even though your 3 months isn't the correct time in between Shapiro's hiring and Bo's draft) it's clear that Shapiro immediately changed the player development system that was previously in place. He even hired a new director.

    Your Sarah comparison is hilariously hypocritical. Mainly because it came right after you once again have brought up the Pearson debacle. A topic which I have tried to walk away on I don't even know how many times now.

    Anywho, the evidence is all there. I've simplified it and narrowed it down so even you can understand it. You can say what you like in response to this (I know it'll be nothing to do about the whole player development thing ) but I'm finished on this. I had fun watching you avoid the truth but now it's gotten tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #1198
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,582
    I posted about Gibson a few days ago, increased his velocity along with a few other pitchers on that Twins staff. I mean what is that committee for anyway? Pay me a fraction of what they make.

  14. #1199
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I'd be saying attach Clint Frazier to take any salary off the Yankees.
    He'd slot in nicely as the DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  15. #1200
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Hearing Ross Atkins say things like this really makes me hate him on a personal level

    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Lol that's what I was saying a few pages back. They really need to hire a spokesperson.
    He is not a good public relations guy. I agree. He doesn't inspire confidence when he speaks. I think that is part of the issue this front office frustrates the fan base so much. AA was likeable and excellent at PR.

    They've done a nice with the scouting and development so far. I am hoping they show the ability to build the big league team around the young pieces now. Atkins comments aren't overly inspiring but the results will tell the story at the end of the day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •