Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 68 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2283
  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Fans care about winning and production, not personalities. But that's not even what we were talking about.
    if JD was such a jerk why in the f'in hell did they hold on to him until his value was so low they received nothing for him?

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,978
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    if JD was such a jerk why in the f'in hell did they hold on to him until his value was so low they received nothing for him?
    Because he was hurt. Why do you keep changing the discussion. Just admit that you're wrong and move along.

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Because he was hurt. Why do you keep changing the discussion. Just admit that you're wrong and move along.
    He was hurt in parts of April and May 2017 and fully healthy the remainder of the season to post a .944 OPS.
    Admit what?

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,309
    Jordan Lyles 2yr $18m to the Rangers.

    Would’ve been nice at that price. Who’s out there still in the Ross and Shap price range? Or is the Ross and Shap price range below that still lol?

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Jordan Lyles 2yr $18m to the Rangers.

    Would’ve been nice at that price. Who’s out there still in the Ross and Shap price range? Or is the Ross and Shap price range below that still lol?
    I'd go really hard on Jimmy Nelson

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    He was hurt in parts of April and May 2017 and fully healthy the remainder of the season to post a .944 OPS.
    Admit what?
    This. Who cares if he was a popular player with fans. He should have been dealt then. Then there may actually be enough high value tradeable assets in the farm system for the needed MLB players via trade now. But since most of the best assets were dealt to late, the farm is not a top 10 system and there is not enough to have on a MLB squad and enough to trade to fill in the missing pieces. And since Shatkins seems to not be able to pay extra to bring top players here in free agency, they just have too many holes to fill.

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,309
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I'd go really hard on Jimmy Nelson
    Seems like a no brainer. Low risk high reward guy that should come relatively cheap and with no term. Could work out really good, alright or not at all. Easy decision.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,436
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    how bout the Toronto skyline tattooed on his chest?

    https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...r-stroman.html
    You still never said how they mistreated Stroman

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You still never said how they mistreated Stroman
    But production and fan favourite...

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    As of right now because fangraphs is more recent and BA still has Bo Bichette, yes. If BA comes out with one tomorrow I'll take that over Fangraphs. As I've mentioned it wasn't just fangraphs that had the Jays outside the top 10 it was other publications and as you saw in a November ESPN article it considers the Jays "middle of the road." Thus I do not agree with your statement:



    In 2020 anything can happen they could have the top farm or they could be one of the worse depending how said players work out because they or so low on the Jays farm. Manoah is very intriguing and has the Jack McDowell build, but I also thought about great things from Smoral too.

    The Jays farm was never in "elite" territory because the Jays were considered a "top heavy" farm. They were always considered in the 2nd tier behind the likes of the White Sox, Braves, and Padres. In the 2019 offseason thread this was debated and there is a website that compiled all the publications and it placed the Jays around the 8th spot IIRC. The elite farms were top 5 in each publication.
    To each their own then. Other publications had the Jays in the high teens yet fangraphs was the only one to have the Jays that far low. I think by the time the season starts the Jays will be in my original 10-12 ranking though. Time will tell.

    You're right that anything can happen in 2020. Matt Smoral was a high school arm who never really proved anything at any level though. He didn't even excel in rookie ball. Guys like Manoah and Pearson are college arms and while SWR came out of high school he's already shown he has potential. I'm optimistic when it comes to these prospects though. Atkins said from the beginning that his focus was on player development and 2019 showed that he was able to draft and develop some very good players.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,162
    I see noodles got taken down hanton's topsy turvy road to avoid being wrong about something. It's fun watching from the outside this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Why? No one in here believed Atkins would get Cole or any top FA pitcher (but it seems like they want us to believe that?). In fact I think most people that are not in Atkins's camp are actually fine with watching the Jays have another developmental year in 2020. The Jays do not have the prospects at the upper levels to make a splash like Vlad and co. other than Pearson so signing an FA for a ridiculous amount of money (like they'd come to a 90+ loss team anyways) makes no sense because we still don't know what the Jays are. It's also tough to see the Jays make any type of trade for a top pitcher because it will deal a severe blow to the farm (as ESPN stated).

    Acquire stable SP that can eat innings and see how close the offense and kids can keep the games. Evaluate in the 2020 off-season and go from there.
    I agree that it'd be very hard to convince a top tier name like Cole to sign on a rebuilding team. My main reasoning behind wanting to sign him was because next years FA class is waaaaaaaaay thinner than this years. Did I expect Atkins to get him? No. Was it a pipe dream? Yes, until that 250 million dollar rumour came out.

    If a trade were to happen the Jays would almost certainly be sending out a catcher and/or a pitcher. None at the MLB level though. People like to chirp when I point out how I call things but hey, who was the guy calling for a trade of Jansen/McGuire before all the articles even came out? It me. I know the trade never happened but it'd make sense having Jansen/McGuire/Kirk/Moreno all in the system.

    I think they can do better than just an inning eating Tanner Roark type. Is that the type of pitcher you were alluding to when you mentioned an SP who can eat innings? I think guys like Keuchel, Ryu or Teheran could be convinced to sign here for the right dollar amount. Ryu is worrisome though with his injury history. Either way, they need to acquire at least one pitcher who can be seen as more than an inning eater moving forward. If Keuchel were signed then I'd look at him as the ace for 2020 but the #3 pitcher beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    O/U - 75% of your contribution to this forum being some variation of this post
    The spirit of Sarah lives on through her only friend, Spiderdan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    What truth? That when this FO was left with a bloated payroll, aging team and very few trade able assets? Yeah, it surely stings the nostrils.

    You just keep fighting the good fight
    Mark Shapiro was mean to AA so he had every excuse to leave the team high and dry like he did. It clearly had nothing to do with the obvious reasons you stated above.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yawn. Best trade ever made by the Raptors was trading a talented player that loved the city and wanted to be here. You have to separate yourself from that. It's leverage and Stroman's a lot of things, but not stupid.
    Can't wait for hanton's response of "Well then why didn't they trade Stroman for Mike Trout?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •