Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 419 of 446 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 6683
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Yeah that's fair. What kind of impact arms are there left in FA? I can't see Kershaw coming here.

It all depends on how much money they have to spend, they could trade for Castillo, sign Conforto and use the excess OF to trade for a capable 3B

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I think Castellanos was projected for $115 mil for 5 ywars on MLBTR. I wpuld probably just get Rodkn for 1 year at the same AAV.

Or split between maybe Kikuchi and Jansen or something depending on the lenght.

Weve had a lot of talk about getting an OF and shuffling some pieces around but what about the BP? Are people satisfied with Yimi or do you guys want more? Personally Id like to see another arm added.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Weve had a lot of talk about getting an OF and shuffling some pieces around but what about the BP? Are people satisfied with Yimi or do you guys want more? Personally Id like to see another arm added.
    From a quick glance, there's not much left in the FA pool which probably means a trade. I am a bit hesitant to trade any blue chip specs for a top end reliever. I would be fine with trading for one and signing a few to minors deals

From a quick glance, there's not much left in the FA pool which probably means a trade. I am a bit hesitant to trade any blue chip specs for a top end reliever. I would be fine with trading for one and signing a few to minors deals

Richard Rodriguez, Collin McHugh and Kenley Jansen are still out there. I assume Jansen would command more money than the other two. Supposedly Yimi was the first multi year deal the Jays gave an FA reliever since BJ Ryan.

Im with you on the trade idea. Id be willing to give a top 10 prospect depending on the return but certainly nothing on the top 5.

Only worth it if a stud to close id think.

Romano
    Garcia
    Cimber
    Edwards
    Mayza
    Merryweather

6/8 locks if healthy

Phelps/borucki/NEW GUY makes 7
    8 would be to shuffle up and down to buffalo

Can only have 8

If rumors of jays in on kicuchi tells me they are looking to only spend 10-12 on a sp if they get one . I would have matched the 4/44 for matz and locked that up. Rotation set for 4 years with exception of ryu leaving after 2 more years.

So that could be a situation where they try to spread remaining money on 3b and rp.
    Id take a Kikuchi/Jansen/Chapman finish.

Or a Bryant and Jansen
    Or a Bryant and Kikuchi

If they go with Kikuchi, it will be a multi year deal as he passed on 1/13 option. So would be they be willing to block Pearson for 2
    Years? If they do, he is bullpen bound asap Id think.

I think Ive come around to stripling/Pearson as 5Th starter and spending big on a bat.

Correa with strip as 5th starter and Pearson in the pen.

Now other option would be to sign Suzuki for the OF for about 13m a year including posting fee for 3-4 years if they believe in him. Then guierriel could be dangled in a trade for a sp and then a rp signed

As much as Id like to pencil Merryweather into the pen, I just cant see him staying healthy. Its part of the reason why Id like to see them get at least one more arm.

I want nothing to do with Kikuchi but am alright with Stripling as the 5th starter. Pearson should just start the season in the pen so he can actually do something to help the club.

Romano
    Cimber
    Rodriguez/McHugh
    Pearson
    Edwards
    Yimi
    Mayza
    Borucki

Id be okay with a pen like that.

As much as Id like to pencil Merryweather into the pen, I just cant see him staying healthy. Its part of the reason why Id like to see them get at least one more arm.

I want nothing to do with Kikuchi but am alright with Stripling as the 5th starter. Pearson should just start the season in the pen so he can actually do something to help the club.

Romano
    Cimber
    Rodriguez/McHugh
    Pearson
    Edwards
    Yimi
    Mayza
    Borucki

Id be okay with a pen like that.
    A few issues though :

No ability to shuffle fresh arms in from aaa which is valuable.
    If borucki doesnt make the team , he is out of options and lost. Team may be ok with that scenario but I wouldnt think so as it is poor asset management and he is the 2nd best left ty reliever on The 40 man.

If merryweather is healthy, do you punt borucki ? And again, still wont have aaa shuttle
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

The relievers are only signing 2 years so maybe Tepera or Jansen.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    A few issues though :

No ability to shuffle fresh arms in from aaa which is valuable.
    If borucki doesnt make the team , he is out of options and lost. Team may be ok with that scenario but I wouldnt think so as it is poor asset management and he is the 2nd best left ty reliever on The 40 man.

If merryweather is healthy, do you punt borucki ? And again, still wont have aaa shuttle
    Its a risk Im willing to take. Also by Edwards I meant Richards. Made a boo boo there.

The BP is what kept the Jays from making the playoffs last year. If anything, Merryweather could start in AAA and come up as an injury replacement if he can stay healthy. He may even be the odd man out. Hes 30 now and has only pitched 34 innings over the last 3 seasons between the majors and minors.

Its a risk Im willing to take. Also by Edwards I meant Richards. Made a boo boo there.

The BP is what kept the Jays from making the playoffs last year. If anything, Merryweather could start in AAA and come up as an injury replacement if he can stay healthy. He may even be the odd man out. Hes 30 now and has only pitched 34 innings over the last 3 seasons between the majors and minors.
    I also meant Richards
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Couldn't we sign guys like Brad Hand or Sergio Romo for $2 mil deals or something?

Alos just realized that Grienke is available. I would take a shot at him at a 1 year deal. He hasn't missed any games and still dependable.

Im with that. Grienke, not hand. I have no interest in a Hand job. The first one stunk.

For similar money , Id go Grienke easily over Kikuchi

Forgot Hand was with the Blue Jays this year. His stats weren't even bad though with the Mets and Nationals lol.

Yea Grienke over Kikuchi. I wpuldnt have sig ed him to more than 2 years anyway bit Boras probably gonna ask for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Im with that. Grienke, not hand. I have no interest in a Hand job. The first one stunk.

For similar money , Id go Grienke easily over Kikuchi
    Thank you for the laugh and I agree I'd pass on the Hand job to.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's