Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 194 of 238 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3569
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Who would you target?
    Hard to pin down what a vlad trade would even look like.
    Mike Soroka, Ian Anderson or Max Fried. Try and sign Ozuna away from him too. Have a rotating DH between him and Teoscar.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 10-25-2020 at 11:11 PM.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I only agree if that pitcher is a game changer. All of those guys have potential to be game changers day in and day out.
    Yes. Better not be for a frigging mid rotation guy.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Mike Soroka, Ian Anderson or Max Fried.
    But they’re likely not dealing any of those kids. Soroka’s injury scares me a bit. I like Dinelson Lamet and Lucas Giolito so not like they’re dealing those guys either. Sometimes a baseball trade happens instead of a salary dump/sell off type of trade. But everyone wants controllable pitching that’s good.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    But they’re likely not dealing any of those kids. Soroka’s injury scares me a bit. I like Dinelson Lamet and Lucas Giolito so not like they’re dealing those guys either. Sometimes a baseball trade happens instead of a salary dump/sell off type of trade. But everyone wants controllable pitching that’s good.
    I just looked up Soroka's injury and had no idea it was an achillies tear. That might change things for me. I understand that everyone wants young pitching that's controllable. It's just that AA has tons of it. Even more beyond those guys but those are the guys I'd target.

If he has any sort of attachment to Vlad he might bite. He hasn't made a splash in ATL yet unless you count the Melancon trade.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    GG yes, LH is irrelevant - his career OBP is .307. D is all that matters here
    It matters to some degree. That could swing a matchup or strategy of the opposing team.

I just looked up Soroka's injury and had no idea it was an achillies tear. That might change things for me. I understand that everyone wants young pitching that's controllable. It's just that AA has tons of it. Even more beyond those guys but those are the guys I'd target.

If he has any sort of attachment to Vlad he might bite. He hasn't made a splash in ATL yet unless you count the Melancon trade.
    Signing Ozuna or JD wasnt a big enough splash?

Trading Vlad honestly makes sense. Even if he does turn out to be a premier bat he's always going to be a slow and fat guy who can't play any position. AA is sitting on a massive pile of young MLB arms and OF prospects and the pressure is on him to make a move. It's a match made in heaven.
    If you can get elite young pitching then Im down.

It may be harder the more control you want. Teoscar is closest to reaching FA and performed the best of the group we discussing so he should be the easiest to trade with a big enough return

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Both 1 year deals which both ended. I was also talking about trades. I should've clarified that.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 10-26-2020 at 07:16 AM.

It may be harder the more control you want. Teoscar is closest to reaching FA and performed the best of the group we discussing so he should be the easiest to trade with a big enough return
    We disagree there. 5 years of Vladdy still gets more than 2 of Teoscar in my books.

We disagree there. 5 years of Vladdy still gets more than 2 of Teoscar in my books.
    Well thats where the difficulty of trading occurs. Harder to find a trade you like trading Vlad with 5 years exp than Teoscar, assunig you want similar control.

The more I think about it, the less immovable Grich seems. He isn't terribly overpaid, so the best move might be to trade him for a bag of balls and look to move prospects for a real CF.

They should be selling high on Teoscar IMO.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    They should be selling high on Teoscar IMO.
    Yea can only handle that outfield defense for so long, now if he puts up a .900 OPS in 2021 then it's bearable but that's a big if. I don't trust his on base skills.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    The more I think about it, the less immovable Grich seems. He isn't terribly overpaid, so the best move might be to trade him for a bag of balls and look to move prospects for a real CF.
    I don't care about the money as well, I do care about having players that can run down balls in the outfield. Ask Walker, Roark, Ryu....etc where outfield D ranks with them.

Both studs, Ozuna put up eye popping numbers. He put up better numbers then LeMahieu!