Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 193 of 232 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3467
    Of course but if we dont trade him we gotta trade someone.

Giles for Verdugo would have been nice

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Of course but if we dont trade him we gotta trade someone.
    We really don't. Gurriel plays GG defence in LF and has a solid bat for the 5 hole. Grichuk plays solid D and Teoscar might be a premier bat. Still aren't sure about that yet. Atkins has a top 10 farm to trade from. There's plenty of prospects to make deals with. If somebody wants Grichuk then I'd make a deal but that's just not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We really don't. Gurriel plays GG defence in LF and has a solid bat for the 5 hole. Grichuk plays solid D and Teoscar might be a premier bat. Still aren't sure about that yet. Atkins has a top 10 farm to trade from. There's plenty of prospects to make deals with. If somebody wants Grichuk then I'd make a deal but that's just not going to happen.
    We cant improve OF defense without making a move. Either trade 1 of the OF or keep those 3 but move 1 to DH and move vlad/rowdy instead.

We cant improve OF defense without making a move. Either trade 1 of the OF or keep those 3 but move 1 to DH and move vlad/rowdy instead.
    I agree. If you don't trade one of the 5, then where does your defense improve?

You could get creative for sure, but it really seems like one of the core guys has got to go to improve the defense.

If you trade 1 of those guys for starting pitching, it would help the team overall.

If the Rays can play Keirmier in CF, even part time, then Davis should be given an opportunity at that position as well. Unless Atkins is making a push for a stud outfielder that's what I'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    If the Rays can play Keirmier in CF, even part time, then Davis should be given an opportunity at that position as well. Unless Atkins is making a push for a stud outfielder that's what I'd like to see.
    I like the idea. Curious how other teams value our OF'ers...

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I don't disagree. I think you can afford to punt some offence for elite defence. However, you can only have so many guys on your team giving no bats. I'd run Davis out there everyday if we had a catcher or 3B that could hit something.

Kirk is the C of the future and I think he'll be able to hit. Groshans and Martin probably get reps at 3B so I think we'll be good there.

We need some LH hitters so it sucks att 3 OF are RH hitters.

Kiermier was elite GG though and is a LH so thats why.

If you trade 1 of those guys for starting pitching, it would help the team overall.
    I only agree if that pitcher is a game changer. All of those guys have potential to be game changers day in and day out.

Trading Vlad honestly makes sense. Even if he does turn out to be a premier bat he's always going to be a slow and fat guy who can't play any position. AA is sitting on a massive pile of young MLB arms and OF prospects and the pressure is on him to make a move. It's a match made in heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Trading Vlad honestly makes sense. Even if he does turn out to be a premier bat he's always going to be a slow and fat guy who can't play any position. AA is sitting on a massive pile of young MLB arms and OF prospects and the pressure is on him to make a move. It's a match made in heaven.
    Who would you target?
    Hard to pin down what a vlad trade would even look like.

Kiermier was elite GG though and is a LH so thats why.
    GG yes, LH is irrelevant - his career OBP is .307. D is all that matters here