Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 192 of 241 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3610
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Pretty damn thin though unless weíre talking about other players in the same category. Jimenez type 5 tool Generational MLB players with 5 years of control left.
    No pitchers - too volatile.
    Well it depends on the rest of our team of course. I do think they are still a bit too far away to be trading vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think its one of those having a lot of great pieces but bad fit sort of deal.

It would work as well if we traded Vlad or Rowdy. Opens up DH for Teoscar, move Grichuk to RF and get a good CF.

But it looks like we have an OF defense problem and need starting pitching. The same suggestion of Vlad for an ace is the same concept as Teoscar for an ace IMO.
    Good luck landing an ace for teo...

How bout adding 2 of the tier 2 sp and adding a stud at the trade deadline?

How about trading rowdy and signing Nelson cruz?

Good luck landing an ace for teo...
    So what do you think we could get for Teo. He was our best hitter and is in MVP consideration. His OPS was .919 and was over .900 after the all-star break last season.

I find it odd how you undervalue our players, and by extension the team. I won't argue that we're got a finished product, but 7 full-time players with OPS's over .790 is pretty impressive for offense. Not counting Fisher, Davis, Kirk or other part-timers. LGJ up for a gold glove and Teoscar's defense isn't great, although he did have 7 outfield assists, Grick has ranked in the top 10 in CF defense in the past, so we're not as bad as some posters think our OF defense is. Given the offensive upside I think we're fine in the OF. Starting pitching and a stud 3B would set us up very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    So what do you think we could get for Teo. He was our best hitter and is in MVP consideration. His OPS was .919 and was over .900 after the all-star break last season.

I find it odd how you undervalue our players, and by extension the team. I won't argue that we're got a finished product, but 7 full-time players with OPS's over .790 is pretty impressive for offense. Not counting Fisher, Davis, Kirk or other part-timers. LGJ up for a gold glove and Teoscar's defense isn't great, although he did have 7 outfield assists, Grick has ranked in the top 10 in CF defense in the past, so we're not as bad as some posters think our OF defense is. Given the offensive upside I think we're fine in the OF. Starting pitching and a stud 3B would set us up very nicely.
    I like teo, I just donít think youíre landing an ace with control for him. Iíd rather keep him than trade him for a rental when I donít believe the team is ready to make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    There's a small part of me that believes in his offense, he just looks different at the plate unlike Grichuk who had a good season yet looks exactly the same - same swing and stance.

However, the sample size is too small so I want to see more, Teo had a better OPS than Springer but teams won't value him as such.

Yelich had an OPS of .786, it's an odd season, probably not a good season in determining a players value.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    There's a small part of me that believes in his offense, he just looks different at the plate unlike Grichuk who had a good season yet looks exactly the same - same swing and stance.

However, the sample size is too small so I want to see more, Teo had a better OPS than Springer but teams won't value him as such.

Yelich had an OPS of .786, it's an odd season, probably not a good season in determining a players value.
    I agree very difficult. Was it a hot 60, a cold 60? Travel schedule, not seeing as many teams? Mentally being bubbled? Vastly different roster construction? No fans? Shortened spring training? Holy crap. Thereís so much these guys had to do this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I agree very difficult. Was it a hot 60, a cold 60? Travel schedule, not seeing as many teams? Mentally being bubbled? Vastly different roster construction? No fans? Shortened spring training? Holy crap. Thereís so much these guys had to do this year.
    New rules? Fears? Trump and his racism. Totally agree. What a crazy year itís been.

New rules? Fears? Trump and his racism. Totally agree. What a crazy year itís been.
    Iím honestly surprised we made it through the year.

I like teo, I just donít think youíre landing an ace with control for him. Iíd rather keep him than trade him for a rental when I donít believe the team is ready to make a run.
    I think you could package him with some prospects for a player with 3 years of control. Teoscar himself is a FA in like 3 years so it may work. Like if you offered Teoscar and some low level prospects for Clev that would be a great deal IMO.

Im not as high on teoscar as some (think hes valuable but not this good) so may be a good time to sell high.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 10-24-2020 at 11:43 AM.

I think you could package him with some prospects for a player with 3 years of control. Teoscar himself is a FA in like 3 years so it may work. Like if you offered Teoscar and some low level prospects for Clev that would be a great deal IMO.

Im not as high on teoscar as some (think hes valuable but not this good) so may be a good time to sell high.
    I totally hear you.
    But what if he IS this good...? could be a MAJOR part of our team. I think weíll be able to pick up a good pitcher in FA next season. We only need 3.

It's such a hard call with Teoscar because when he slumps he's god awful. When he's hot he's a top 10 hitter in the AL. It would've been nice to see what he could do over a full season with his track record of consistency issues. Personally I wouldn't say he's untouchable but he's one of the last guys I'd want to trade.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He's the one closest to reaching FA so I think that plays a role.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It's such a hard call with Teoscar because when he slumps he's god awful. When he's hot he's a top 10 hitter in the AL. It would've been nice to see what he could do over a full season with his track record of consistency issues. Personally I wouldn't say he's untouchable but he's one of the last guys I'd want to trade.
    Yeah I agree. I just want to see more of him before I can even predict his trade value even. Some team could over value him, or he could be undervalued.

Weíve seen it before, struggling players love breaking out in Toronto.

He's the one closest to reaching FA so I think that plays a role.
    Definitely plays a roll, but if he keeps hitting at a .900+ rate by the time he hits FA then I would love to pay him what he earns.