Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 239 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3575
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Itís all about rum scoring and run prevention. If we fail to land a springer or Jt turner type, turn most of the attention to get impact pitching. Not anderson, shoemaker types. We have a glut of thornton, hatch, Kay, zeuch types to move in trades. I also think Moreno and one of mcguire/Riley adams is moved to accommodate Kirk in aaa. We got a look at a lot of
    These pitchers so what do you think their role is on the 2021 team?

Anderson- cut. Way too much Aav coming off 2020 and probably a depressed market
    Waguespack- low on pecking order rp. Used sparingLy in mlb
    Kay- will lose out on a sp spot and will be in aaa starting rotation. Will spend half year in mlb.
    Thornton- Iíve seen enough of him starting to say I donít see the upside there. Bp going forward
    Borucki- bp
    Merryweather - wonít crack rotation. Final year under control. Put in pen as a 2 inning reliever and see how he does. Too many injuries to rely upon starting
    Srf - wanted to see him more this year in pen. Seemed to be a good fit. Mlb pen
    Murphy- bp shuttle piece
    Zeuch- same
    Hatch- aaa rotation
    Hector Perez - bp shuttle piece
    Stribling
    5th starter / swingman

I see 2 sp acquired to go with ryu and Pearson. Stribling piggyback in 5th spot. Iím glad mlb is coming around with sp/rp usage. Now both at 50 pct of innings pitched. I like the jays options over many teams in this regard due to the pitching options we have. Many arenít good enough to be traditional starters but I feel can be excellent for 2 in out of the pen. Time to foster this creativity into a plan as these guys are borderline sp 5-6ip options playing 2 ip.
    Formulate a plan in regards to how many appearances per week ( say 2 2ip each). Utilize the aaa options into this as well to have one big 31-33 roster (depending on 2021 roster size)
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

5th starter / swingman

I see 2 sp acquired to go with ryu and Pearson. Stribling piggyback in 5th spot. Iím glad mlb is coming around with sp/rp usage. Now both at 50 pct of innings pitched. I like the jays options over many teams in this regard due to the pitching options we have. Many arenít good enough to be traditional starters but I feel can be excellent for 2 in out of the pen. Time to foster this creativity into a plan as these guys are borderline sp 5-6ip options playing 2 ip.
    Formulate a plan in regards to how many appearances per week ( say 2 2ip each). Utilize the aaa options into this as well to have one big 31-33 roster (depending on 2021 roster size)
    Agree, might do 4th/5th/swingman but that's about it. I didn't think it was significant enough to post those details but you did a nice job.

Gurriel up for a gold glove.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Nice. Must run in the family, his brother is nominated for 1B

https://www.mlb.com/news/lourdes-gur...ay-of-the-week

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Nope. If we got an offer for a true #1 starter, I'd trade Vladdy in a minute.
    I wouldnít.
    Iíd consider trading vlad in a package for trout, and thatís about it.

If we can land 2 legit stud sp without trading off the mlb roster, I think we will make the playoffs
    Would that involve signing Bauer + trading for another ace with control? Good luck doing that without subtracting from the ML club.

If they pulled off the impossible then I would be looking at the playoffs too though. I just donít think thatís possible. And if they add 2 aces then they need to also repair CF.

When this team is ready, SP will want to play here.

Iíd put less than a 1% chance we land Bauer, so I think the idea of adding 2 high impact starters flys out the window, and weíre back to the plan of building for 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Hence me being confused with people wanting to trade him to improve our OF defence. Gurriel is good to go in LF along with his bat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    When this team is ready, SP will want to play here.

Iíd put less than a 1% chance we land Bauer, so I think the idea of adding 2 high impact starters flys out the window, and weíre back to the plan of building for 2023.
    The only way is through trades but that will weaken the farm and / or the mlb team so not sure if that's a good idea. Any true impact SP and we will need to send at least one of Grosh, SWR or Martin +. I would sell high on Grosh and SWR right now. Atkins hasn't proved he can pull off a trade like this so it's unlikely, plus he also needs a willing partner

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Hence me being confused with people wanting to trade him to improve our OF defence. Gurriel is good to go in LF along with his bat.
    I believe that was under the premise we got a good defensive C (with a good bat) and then move Grichuk/Teoscar to the corner.

I wouldnít.
    Iíd consider trading vlad in a package for trout, and thatís about it.
    Lol I would be selective but the candidate pool is a little bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lol I would be selective but the candidate pool is a little bigger than that.
    Pretty damn thin though unless weíre talking about other players in the same category. Jimenez type 5 tool Generational MLB players with 5 years of control left.
    No pitchers - too volatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I believe that was under the premise we got a good defensive C (with a good bat) and then move Grichuk/Teoscar to the corner.
    Which also makes no sense to me. Neither Gurriel nor Teoscar should be traded. If you can find a taker for Grich then that's great but I won't hold my breath. It's not like we HAVE to make a move with our current OF.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Which also makes no sense to me. Neither Gurriel nor Teoscar should be traded. If you can find a taker for Grich then that's great but I won't hold my breath. It's not like we HAVE to make a move with our current OF.
    Imo depends on the return for teo. Heís not untouchable imo. He could have been if he showed a bit more plate patience, and he still could... but at this point I worry his numbers last season werenít sustainable. Maybe someone can show me some numbers and prove me wrong though. Iím open to evidence.

I agree that nothing NEEDS to be done to the OF right now, but you do need CF defence to compete in the playoffs. When itís time to go for it - they will need to address that need.
    Especially if they go and add the 2 stud starters this team needs... you better fix CF.

I think its one of those having a lot of great pieces but bad fit sort of deal.

It would work as well if we traded Vlad or Rowdy. Opens up DH for Teoscar, move Grichuk to RF and get a good CF.

But it looks like we have an OF defense problem and need starting pitching. The same suggestion of Vlad for an ace is the same concept as Teoscar for an ace IMO.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 10-23-2020 at 12:50 PM.