Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 189 of 239 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3575
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    There is not one reliable pitcher from your list outside Anderson and Strippling and they aren't very good

The impact pitching on the market is Bauer and then a bunch of what I call Tier 2 guys and that group includes Ray, Walker and Shomaker. Below is a list sorted by Projected WAR. (add Stroman to that list but he ain't coming here). So either they resign Ray, Walker and Shoe or go out and make a significant trade to get an impact starter.

Tanaka + Ryu would sell some tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    There is not one reliable pitcher from your list outside Anderson and Strippling and they aren't very good

The impact pitching on the market is Bauer and then a bunch of what I call Tier 2 guys and that group includes Ray, Walker and Shomaker. Below is a list sorted by Projected WAR. (add Stroman to that list but he ain't coming here). So either they resign Ray, Walker and Shoe or go out and make a significant trade to get an impact starter.

for sure. I'd be down to bring in Tanaka

I know he's shaky in the playoffs but I woulda kept Kershaw in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I know he's shaky in the playoffs but I woulda kept Kershaw in.
    Load management. Probably setting him up so he is fresh for his next start

Ah yes that's probably why. Probably starts game 5 and then pitches relief for game 7 if needed.

Ah yes that's probably why. Probably starts game 5 and then pitches relief for game 7 if needed.
    That's what I immediately thought of as well then remembered what happened last season:

Oct. 9, 2019 - Dave Roberts brings Kershaw on in relief to get one out to end the seventh inning, which Kershaw does. Roberts chose to bring Kershaw back on for the eighth against the heart of Washington's order, though, and it backfired. Anthony Rendon and Juan Soto both homered to tie the game in an eventual Nationals win.

What is everyone's thoughts on this Vlad 3B stuff I been seeing the past month.

I don't mind if he plays 3B every once in a while (10-15 games a year) when other guys need to DH but we still want both Vlad and Rowdy in the lineup, but only if he's actually a good 1B. No point in playing him 3B when he also sucks as a 1B. It's tough to play him 3B when everyone else is so **** defensively though.

I don't mind if he plays 3B every once in a while (10-15 games a year) when other guys need to DH but we still want both Vlad and Rowdy in the lineup, but only if he's actually a good 1B. No point in playing him 3B when he also sucks as a 1B. It's tough to play him 3B when everyone else is so **** defensively though.
    All I am seeing of vlad since the jays got bounced in the play-in round is him working out and sweating. I hope he got the message. If he looks good next season then I think they’ll try him at 3rd.

Keep him warm in case they really need him at 3B, but just settle him at 1B like we did with EE and let him get comfortable.

The Lost Boys of PSD

It didn't help that he wasn't in the best shape but they shouldn't have surprised him playing at 1B this year. Should have told him well early during the offseason given he was bad at 3B.

Make him the closer. lol

I think it was ridiculous what they did just a few weeks before the season started, and still he took it in stride. People don't realize how difficult it is to move across the diamond especially in a position where you handle the ball probably 10+ times a game.

Atkins said he'd like to have him at 3B. At this point just make a decision and stick with it.

He sucks at 1B. 3B shouldn't even be in the conversation. We saw videos of him working out last season too and he still showed up fat. If they want to trade him then yes, try him at 3B. If the plan is to use him and win then just make him the DH already with maybe 20-30 games at 1B a year. He's terrible in the field and there's no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    He sucks at 1B. 3B shouldn't even be in the conversation. We saw videos of him working out last season too and he still showed up fat. If they want to trade him then yes, try him at 3B. If the plan is to use him and win then just make him the DH already with maybe 20-30 games at 1B a year. He's terrible in the field and there's no way around it.
    It’s so hard to get a feel for where this FO feels we are in the rebuild.
    If they’re on the reed page and think this team is ready to go for it (after 2017 where they thought the team was good enough... you never know) then yeah make him DH.

If they’re in touch with reality, then they should give vlad another chance at 3b. See if he can get his **** together. The kid is 22. I’m not ready to say “he will never be a passable fielder”.

If they’re on the reed page and think this team is ready to go for it (after 2017 where they thought the team was good enough... you never know) then yeah make him DH.

If they’re in touch with reality, then they should give vlad another chance at 3b. See if he can get his **** together. The kid is 22. I’m not ready to say “he will never be a passable fielder”.
    Do you watch him field ground balls? He doesn't squat, he bends over. He also doesn't scoop the ball into his body fast at all. If you're making a throw from 3B you need to suck the ball up like a vacuum cleaner. Vlad's fielding mechanics are god awful. Yeah, he has a strong arm but everything else sucks. Couple all that with him being slow as a snail and it should be a no-brainer.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Now is the time. When those kids start arb and second contracts, we’re going to lose a lot of financial flexibility. You need to strike early while the kids are cheap. Look at the Leafs. They waited, added Tavares at the wrong time and are now hamstrung by finances. But at least in their case their finances are only because the league limits their spending.