Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 470 of 533 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 7990
    Does anyone here believe this is not purely a move to protect Atkins when **** hits the fan sometime in the near future, when the time comes Schneider will be fired and Mattingly moves in, won't miss a step.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Does anyone here believe this is not purely a move to protect Atkins when **** hits the fan sometime in the near future, when the time comes Schneider will be fired and Mattingly moves in, won't miss a step.
    I don't think that's how it works. They needed a bench coach and filled the role.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

To further add to my point, if this team disappoints to the extent that Schneider needs to be replaced then Atkins is already looking for a job. And let's be real, it's not like Atkins has a history of hiring failed managers as bench coaches merely for being security for when he fires the coach.

The more realistic explanation is that Mattingly wanted a job managing again and Toronto is a good team with a young core. If the team succeeds then he jumps close to the front of the line

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

My first thought is simply that the organization values his managing experience and thinks he could help Schneider who will starting his first season as manager. It is more about setting Schneider up to succeed rather than preparing for the event in which he fails

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    My first thought is simply that the organization values his managing experience and thinks he could help Schneider who will starting his first season as manager. It is more about setting Schneider up to succeed rather than preparing for the event in which he fails
    In theory.

side note...

... if anyone thinks Mattingly is going to straighten the dugout out should check the Jazz Chisholm home run celebrations. Nothing we have comes close. He does a shuffle, a euro step, a layup while going a round the bases....then there's the steering wheel motion and arm wave. He's energetic and the Marlins and Mattingly allowed, he wasn't disrespecting the game, just having fun.

In theory.

side note...

... if anyone thinks Mattingly is going to straighten the dugout out should check the Jazz Chisholm home run celebrations. Nothing we have comes close. He does a shuffle, a euro step, a layup while going a round the bases....then there's the steering wheel motion and arm wave. He's energetic and the Marlins and Mattingly allowed, he wasn't disrespecting the game, just having fun.
    I donít really care about that stuff personally. A lot of opinions around it is just perception that people like to write narratives around. Not sure La Russaís no fun culture did much for the Sox. But using his experience to help Schneider and players can help. Nothing earth shattering, but he has enough of a track record where it is hard to see him hurting the clubhouse.

I love that ****. Remember the 2015 stir the pot thing?

Edwins wang was weird. Loved it, but never understood it.

^ there ya go Reed. For your signature haha

Jesus Sanchez is a name being kicked around now. Left handed bat that plays CF.

Fair trade via trade values would be

Pablo lopez 5.6m 2 years remaining
    Sanchez 5 years remaining steamer projects 751 ops over 67g (last year chapman was 757 for comparison)

For

Kirk
    Daughty/toman/espinal

Who would do that? I think I would for daughty/toman if we could get rodon to sign.

But in that scenario both Kikuchi and white would be
    In bp rather than one so someone would have to go so Iíd rather peddle a collection of lesser parts in than the prospects above like merryweather (wonít make the team and has no options remaining, richards (clears 1.5m and is replaced by rp options like pop/Zulu/pearson/etc) and Leo Jimenez type of prospect.
    Last edited by wamco; 12-02-2022 at 08:46 AM.

I think they are ok with going over a bit on CBT. Last year had they signed freeman at end of offseason as they supposedly tried to do, that would put them 5m over the CBT for
    This season without making any moves. They wouldnít make that move just to be forced to shed salary the next season with where we are at in the competitive window.
    Plus while ryu insuance money will come on the books after the season ends, it still is coming onto the books. Even if they get like 15m back out of the 20, thatís a good get in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Fair trade via trade values would be

Pablo lopez 5.6m 2 years remaining
    Sanchez 5 years remaining steamer projects 751 ops over 67g (last year chapman was 757 for comparison)

For

Kirk
    Daughty/toman/espinal

Who would do that? I think I would for daughty/toman if we could get rodon to sign.

But in that scenario both Kikuchi and white would be
    In bp rather than one so someone would have to go so Iíd rather peddle a collection of lesser parts in than the prospects above like merryweather (wonít make the team and has no options remaining, richards (clears 1.5m and is replaced by rp options like pop/Zulu/pearson/etc) and Leo Jimenez type of prospect.
    I would do that. Sanchez has loads of untapped potential. Iím with you on the parts going the other way. I think we need to keep Espinal.

No more Pat Tabler. Leaving Sportsnet. With Shulman no longer doing baseball for ESPN, I am guessing we'll get more of him. I have no ill will towards Tabler, but much prefer the other options.

Some activity today.

Jesse Winker and Abraham Toro for Kolten Wong.
    Red Sox landed one of the better relievers on the market in Chris Martin. 2 years, 17.5 million.

Zach Eflin to the Rays yesterday. 3 years, 40 million (apparently their largest FA contract ever).
    Last edited by pebloemer; 12-02-2022 at 05:26 PM.

We are in big trouble

per Passan

Right-handed reliever Chris Martin and the Boston Red Sox are in agreement on a two-year, $17.5 million contract, pending physical, sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN. Martin, 36, was magnificent for the Dodgers after a deadline trade and parlayed it into a multiyear deal.

Martin was on my shortlist of mid to high leverage relievers to target, hard to believe he can repeat his 2022 but these rp's are in high demand