Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,156 to 1,162 of 1162
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Agreed. They need to woo someone early. It's going to need to be an overpay too. I'd prefer Keuchel but it's looking like they want Ryu. It was also reported that MadBum wants 5 years and 9 figures. If you're going to overpay then that's the guy I'd overpay for.
    Iím thinking keuchel is going to hold out for another 20mil AAV contract again. I would give it to him but not for more than 3 years.

The MadBum 9figures thing peaked my interest too. Itís like heís trying to bait the jays into making an offer lol. Give him 4/25 - hopefully heís good for 3 of those years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I too didnít mind the stroman trade, and the only reason I didnít like the Sanchez trade was because it was selling low (not like we have better options that could have more value than if he bounced back).

Might take 3 years to land ryu, but I think they should do it. I think he would look really good with an opener and that way you can limit his innings while still letting him pitch into the 6th.
    Looking at the Sanchez deal now. Would we have non-tendered him too? Did they actually get it right and get something for a guy that was going to be cut loose for nothing anyhow? Have to at least wonder about that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Looking at the Sanchez deal now. Would we have non-tendered him too? Did they actually get it right and get something for a guy that was going to be cut loose for nothing anyhow? Have to at least wonder about that angle.
    For sure and I go between the 2 opinions in my mind. The X factor is if he would have gone to the BP this upcoming season after a full year of being a **** starter (you hope it would eventually humble him). I really want to see him in a BP again.

It just gets tiring watching your FO sell low for non specs.
    Never know though, maybe fisher comes out flying, claims the CF spot and catches the ball before it hits his head. Nothing would make me happier.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...ew-aggressive/

Davidi with a tough article on Ross and management.

Omg man...
    Iíve acknowledged all of this.
    My conclusion is that you are drawing lines where there are none.
    You seriously think Bo would have signed with the jays over the HPD gimmick if we had a **** history of drafting and developing? Thatís pretty much what youíre saying (to death) here: the only reason Bo wanted to be a jay is because of this thing that has only just been put in place, and had no track record of providing any Real tangible difference in player performance.

Whereís the quote where Bo says the reason he signed was the HPD? I still donít see it, just assumptions.

My opinion is still that your stance on this is ridiculous and I disagree.
    I also still think this argument isnít worth my time because in the entire time you and I have been posting here - I have never seen you change your mind when you have your feet dug in the dirt like you have had all offseason.

Seriously Reed? I clog the forum?...

Hereís the 2 things that you thought you ďownedĒ me on lol:
    1) That if we picked Pearson instead of warmoth and retained talent, we could have the same farm + dosh and enc on the roster.
    2) that Bo wanted to sign with the jays because of the reputation the farm had built up for the last 6 years.

Unless you have some type of quote that says that Bo signed only because of the HPD and not because of the farms reputation, or a quote where Atkins says they would never consider picking Pearson at 24 and would only consider him at 27th... then there is not even a bit of ďowningĒ.

Itís just a lot of you acting like your opinion is worth more than mine and it isnít.
    You haven't acknowledged any of it. I know people are sick of reading this garbage but I'm sick of hearing you spew the same false talking points over and over again. This all stems back to our great/middling farm argument. You refuse to credit Atkins with Bo and do everything you can to tie him to AA. If you claim to have acknowledged my posts with loads of evidence going against your argument then tell me, who drafted Bichette and who is responsible for the player development system he was impressed by?

The reason I haven't changed my mind on this is because you've presented no evidence or arguments worthy of making me change my mind. When I go on to provide loads of evidence you refuse to read it. If you actually had some sort of evidence saying that AA was here and hired Gil Kim then maybe, but you don't. The problem is that your ego can't take being wrong so you start to play victim or call me a white knight as opposed to defending your actual argument. The quotes have been posted, if you actually read the post then you'd have seen it. All you've done in response to my factual evidence is call me a white knight, say you have *****es to **** and laugh instead of actually responding. For someone who knows nothing you sure love to pretend you know a lot.

Pearson again, oh boy. You can believe what you want on that one as it was a hypothetical situation. You choose to take what never happened over what did so be it. With the Bichette situation nothing is hypothetical as there are quotes from him that I've posted which you've avoided reading. If you'd like to read them you're more than welcome to comb back a few pages to find them. I don't expect you to considering you don't read posts with evidence that goes against your claims. This is probably why you usually discuss hypothetical scenarios.

I know you won't be reading any of the actual posts. Just please don't bring up your silly link between AA and Bichette in the future. I'm going to mute you for a bit so I can go back to enjoying my team and discussing baseball with people who will actually discuss the Jays instead of spew nonsense then cry when it gets challenged and beaten.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; Today at 06:52 AM.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I'd say more than likely. The shoulder injury isn't supposed to keep him out for too long to start the season and he doesn't want to go to the BP. I think this off-season of him being non-tendered will be an eye opener though. His only chance of making it is out of the BP now.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Lots of talk about potential 1B/DH types. In order I hope theyíre going Tsutsugo, Edwin and Shaw. As great as a reunion with Edwin would be Iíd prefer Tsutsugo. His numbers in the Japanese league look similar to Hideki Matsuiís minus a bit from the walks and power.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778