Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Keuchel - 3/50
    Pineda - 2/25
    Roark - 3/29
    Castenellos 4/70

Would add 46.5 to the payroll
    Keuchel, Ryu/Wood, Castellanos and Treinen. Thatís my updated off-season wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Yep impossible. Posted about this before we are 9 players away. 1 stud outfielder, 1 good 1B, 2/3 fireball relief pitchers, 3 very good starters and a stud DH. That is to complement what we current have now.
    But they're really heavily invested in acquiring good pitching this offseason. They just said they even touched based with FA's that are off the board.

Have faith and believe what they tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I speak out when people hate for the sake of hating. Itís been 3 years of this garbage and itís gotten annoying tbh.

I also speak out when I disagree with whatís being said. Itís not that I defend everything they do, itís just that you say a lot of dumb things and then get mad when you have to back up your words.
    No one is hating for the sake of hating. It's just a point of view from that fan. Just like your defending your point of view others feel the need to defend theirs.

If it's annoying I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    But they're really heavily invested in acquiring good pitching this offseason. They just said they even touched based with FA's that are off the board.

I get that Atkins is very good at using a lot of words to say nothing and is a terrible public speaker but he can't really say much else. Wheeler obviously had his sights set on Philadelphia and wasnt going to consider signing here. I think (or hope) he understands that he is probably going to have to overpay to get a good pitcher to come here.

There's still plenty of viable options out there but if he better not only addresses the rotation with BS options because he didn't want to overlay for someone

No one is hating for the sake of hating. It's just a point of view from that fan. Just like your defending your point of view others feel the need to defend theirs.

If it's annoying I don't know what to tell you.
    Well when the same taking points get re-hashed over and over (bad trades etc) only to have no rebuttal when theyíre opposed then yeah, it does seem like hating for the sake of hating. Iíve yet to hear anyone give examples of bad trades Atkins has made outside of the obvious one. People just keep repeating that he doesnít know how to deal or makes bad ones.

Edit: The Happ trade is the only other one thatís been met with actual debate. Yes that was a bad trade but there clearly isnít a big market for aging rental pitchers anymore. As the Vargas trade confirmed this TDL.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 12-05-2019 at 11:19 AM.

I get that Atkins is very good at using a lot of words to say nothing and is a terrible public speaker but he can't really say much else. Wheeler obviously had his sights set on Philadelphia and wasnt going to consider signing here. I think (or hope) he understands that he is probably going to have to overpay to get a good pitcher to come here.

There's still plenty of viable options out there but if he better not only addresses the rotation with BS options because he didn't want to overlay for someone
    I think Keuchel will be the best option for the overpay because he could probably be had on a 3 or 4 year deal. I agree that heíll have to overpay though. I just hope itís on a Keuchel, Ryu, Wood or Teheran type and not a Pineda or Roark type.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    He was a beast but injuries and reduced velo cost him big time. Closers are fickle.
    Good comeback of year candidate.

Too much money for Wheeler. Jay's too far away.

Sign Jimmy Nelson. Guy was top-10 in Cy Young voting the year he got injured, missed all of 2018 and then only got in 22IP last year. He would be cheap and a low risk high reward guy. The strikeouts are there. Just needs to get his control back.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Keuchel - 3/50
    Pineda - 2/25
    Roark - 3/29
    Castenellos 4/70

Would add 46.5 to the payroll
    At least we would hopefully get 1 long term piece that would be around when this team is ready to win (castenellos).

Iíd rather take all that pitcher money and sign Cole.

Atkins has been far more transparent than AA ever was.
    Then heís just a moron. I HOPE he has been lying because the alternative is much worse.

Would it have made sense for Atkins to go out and sign any big name FAs in 2018 when the team finally had some cap room but only had aging vets on the team?
    Yes.

Whew! What a relief!

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    At least we would hopefully get 1 long term piece that would be around when this team is ready to win (castenellos).

Iíd rather take all that pitcher money and sign Cole.
    Cole's contract would be more than the 104 million combined there . The AAV might be similar, but term will be very long and possibly totaling up to 300 million. I'm guessing Jays would need to overpay to land him based on our history in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Cole's contract would be more than the 104 million combined there . The AAV might be similar, but term will be very long and possibly totaling up to 300 million. I'm guessing Jays would need to overpay to land him based on our history in free agency.
    Yeah I was talking AAV.

Yes.
    Actually my bad on this post. They still didn't have much money to spend going into 2018 as they were still around 170 mil with most of it on underperforming vets.. Money was only really freed up going into this year.
    Facts can be hypothetical.