Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 148 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    But did you want to pay a middle rotation guy that much plus the compensation? I'm okay with this. If he's the final piece to the puzzle, then sure overpay, but not yet.
    That's the thing, he didn't. He wanted to pay him 88 mil over 4 years yet then takes a shot for the Jays not giving him more money and term? It's just weird to me. Just seems like the guy wants to hate for the sake of hating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    like I care? Your too much man. I threw a number out, I was wrong and I won't be able to sleep tonight. Whatever your number was it is the correct answer.
    It's more so that you took the jab at the Jays being in on him yet you expected him to sign for much lower. If the Jays signed him for 5 years at 120+ mil would you have been happy?

But did you want to pay a middle rotation guy that much plus the compensation? I'm okay with this. If he's the final piece to the puzzle, then sure overpay, but not yet.
    As I stated before...as part of an overall plan to get this team winning again yes. it's the only way. At this rate Shoemaker with arbitration ruled contract in hand will be our opening day starter.

and there could be something about Wheeler that he's not a mid rotation pitcher anymore. He made some changes last season - his velo and movement are both up

As I stated before...as part of an overall plan to get this team winning again yes. it's the only way. At this rate Shoemaker with arbitration ruled contract in hand will be our opening day starter.

and there could be something about Wheeler that he's not a mid rotation pitcher anymore. He made some changes last season - his velo and movement are both up
    Maybe, but I just don't feel like he's going to get better coming to our division and if I'm going to take that kind of risk, I don't want it for that much money/term. I'd be just as okay with Keuchel and/or Ryu for less money/term. But I will be very frustrated if Anderson is the big prize this off season.

Maybe, but I just don't feel like he's going to get better coming to our division and if I'm going to take that kind of risk, I don't want it for that much money/term. I'd be just as okay with Keuchel and/or Ryu for less money/term. But I will be very frustrated if Anderson is the big prize this off season.
    That is fair enough but it is trending that way. Bundy just signed with the Angels. So really only Ryu and Keuchel are left maybe Pineda but after that it has to be done via trades

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It's more so that you took the jab at the Jays being in on him yet you expected him to sign for much lower. If the Jays signed him for 5 years at 120+ mil would you have been happy?
    A well deserved jab. "...as aggressive as any team.."

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...838287881?s=20

So what's up? Why won't players sign here? or is JM and his sources lying?

A well deserved jab. "...as aggressive as any team.."

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...838287881?s=20

So what's up? Why won't players sign here? or is JM and his sources lying?
    The thing I like about you most is that whenever I ask you a simple and direct question you tip toe around having to answer it. Your level of hatred for the FO is beyond petty at this point. You've proven you just want to **** on whatever they do even if it goes against what you originally wanted. It's also funny how you get so defensive every time I ask you a simple question.

https://bluejaysnation.com/2019/04/2...ays-clubhouse/

Old article but kind of interesting considering Donaldson's comments today about the Jays "not wanting him back". No guarantee it was Donaldson as the ring leader but it would make a lot of sense considering the team had a load of rookies just enter the league.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 12-04-2019 at 06:24 PM.

The thing I like about you most is that whenever I ask you a simple and direct question you tip toe around having to answer it. Your level of hatred for the FO is beyond petty at this point. You've proven you just want to **** on whatever they do even if it goes against what you originally wanted. It's also funny how you get so defensive every time I ask you a simple question.
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...8#post33280908

Didn't see that, my bad. It just makes your jab way less understandable now.

As for your question. I don't think Morosi is lying. I just think it's much easier to lure a pitcher in his prime to a ball club on the cusp of making the post season than it is to lure him to a club that's in a rebuild. Apparently his wife is from close by which was a big reason for him signing there?

I just don't understand your jab at the Jays being "in" on him. What makes you think they weren't? The White Sox apparently even offered more than 5 years and 118 million. I'd bet my bottom dollar the Jays were in on him. Considering he turned down even more money than what he signed for I can only imagine the minimum the Jays would've had to offer was 5 years 130 million. Probably more though. That's a contract I wouldn't be a fan of.

If history tells us anything, the Jays are frequently used as leverage.
    Because every team in the league knows we have to spend more for the same players.

They should be more aggressive than any team.

Jays were pursuing Wheeler.

Wish I could upvote this.

Would've been nice to get Wheeler. I'm curious to know what the actual number was. I'm still holding out hope for Keuchel and/or Wood.
    I thought wood was taken? Maybe Iím confusing him with Gibson.

So Wheeler signed for 5 years 118 mil and apparently the White Sox offered him even more than that. So much for that 4 year 88 million dollar deal eh hanton?
    He wasnít that far off on the AAV.