Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 152 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    A bunch of rumors about the jays being in on guys came out around the same time. Iím worried itís a PR thing. Iíll celebrate when I see it.
    Agreed. Would gladly be proven wrong, but I really would be shocked to see Ross and Shap open up the purse for middle to upper rotation pitchers. Especially at this point of the rebuild.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Wheeler is the guy I was hoping they would stay away from, so I am glad to hear we aren't one of the top bidders for his services. I don't see him worth the money he will be demanding in this FA crop. I would MUCH rather sign Ryu and/or Keuchel. Not only am I more confident in their ability to do well in the AL, but they need left handed starters in a bad way. They also can come in and mentor Kay and Borucki.(....who are literally the only 2 left handed SP's of any value they have in their system.)
    Most FA contracts are overpays. Wheeler is intriguing though as he's not seen as a a true front line starter. However, he increased his velocity last season - he's made some changes, found his formula and it works. Could be the next Charlie Morton (?)

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

That's two more starters off the market today......(Hamels signed in ATL for 1 year).

Still holding out hope for at least one of Ryu/Keuchel.....but not holding my breathe..

I wonder just how bad Boston wants to move David Price? He had left wrist issues last year, so he may be due for a bounce back. Even with his decreased velo he still posted a FIP of 3.62 with 128 K's over his 107 IP.

He only threw more than 6 innings once in 22 starts, so I don't think he is ever going to throw 200 innings again, but he should be able to still give them ~180 quality innings. He's 34 and still owed almost 100M, so I don't think it should take much in the way of prospects to take him off their books.

Can you imagine if they go out and get David Price (..and also Edwin to DH) after letting them both get away?..................I can, and I would love seeing them both back in a Jays uni to help lead these kids over the next couple years.

Jays were pursuing Wheeler.

Would've been nice to get Wheeler. I'm curious to know what the actual number was. I'm still holding out hope for Keuchel and/or Wood.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

So Wheeler signed for 5 years 118 mil and apparently the White Sox offered him even more than that. So much for that 4 year 88 million dollar deal eh hanton?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So Wheeler signed for 5 years 118 mil and apparently the White Sox offered him even more than that. So much for that 4 year 88 million dollar deal eh hanton?
    lol don't pretend you thought he was getting close to $120 million.

MLBTR had predicted him at 5year-$100mil.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    lol don't pretend you thought he was getting close to $120 million.

MLBTR had predicted him at 5year-$100mil.
    I said the max I'd go is 120 so yeah, I'm not pretending.

lol ok man

...and if it matters that much to you my AAV was 22, Wheeler got 23.6 so ....

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    ...and if it matters that much to you my AAV was 22, Wheeler got 23.6 so ....
    Your average was 22 mil over 4 years which equals 88. When a 5th year gets added it usually makes sense that the average would go down considering there's the extra year. It's all good though. I just like seeing the people that are most critical come up with projections that aren't even close to what players actually sign for. Meanwhile I was basically on the money...

Your average was 22 mil over 4 years which equals 88. When a 5th year gets added it usually makes sense that the average would go down considering there's the extra year. It's all good though. I just like seeing the people that are most critical come up with projections that aren't even close to what players actually sign for. Meanwhile I was basically on the money...
    like I care? Your too much man. I threw a number out, I was wrong and I won't be able to sleep tonight. Whatever your number was it is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Jays were pursuing Wheeler.

But did you want to pay a middle rotation guy that much plus the compensation? I'm okay with this. If he's the final piece to the puzzle, then sure overpay, but not yet.