Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 150 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Damn the loss of Sanders is a big blow

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Whatís Wheelerís 3pt range like?
    Not even gonna fix it. You can tell where my brain is .

Protected Drury over Law. I prefer Law

Shoemaker headed to arbitration

Didi was in town - apparently just hanging around. Sign him!!!

Read a Rosenthal rumour that the Mets could move Familia or Lowrie to clear payroll. Iíd take either if all it will take is a nothing low level spec and have to eat the salary.

The Cubs seem to be looking to move anyone too. Iíd ask on Schwarber.
    Last edited by statquo; 12-04-2019 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Happy to see Raptors are pursuing Wheeler. They need to use free agency to get better now. I'm not in favour of trading the youth, but the big league team needs support. And not "work around the edges" support. Wheeler is a good target.
    A bunch of rumors about the jays being in on guys came out around the same time. Iím worried itís a PR thing. Iíll celebrate when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Read a Rosenthal rumour that the Mets could move Familia or Lowrie to clear payroll. Iíd take either if all it will take is a nothing low level spec and have to eat the salary.

The Cubs seem to be looking to move anyone too. Iíd ask on Schwarber.
    I heard they would be willing to move Dominic Smith in order to move a bigger contract. Smith is young, but blocked by Alonzo. We could have a really good young infield with Vlad, Biggio, Bo and Smith. Familia could be a reclamation project to flip at the deadline.

cron/Thames cheap platoon
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    A bunch of rumors about the jays being in on guys came out around the same time. Iím worried itís a PR thing. Iíll celebrate when I see it.
    If history tells us anything, the Jays are frequently used as leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'd take a look at Treinen and Gausman. Shaw and Hernandez would be better bench options then Drury who should have been cut
    Treinen a year ago had 38 saves with a wicked sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Treinen a year ago had 38 saves with a wicked sinker.
    He was a beast but injuries and reduced velo cost him big time. Closers are fickle.

...latest on Wheeler

according to Rosenthal -just posted - a deal could get done soon. Reds, Phillies, White Sox

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    ...latest on Wheeler

according to Rosenthal -just posted - a deal could get done soon. Reds, Phillies, White Sox
    Those are the 3 teams heaviest involved supposedly. Rosenthal is confident a deal gets done before the weekend.

Travis Shaw is another guy Iíd take a flyer on. Horrible year last year but if he bounces back then we could potentially have 30HRs and a 800+OPS at 1B.

The Blue Jays are ďas aggressive as any teamĒ in pursuit of open-market starters, per MLB.comís Jon Morosi (via Twitter). Itís anyoneís guess just how to interpret that characterization. The Toronto faithful are by now a bit jaded at such assurances, having grown frustrated with a string of losing seasons and minimal investment in the MLB roster. Perhaps this is all part of the setup for explaining that the club just couldnít quite get a deal done despite its best efforts. Then again, thereís plenty of reason to think the Jays can and should be prepared to re-enter the fray in a big way. The club has cleaned up its future balance sheets and graduated many of its best prospects to the majors. Perhaps the Toronto front office will end up making significant rotation improvements over the course of the winter.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...uber-jays.html

JP hanging out here with us?

Wheeler is the guy I was hoping they would stay away from, so I am glad to hear we aren't one of the top bidders for his services. I don't see him worth the money he will be demanding in this FA crop. I would MUCH rather sign Ryu and/or Keuchel. Not only am I more confident in their ability to do well in the AL, but they need left handed starters in a bad way. They also can come in and mentor Kay and Borucki.(....who are literally the only 2 left handed SP's of any value they have in their system.)