Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 150 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Brett Gardner

Randal Grichuk
    Kevin Pillar
    Teoscar Hernandez
    I’d put Teoscar before Pillar considering Pillar is due to make around 10 mil.

Our amateur scouting director Steve Sanders left to join Cherington in Pittsburgh. Those are two big holes in our front office.

His first draft, 2017, yielded Nate Pearson, now arguably the top pitching prospect in baseball. While 2017 first rounder Logan Warmoth has not lived up to expectations, third-round catcher Riley Adams has showed promise as a pro.

The 2018 draft yielded Jordan Groshans, who seemed poised for a breakout 2019 season before a left foot injury sidelined him, along with second rounder Griffin Conine and third rounder Adam Kloffenstein. More recently, Sanders’ 2019 draft produced Alek Manoah, Kendall Williams and Dasan Brown, among others
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...crucial-draft/

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I’d put Teoscar before Pillar considering Pillar is due to make around 10 mil.
    That's fair. I just don't want Teoscar near the OF for next year. I would probably out Alford ahead of him as well

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Our amateur scouting director Steve Sanders left to join Cherington in Pittsburgh. Those are two big holes in our front office.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...crucial-draft/
    It is two big holes but it should be seen as an accomplishment. Good FO's get poached. It's up to Shapiro and Atkins to fill those vacancies with capable people

It is two big holes but it should be seen as an accomplishment. Good FO's get poached. It's up to Shapiro and Atkins to fill those vacancies with capable people
    The way some people talk around here you’d think the last few drafts were terrible. I have no idea why guys like Cherrington and Sanders would be sought after by other clubs when they have no idea how to draft.

That's fair. I just don't want Teoscar near the OF for next year. I would probably out Alford ahead of him as well
    Guh, I really wished they capitalized on moving him when he still had value. I agree with Teoscar but would have no issue with him as a 4th OF though.

Guh, I really wished they capitalized on moving him when he still had value. I agree with Teoscar but would have no issue with him as a 4th OF though.
    I really think LGjr should be in RF with that arm. The only thing stopping it is that grinch contract.

With LGjr in RF I would be fine with teoscar in left.

The way some people talk around here you’d think the last few drafts were terrible. I have no idea why guys like Cherrington and Sanders would be sought after by other clubs when they have no idea how to draft.
    I haven’t seen anyone say that. They also haven’t been the best drafts of all time like some here would lead others to believe.

Certainly not good enough to build an ALE contender without major trades and top FA signings.
    Aka not the type of drafts that will dig us out of this hole all on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I haven’t seen anyone say that. They also haven’t been the best drafts of all time like some here would lead others to believe.

Certainly not good enough to build an ALE contender without major trades and top FA signings.
    Aka not the type of drafts that will dig us out of this hole all on their own.
    Back to the whole "you can't build a contender just through drafting and IFA" point again eh? You know I've never once disagreed with you on that. You just like to bring that up any time I talk about how Atkins has been great at drafting and building a farm just so you don't have to acknowledge it. Kind of like how you just did lol
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I really think LGjr should be in RF with that arm. The only thing stopping it is that grinch contract.

With LGjr in RF I would be fine with teoscar in left.
    With LGJ I'm just happy he found a position where he actually excels. I wouldn't move him to RF but that's just me.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Happy to see Raptors are pursuing Wheeler. They need to use free agency to get better now. I'm not in favour of trading the youth, but the big league team needs support. And not "work around the edges" support. Wheeler is a good target.

Pillar prob closer to 5m

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Happy to see Raptors are pursuing Wheeler. They need to use free agency to get better now. I'm not in favour of trading the youth, but the big league team needs support. And not "work around the edges" support. Wheeler is a good target.
    What’s Wheeler’s 3pt range like?

A's sign Jake Diekman 2 years $7.5MM. I like

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    What’s Wheeler’s 3pt range like?
    It's ok but he has a weird pitch-y like motion

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...