Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 150 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Here’s my answer, again:

I think they did very little to develop LGjr. He was pretty much a finished product and played very little in the upper minors. He just needed to acclimate to the NA game/talent.

Brichette hasn’t adjusted anything since he was drafted. Same position defensively, same Herky jerky swing, same fire and energy. I give brichette the credit for being better than his older brother. I give Atkins credit for not ruining him, but I see brichette having the same success if he was in a different farm.

No one was getting in the way of vlads offensive development. No one can take credit for vlads generational bat other than vladjr and vladsr.
    The FO has focused their development on vlads defence and getting him to stick at 3b. Jury is still out on that.

Biggio and Pearson are your best arguments because they have turned into more than they started out as (Pearson more so).
    You saw that post I made above about the Pearson draft though right? If the development was so good the. Why did it only work on these 2 guys? Could it be that biggio always had an outstanding eye and solid D at 2b? Have they asked biggio to do anything differently that has made him into a beast? Or did he just keep doing what he does and he would have found the same success in a different farm? Same goes with Pearson.

Keep in mind that the Pearson draft (you know, the one where they almost walked away without any specs at all) was the first one without AA and his staff doing all of the scouting.
    I whole heartedly disagree with everything in this post. It's very rare to find a player that doesn't require lots of development after they're drafted or signed. If you truly believe that Bo Bichette is the same player he was when he was drafted then so be it. My favourite part is how nobody gets credit for Vladdy Jr's development besides him.

It's funny how you didn't quote the post though because I was talking about drafting and you not wanting to give credit to Atkins for drafting Bo and Biggio. Your response had no mention of drafting and only developing. I also brought up signing Gurriel but you made no mention of that and only went to development. If you think they had no hand in developing those players then so be it but I wasn't talking about that. I said you don't want to give Atkins credit for drafting Biggio and Bo along with signing Gurriel. Would you like to do so now?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Profar going to the Padres

Jays announced some minor league signings - nothing of note
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...ndy-burns.html

Lots of depth. Now let’s see some quality.

I'm curious to see what's done with Luke Maile by the tender deadline. If he's non-tendered then I think that puts the Jansen/McGuire trade rumours to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I would definitely try him as a Josh Hader type out of the BP. He just has to realize he's not gonna cut it as a starter or he'll be out of baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I would definitely try him as a Josh Hader type out of the BP. He just has to realize he's not gonna cut it as a starter or he'll be out of baseball
    It'll probably take a whole winter of nobody offering him a deal as a starter to realize his only way of making it is as a reliever. I'd definitely welcome him back with open arms if he came to terms with that.

Moose to the Reds. 4 years $64MM.

Jeff Passan tweeted

Toronto Blue Jays scouting director Steve Sanders is headed to Pittsburgh to join the front office of new Pirates general manager Ben Cherington, sources tell ESPN. Sanders has run the last three drafts for Toronto and worked with Cherington in helping rebuild their farm system.

Sucks about Moose but glad for him finally getting a nice multi year deal. 16M for 4y is probably a bit longer then I expected but he deserves it.

...some really good players being non-tendered

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    ...some really good players being non-tendered
    There’s definitely some talent there. But really most them have underperformed. Gotta find the gem lost in the shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Jeff Passan tweeted

Toronto Blue Jays scouting director Steve Sanders is headed to Pittsburgh to join the front office of new Pirates general manager Ben Cherington, sources tell ESPN. Sanders has run the last three drafts for Toronto and worked with Cherington in helping rebuild their farm system.
    That could be bad news. We’ll find out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    That could be bad news. We’ll find out for sure.
    He's getting a promotion so can't fault him for the move but yea need more details.

Aguilar and Villar to the Marlins. Would have liked both players