Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Another guy I would take a flyer on is Aguilar.
    That's exactly what the Rays did. Aguilar, Choi, Meadows and Glasnow - just to name a few. Rays know what they are doing though.

Villar and Profar both DFA'd. I know infield is not our biggest need but it's not everyday a 4 fWAR player becomes available via waivers

Iím in for both.

Ya I'll take either and DFA Drury.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Ya I'll take either and DFA Drury.
    If either get the bat seriously going then put them in left with LGjr in right.

I would say you go after Villar and stick in him at 2B, then move Biggio to the OF or over to 1B. A 4 WAR player who can steal 40+ bases and play SS or 2B....uhhhh..... yes please!...lol

Has anyone been able to figure out what the orioles were thinking? Itís one thing to not be able to find a trade partner, itís another thing to just cut him loose.

They have the salary room, they have the worst team in the league... I donít get it.

Is there a bunch of specs coming up that he is blocking?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Has anyone been able to figure out what the orioles were thinking? Itís one thing to not be able to find a trade partner, itís another thing to just cut him loose.

They have the salary room, they have the worst team in the league... I donít get it.

Is there a bunch of specs coming up that he is blocking?
    They're a terribly run organization is all I can come up with. They likely wouldn't even need to eat the whole salary to strike a deal.

I believe they've gone entire years without spending a dime in IFA too.

They're a terribly run organization is all I can come up with. They likely wouldn't even need to eat the whole salary to strike a deal.

They actually acquired a whole bunch of IFA money this last year. I forget who their new GM is, but I knew a few pundits were a fan of the signing...but if Angelos is still in the picture then he still pulls the strings.

As for why they cut Villar, I'm pretty sure it's salary related.

Is this for real? Thatís insane to me if so, but sort of makes sense when you connect the dots to the ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    They actually acquired a whole bunch of IFA money this last year. I forget who their new GM is, but I knew a few pundits were a fan of the signing...but if Angelos is still in the picture then he still pulls the strings.

As for why they cut Villar, I'm pretty sure it's salary related.
    I donít understand how it could be salary related. They should be among the lowest salary in the league looking at their roster.

I donít understand how it could be salary related. They should be among the lowest salary in the league looking at their roster.
    They are, Angelos is one cheap mother****er though. I'm surprised they couldn't find a trade partner, the guy has put up decent numbers and 10M isn't all that much. He had a high BABIP last year, but it's always above .300.

Either way, it's a weird move.

Is this for real? Thatís insane to me if so, but sort of makes sense when you connect the dots to the ownership.
    Yes. Things have changed. But they largely ignored IFA. They did trade away some of their pool money at least. This was from 2017.

As the game becomes increasingly global, the Orioles were the lone team in the majors not to dip into the international market this summer, per Baseball America. Conversely, the San Diego Padres signed a league-high 34 international players, and the Oriolesí American League East rival Boston Red Sox inked 31.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.delm.../amp/693814001

Yes. Things have changed. But they largely ignored IFA. They did trade away some of their pool money at least. This was from 2017.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.delm.../amp/693814001
    Not taking part in the IFA is easily the dumbest move any team has done in some time

Give me villar

Page 49 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast