Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Quite a busy day with many minor transactions. Jays traded Shafer to the Reds for cash considerations.

Jorge Bonifacio was released to waivers by the Royals. I'm sure some team will take a chance....
    Zunino signs, avoiding arbitration with the Rays
    Cardinals release Dominic Leone

Mariners sign one of their top prospects Evan White to a six-year $24MM incentive laden contract..... hasn't played a game in the majors.
    That's a big commitment to a guy who is 24, never played a game in the MLB and can only play first base.

With them releasing Leone, that closes the book on the Cards end of the Grichuk trade

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was DFA'd a few days ago along with Mayza to make room for Hatch and Espinal
    Yup, good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

That's a big commitment to a guy who is 24, never played a game in the MLB and can only play first base.

With them releasing Leone, that closes the book on the Cards end of the Grichuk trade
    Even though Grichuk is nothing special that trade is still a win. I donít think Conner Greene is even playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Even though Grichuk is nothing special that trade is still a win. I donít think Conner Greene is even playing anymore.
    The trade is definitely a win, the extention was underwhelming but we got an mediocre outfielder for a prospect who retired a year later and a reliever who had one decent year.

Atkins seems to have an ability to turn middling relivers into assets we can actually use

The trade is definitely a win, the extention was underwhelming but we got an mediocre outfielder for a prospect who retired a year later and a reliever who had one decent year.

Atkins seems to have an ability to turn middling relivers into assets we can actually use
    Yup and middling is being very generous. Stroman is the only player heís dealt thatís better than middling. We have to wait and see but you and I are clearly all aboard the SWR hype train. I canít wait to see how he fares in AA.

Very strange timing on that contract but they have been known to through money around like there is no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yup and middling is being very generous. Stroman is the only player heís dealt thatís better than middling. We have to wait and see but you and I are clearly all aboard the SWR hype train. I canít wait to see how he fares in AA.
    I'm very much on the SWR hype train. Did they say where he is starting next year?

Would've liked to have signed Pomeranz. He was a beast out of the pen last year. Would've been a nice chip to have at the deadline, or even signed for a year or two to have someone established in the pen.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I'm very much on the SWR hype train. Did they say where he is starting next year?
    Not yet. Iím just assuming heíll be in AA.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Would've liked to have signed Pomeranz. He was a beast out of the pen last year. Would've been a nice chip to have at the deadline, or even signed for a year or two to have someone established in the pen.
    Thatís a crazy deal he got. 4y at 8-9M a year for a guy that was horrible all year with SF and all of 2018 but then was unreal in a real small sample size with the Brewers.

I figured it would be a 1-2 year deal at best. Could easily end up working if he keeps it up but seems pretty risky of a deal to me.

The Gibson deal was pretty reasonable. He was more of a plan B or C to me but kind of sucks heís off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Thatís a crazy deal he got. 4y at 8-9M a year for a guy that was horrible all year with SF and all of 2018 but then was unreal in a real small sample size with the Brewers.

I figured it would be a 1-2 year deal at best. Could easily end up working if he keeps it up but seems pretty risky of a deal to me.

The Gibson deal was pretty reasonable. He was more of a plan B or C to me but kind of sucks heís off the board.
    Ya 4yr is crazy... 1-2 yr would've been great. Once he went to the bullpen he was a different pitcher.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Lots of action today. Jonathan Villar places on waivers too. Pretty crazy how good of a season he had and still no trade available cause of a 10M dollar price tag for one year.

Iíd like to see him as the back up SS/2B for this team. Not a big need but he could be a nice trade piece at the deadline if he has another good year.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Lots of action today. Jonathan Villar places on waivers too. Pretty crazy how good of a season he had and still no trade available cause of a 10M dollar price tag for one year.

Iíd like to see him as the back up SS/2B for this team. Not a big need but he could be a nice trade piece at the deadline if he has another good year.
    They should pick him up, pay his salary and trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    They should pick him up, pay his salary and trade him.
    That is outside the box thinking and a good use of your financial might. Good post.

Another guy I would take a flyer on is Aguilar.