Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    So while we have added a 5th starter, the White Sox have locked up the top C, the top 1B and are currently the top bidders for Wheeler too! If they do get Wheeler that good off season turns into one heck of a great off season.

They are having the off season we all hoped the Jays would have. Granted one was a re-sign, but still. They have the money, but I don't have high hopes anymore. If they were going to blow anyone away, it would have happened by now.
    Aside from Grandal and Will Smith nobody of importance has signed aside from players who accepted the QO. I still have faith they'll get an arm or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I just hope they don't look at the 36-42 record over the last 3 months and think this team is good enough with just role player additions and "internal growth".

Mind you, there staff could already have Shoemaker, Anderson, Borucki, Zeuch and Thornton. With guys like Kay, Wags, Pearson and Hatch in AAA. If they can find a few relievers to bridge to Giles their pitching may not be that bad. Just one more guy like Ryu would just make everything line up a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I just hope they don't look at the 36-42 record over the last 3 months and think this team is good enough with just role player additions and "internal growth".

Mind you, there staff could already have Shoemaker, Anderson, Borucki, Zeuch and Thornton. With guys like Kay, Wags, Pearson and Hatch in AAA. If they can find a few relievers to bridge to Giles their pitching may not be that bad. Just one more guy like Ryu would just make everything line up a lot better.
    Ideally you'd want another veteran to eat innings. Borucki was hurt all year and will need to be rebuilt, carefully. Just depends if you want to give up that draft pick that will determine how good that veteran will be.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I'd say we're 2 year behind them because the ChiSox at least have the young pitching needed to turn things around there... if they pan out.

That's I think another year of being terrible will do good in the long run. We don't have any assets and a middling farm system.
    Were being led to believe the farm is currently one of the top farms in the league, but in with you. I dont see it.

Pearson is an awesome prospect and Im very excited to see him up next season, but there is a vacuum of space behind him somehow.

Hopefully some of these a young guys can mash in AA so we can start dreaming on them.

We would be lucky if this upcoming high pick sees the show in the next 3 years.

Were being led to believe the farm is currently one of the top farms in the league, but in with you. I dont see it.

Pearson is an awesome prospect and Im very excited to see him up next season, but there is a vacuum of space behind him somehow.

Hopefully some of these a young guys can mash in AA so we can start dreaming on them.

If SWR does well in AA this year then he could be an even bigger ticket than Pearson. SWR, Kirk and Manoah all have the potential to break the top 100 this year if they continue with their progression. I dont expect to see any prospects graduate this year not named Pearson, Kay and maybe Diaz. 2021 could be a very different story though.

You need to remember at the start of 2019 there was no talk of Pearson being a top prospect. Now hes the 2nd best pitching prospect in baseball.

I'd say we're 2 year behind them because the ChiSox at least have the young pitching needed to turn things around there... if they pan out.

That's I think another year of being terrible will do good in the long run. We don't have any assets and a middling farm system.
    Possibly. I was thinking more along the lines of acquiring free agents. Id definitely put our hitters up against theirs any day. But they have much higher potential young pitchers. Giolito, Lopez, Kopech, etc.

I think are farm obviously took a hit considering are 2 catchers-1B-2B-SS-3B-LF and most of are pitching staff were all rookies last year but even if it lacks MLB ready players now other then Pearson it does have some high upside arms for sure.

Depending on how you want to rank systems really depends on how the farm will be ranked. A site like BA leans more towards potential and upside where some sites might look more at MLB ready prospects. I think either way its trending ^ considering most of the top specs are in the low minors.

With the team we have now we wont be getting another top 5 pick though. A full season of Vlad, Bo and Biggio will garner different results from what we saw last year. As the team stands right now I assume wed draft somewhere between 10-13.

I disagree on the farm. This will be the year lots of the lower level guys move to AA and start to show if theyre for real or not. Groshans, Kirk, Manoah, SWR should all be in AA this year with possibly Pardinho and Connine making the jump too. They could struggle or they could progress, only time will tell. I have faith in Atkins when it comes to the farm though. Hes already produced more positional talent than AA did in his entire tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If SWR does well in AA this year then he could be an even bigger ticket than Pearson. SWR, Kirk and Manoah all have the potential to break the top 100 this year if they continue with their progression. I dont expect to see any prospects graduate this year not named Pearson, Kay and maybe Diaz. 2021 could be a very different story though.

You need to remember at the start of 2019 there was no talk of Pearson being a top prospect. Now hes the 2nd best pitching prospect in baseball.
    Groshans is a lock for the top 100 and maybe top 20 if he can stay healthy. Id say Martinez has a good chance too.

Holy **** the Jays just signed Cole.

A.J. Cole but still.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Groshans is a lock for the top 100 and maybe top 20 if he can stay healthy. Id say Martinez has a good chance too.
    Groshans is already in the top 100 I thought?

Holy **** the Jays just signed Cole.

A.J. Cole but still.
    lol.

Give me Salazar

this does seem like a nice minor league signing for sure though.

this does seem like a nice minor league signing for sure though.
    Or potential BP help. He managed an ERA south of 4 but had a WHIP of 1.5. So either hes lucky or knows how to walk the tight rope.

Edit: It was mostly hits and not walks. He can fan batters though so maybe hes good at working out of jams?
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 11-25-2019 at 03:30 PM.

it's a meh signing. At best