Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 418 of 446 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 6683
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He was moved out of the IF because he couldn't make the throw, gets the yips.
    IIRC, that was middle IF. Maybe 3B is better.

Yes as Mike mentioned above he had the yips - the move to LF was purely to get him out of the IF. I would still give him a 3B trial though.

Thatís what I meant earlier, they may have already tested that out with him.

The throw from 3B is longer than SS. Dude has been a GG finalist twice out in LF and has 2 seasons with over 10 outfield assists. Moving him to the infield is the last thing we should do.

CBS Sports has predictions for the remaining FA. They pegged Conforto at 5/$80M and Suzuki at 4/$65M. I would try and sign one of those guys, flip Gurriel + anyone not named Moreno or Martinez for Ramirez, pair Grichuk with a few prospects and offload him (which should be easy if a salary floor comes in. That there is only a net ~14M added to payroll.

Biggio is the starting second baseman and there's enough money to sign or trade for another starter.

And if you want to go all MLB The Show '22, sign Kikuchi and trade for Marte. That evens out the lineup a bit more and you're looking at a line up of

1B - Vlad
    2B - Marte
    3B - Ramirez
    SS - Bichette
    OF - Conforto/Suzuki
    OF Hernandez
    OF - Springer
    C- Jansen
    DH - Kirk

If they can do all that without giving up Moreno, I would ecstatic

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

LGJ has less control that Ramirez I think so they'd probably have to find a 3rd team for him.

Thinking about it, I think they just try to get Kris Bryant. I suppose depending on the price it would be decent. It is Boras though.

Why on earth are you talking about moving LGJ to the infield? He's one of the best throwing LF's in all of baseball. Leave him alone.

I don't want to see LGJ or Teoscar moved anywhere. Both of them hold base runners very well and they have good speed for corner OF's. It sucks Springer had a rough season, but when he played CF he still played it pretty darn good. He might DH once a week/month, but not over 50% of the time unless they go get an elite defensive CF to replace Grichuk that they just must have on the field. For example they trade Grichuk for Kiermeier ...who was reportedly available before the shutdown. That defensive freak is going to place CF when he's healthy and Springer might be an expensive DH that can fill in all over the OF when needed and hit his tail off.

I actually like that idea. Grichuk fits right in with TB's offensive model . Maybe they go for Grichuk?

I didn't say move him there fulltime. To have flexibility in case someone other than the OF need to DH.

If we had signed Suzuki, then it gets tricky if you need to DH someone outside of the IF. If you had to DH say Bichette or Vlad due to a nagging injury or something, you have to leave 1 of Teo/Springer/LGJ/Suzuki out of the lineup as well since no one can play some infield.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    LGJ has less control that Ramirez I think so they'd probably have to find a 3rd team for him.

Thinking about it, I think they just try to get Kris Bryant. I suppose depending on the price it would be decent. It is Boras though.
    They are both FA in '24 but yeah your point still stands, it's more of a lateral move for them. Biggio isn't a FA until '26 so maybe it's better to move him which would cause a hole at 2B.

I thought about Bryant and like the idea it's just that he's probably going to get close to 30M and think you could get that production for cheaper

I just realized he's 30. I thought he was like 28. Less appealing that's for sure. I suppose if you can say trade for Ramirez though, I may tolerate a contract for him. I wouldnt sign him without another move though.

I just realized he's 30. I thought he was like 28. Less appealing that's for sure. I suppose if you can say trade for Ramirez though, I may tolerate a contract for him. I wouldnt sign him without another move though.
    Me neither and I was thinking about that. I do believe they still sign a pitcher. They could trade Gurriel and sign Conforto, which would be a slight upgrade or they could go in a different direction and sign Castenellos to DH. I'm not partial to signing an exclusive DH but the guy can hit. If they centre the package for Ramirez around Biggio, they will need to find a second baseman. A potential 2B wouldn't have to be an all star offensively but good defense and an above average bat would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why on earth are you talking about moving LGJ to the infield? He's one of the best throwing LF's in all of baseball. Leave him alone.

I don't want to see LGJ or Teoscar moved anywhere. Both of them hold base runners very well and they have good speed for corner OF's. It sucks Springer had a rough season, but when he played CF he still played it pretty darn good. He might DH once a week/month, but not over 50% of the time unless they go get an elite defensive CF to replace Grichuk that they just must have on the field. For example they trade Grichuk for Kiermeier ...who was reportedly available before the shutdown. That defensive freak is going to place CF when he's healthy and Springer might be an expensive DH that can fill in all over the OF when needed and hit his tail off.

I actually like that idea. Grichuk fits right in with TB's offensive model . Maybe they go for Grichuk?
    They definitely need someone to play CF, preferably one that isn't named Grichuk. At this point you can't count on Springer playing 100+ games if he's playing the field, which is why I think he should be playing more than 50% at DH.

I'd love KK, but maybe we can find someone with a better bat. I'd like the move just so TB doesn't have him -- the guy is a born Jaykiller. He's the offensive equivalent of Jared Weaver.
    Last edited by LechWalesa; 01-06-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Me neither and I was thinking about that. I do believe they still sign a pitcher. They could trade Gurriel and sign Conforto, which would be a slight upgrade or they could go in a different direction and sign Castenellos to DH. I'm not partial to signing an exclusive DH but the guy can hit. If they centre the package for Ramirez around Biggio, they will need to find a second baseman. A potential 2B wouldn't have to be an all star offensively but good defense and an above average bat would be ideal

I think we have so many hitters (even though I expect regression from a few) that I rather sign a pitcher than sign a guy who is gonna be a DH exclusively in that situation.

I think we have so many hitters (even though I expect regression from a few) that I rather sign a pitcher than sign a guy who is gonna be a DH exclusively in that situation.
    Yeah that's fair. What kind of impact arms are there left in FA? I can't see Kershaw coming here.

It all depends on how much money they have to spend, they could trade for Castillo, sign Conforto and use the excess OF to trade for a capable 3B

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2022-zip...nto-blue-jays/

Fangraphs released their 2022 ZiPS Projections for us.

The Lost Boys of PSD