Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 418 of 446 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 6683
  1. #6256
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,568
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He was moved out of the IF because he couldn't make the throw, gets the yips.
    IIRC, that was middle IF. Maybe 3B is better.

  2. #6257
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,314
    Yes as Mike mentioned above he had the yips - the move to LF was purely to get him out of the IF. I would still give him a 3B trial though.

  3. #6258
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,217
    Thatís what I meant earlier, they may have already tested that out with him.

  4. #6259
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,907
    The throw from 3B is longer than SS. Dude has been a GG finalist twice out in LF and has 2 seasons with over 10 outfield assists. Moving him to the infield is the last thing we should do.

  5. #6260
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,233
    CBS Sports has predictions for the remaining FA. They pegged Conforto at 5/$80M and Suzuki at 4/$65M. I would try and sign one of those guys, flip Gurriel + anyone not named Moreno or Martinez for Ramirez, pair Grichuk with a few prospects and offload him (which should be easy if a salary floor comes in. That there is only a net ~14M added to payroll.

    Biggio is the starting second baseman and there's enough money to sign or trade for another starter.

    And if you want to go all MLB The Show '22, sign Kikuchi and trade for Marte. That evens out the lineup a bit more and you're looking at a line up of

    1B - Vlad
    2B - Marte
    3B - Ramirez
    SS - Bichette
    OF - Conforto/Suzuki
    OF Hernandez
    OF - Springer
    C- Jansen
    DH - Kirk

    If they can do all that without giving up Moreno, I would ecstatic

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #6261
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,568
    LGJ has less control that Ramirez I think so they'd probably have to find a 3rd team for him.

    Thinking about it, I think they just try to get Kris Bryant. I suppose depending on the price it would be decent. It is Boras though.

  7. #6262
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,870
    Why on earth are you talking about moving LGJ to the infield? He's one of the best throwing LF's in all of baseball. Leave him alone.

    I don't want to see LGJ or Teoscar moved anywhere. Both of them hold base runners very well and they have good speed for corner OF's. It sucks Springer had a rough season, but when he played CF he still played it pretty darn good. He might DH once a week/month, but not over 50% of the time unless they go get an elite defensive CF to replace Grichuk that they just must have on the field. For example they trade Grichuk for Kiermeier ...who was reportedly available before the shutdown. That defensive freak is going to place CF when he's healthy and Springer might be an expensive DH that can fill in all over the OF when needed and hit his tail off.


    I actually like that idea. Grichuk fits right in with TB's offensive model . Maybe they go for Grichuk?

  8. #6263
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,568
    I didn't say move him there fulltime. To have flexibility in case someone other than the OF need to DH.

    If we had signed Suzuki, then it gets tricky if you need to DH someone outside of the IF. If you had to DH say Bichette or Vlad due to a nagging injury or something, you have to leave 1 of Teo/Springer/LGJ/Suzuki out of the lineup as well since no one can play some infield.

  9. #6264
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    LGJ has less control that Ramirez I think so they'd probably have to find a 3rd team for him.

    Thinking about it, I think they just try to get Kris Bryant. I suppose depending on the price it would be decent. It is Boras though.
    They are both FA in '24 but yeah your point still stands, it's more of a lateral move for them. Biggio isn't a FA until '26 so maybe it's better to move him which would cause a hole at 2B.

    I thought about Bryant and like the idea it's just that he's probably going to get close to 30M and think you could get that production for cheaper

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  10. #6265
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,568
    I just realized he's 30. I thought he was like 28. Less appealing that's for sure. I suppose if you can say trade for Ramirez though, I may tolerate a contract for him. I wouldnt sign him without another move though.

  11. #6266
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I just realized he's 30. I thought he was like 28. Less appealing that's for sure. I suppose if you can say trade for Ramirez though, I may tolerate a contract for him. I wouldnt sign him without another move though.
    Me neither and I was thinking about that. I do believe they still sign a pitcher. They could trade Gurriel and sign Conforto, which would be a slight upgrade or they could go in a different direction and sign Castenellos to DH. I'm not partial to signing an exclusive DH but the guy can hit. If they centre the package for Ramirez around Biggio, they will need to find a second baseman. A potential 2B wouldn't have to be an all star offensively but good defense and an above average bat would be ideal

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  12. #6267
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why on earth are you talking about moving LGJ to the infield? He's one of the best throwing LF's in all of baseball. Leave him alone.

    I don't want to see LGJ or Teoscar moved anywhere. Both of them hold base runners very well and they have good speed for corner OF's. It sucks Springer had a rough season, but when he played CF he still played it pretty darn good. He might DH once a week/month, but not over 50% of the time unless they go get an elite defensive CF to replace Grichuk that they just must have on the field. For example they trade Grichuk for Kiermeier ...who was reportedly available before the shutdown. That defensive freak is going to place CF when he's healthy and Springer might be an expensive DH that can fill in all over the OF when needed and hit his tail off.


    I actually like that idea. Grichuk fits right in with TB's offensive model . Maybe they go for Grichuk?
    They definitely need someone to play CF, preferably one that isn't named Grichuk. At this point you can't count on Springer playing 100+ games if he's playing the field, which is why I think he should be playing more than 50% at DH.

    I'd love KK, but maybe we can find someone with a better bat. I'd like the move just so TB doesn't have him -- the guy is a born Jaykiller. He's the offensive equivalent of Jared Weaver.
    Last edited by LechWalesa; 01-06-2022 at 02:43 PM.

  13. #6268
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Me neither and I was thinking about that. I do believe they still sign a pitcher. They could trade Gurriel and sign Conforto, which would be a slight upgrade or they could go in a different direction and sign Castenellos to DH. I'm not partial to signing an exclusive DH but the guy can hit. If they centre the package for Ramirez around Biggio, they will need to find a second baseman. A potential 2B wouldn't have to be an all star offensively but good defense and an above average bat would be ideal

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I think we have so many hitters (even though I expect regression from a few) that I rather sign a pitcher than sign a guy who is gonna be a DH exclusively in that situation.

  14. #6269
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think we have so many hitters (even though I expect regression from a few) that I rather sign a pitcher than sign a guy who is gonna be a DH exclusively in that situation.
    Yeah that's fair. What kind of impact arms are there left in FA? I can't see Kershaw coming here.

    It all depends on how much money they have to spend, they could trade for Castillo, sign Conforto and use the excess OF to trade for a capable 3B

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  15. #6270
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,685
    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2022-zip...nto-blue-jays/

    Fangraphs released their 2022 ZiPS Projections for us.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •