Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 463 of 533 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 7990
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Teoscar has been dealt to the Mariners for what looks to be a **** return. Not happy right now.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...-mariners.html

9:52am: Seattle is sending right-handed reliever Erik Swanson and pitching prospect Adam Macko to the Blue Jays in the trade, Divish reports.
    Not upset Teoscar is dealt. I do believe we were going to trade an OF all along. The outfield defense has been somewhere between poor and average. I do expect them to add a LH bat. We know the have needs in pitching etc.

Not sure what Swanson will make in arbitration, but there is big financial savings in this deal that could allow them to make other follow up moves. Swanson expected to make 1.5 million in arbitration.

I donít know enough about Swanson or the prospect to give an informed opinion on the trade yet. Sounds like a high leverage reliever with 3 years of control, decent pitching spec and 12.5 off the payroll for one year of Teoscar (and either the inside road to resign him or a compensation pick if he leaves)
    Last edited by pebloemer; 11-16-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Between Tapia and Hernandez, do people think the team is clearing space for a FA signing?

Brandon Nimmo would be a great follow up moveÖ

Yes Atkins...

I would've traded Teo but not for this deal. Though it depends how they plan to use the cash savings. Maybe they need it to sign Strip (assuming he gets the same 3 year $39 mil than Anderson got).

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Between Tapia and Hernandez, do people think the team is clearing space for a FA signing?

Brandon Nimmo would be a great follow up moveÖ
    Tapia was always a non tender IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Tapia was always a non tender IMO.
    I agree.

Combining recent savings brings us close to 20 million. I would love to know what the budget is to see what possibilities that may unlock for the team.

I think the return looks light. I thought Teo would have had more cache than this.

As would Atkins. As of last week, Rogers hasnít given them the budget yet but would this week sometime.

I like the deal assuming no money is going with teo.

Mlbtv gives teo (8) value and Swanson (10.4) and the prospect a 5.4.
    Shoulder surgery ended his season after 33ip. Huge k guy but high WHIP so far. Puts him 3rd, just above Zulu and Robberse on our sp prospects. We needed another big arm. Zulu prob turning into a reliever.

Just a piece of the puzzle. Hopefully saved the full 12.5m.

Teo is a one dimensional player. I love him but he is replaceable as itís just his bat to replace. His replacement will prob have better d and better on bases

I don't mind the deal, but I do think we could have done better for Hernandez. Next domino to fall has to be Kirk/Moreno for an outfielder+

I always think you have to look at the off season as a whole. So if they spend the money savings wisely it could be fine. Just feels underwhelming to a get a middle reliever and a crappy prospect for an all star.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Oh boy, Atkins is starting to crumble. Swanson has control and is a shut down arm but for Teoscar? Iím not a fan.
    Illogical. I will riot unless we are witnessing a full Of overhaul.

I always think you have to look at the off season as a whole. So if they spend the money savings wisely it could be fine. Just feels underwhelming to a get a middle reliever and a crappy prospect for an all star.
    Yeah Iím trying not to be disappointed. Iím going to take the long approach and analyze the offseason as a whole. There is still time to make this make sense. Right now I hate it.

I can see a 3 year $36-42 mil offer for Stripling soon.

I bet that their goal is to shore up pitching first since our best prospects are hitters arm.

Fully agree. One deal will impact others. Have to view the whole.

I will say, I have been reading a bit about Mako. Might be a really interesting arm in a couple years. A lot of recent improvement. Trending in a good direction. The opposite of a Groshans (came in with high pedigree and slowly lost value).

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I can see a 3 year $36-42 mil offer for Stripling soon.

I bet that their goal is to shore up pitching first since our best prospects are hitters arm.
    If they use the savings to add a mid rotation starter like Strip, I have to imagine it would make people feel better