Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 306 of 363 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 5444
  1. #4576
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    The Tulo deal was great at the time IMO that just didnt pan out. It was added risk but he aged like 5 years overnight. Everyone saw he was great when healthy and the injury concerns were real but even when he was healthy, he wasnt good. No one coulda projected that.

    Thatd be like if we said Springer was a bad signing because hes also 30 when he starts to play on our team, we will be paying him for 6 years (like Tulo) and has a prior injury history even when he was great. Only difference was we didnt give up prospects for Springer but cost more money.
    End of the day we didnít give up anything but money for tulo too.

  2. #4577
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Bieber would cost less that 2 decent specs?
    I was referring to the money you mentioned. I still want to know how you came up with 4 years 10 mil?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #4578
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    End of the day we didnít give up anything but money for tulo too.
    For a guy who complained endlessly about the return that subpar players got us from 2016 on you sure are quick to dismiss the subpar returns our top prospects brought in just before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #4579
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,488
    Did some people forget how good this team suddenly was after adding Tulo and Price in 2015? Price wasn't pitching every game. Tulo playing a great defensive SS played a big part in their second half dominance. He didn't hit as good as expected, but all they did was win after swapping Reyes out for him. How can you say he wasn't the player they needed?

    Now, did the "all in" gamble of getting Price and Tulo pay off in full, no. If they had gotten true Tulo in 2015 and 2016 they may have to more chips though, so it was worth the gamble.

    They weren't righting that ship in 2017 with an extra 20M. So paying him the last couple years hasnt hurt anything.

  5. #4580
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,640
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I was referring to the money you mentioned. I still want to know how you came up with 4 years 10 mil?
    How much did dickey cost over his tenure with the jays? Might be off by a few mil.

  6. #4581
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,640
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    For a guy who complained endlessly about the return that subpar players got us from 2016 on you sure are quick to dismiss the subpar returns our top prospects brought in just before that.
    Can you please elaborate on this?

  7. #4582
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    57,975
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    How much did dickey cost over his tenure with the jays? Might be off by a few mil.
    He cost $40 mil over 4 years. His contract relative to his results were pretty decent. It was just what we traded that made it bad.

  8. #4583
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    57,975
    I'd take a gamble at Jameson Taillon.

  9. #4584
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He cost $40 mil over 4 years. His contract relative to his results were pretty decent. It was just what we traded that made it bad.
    10 mil per. Sorry I forgot the Ďperí lol

  10. #4585
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'd take a gamble at Jameson Taillon.
    Any day of the week.

  11. #4586
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Did some people forget how good this team suddenly was after adding Tulo and Price in 2015? Price wasn't pitching every game. Tulo playing a great defensive SS played a big part in their second half dominance. He didn't hit as good as expected, but all they did was win after swapping Reyes out for him. How can you say he wasn't the player they needed?

    Now, did the "all in" gamble of getting Price and Tulo pay off in full, no. If they had gotten true Tulo in 2015 and 2016 they may have to more chips though, so it was worth the gamble.

    They weren't righting that ship in 2017 with an extra 20M. So paying him the last couple years hasnt hurt anything.
    Tulo wasn't why we won a lot. Price and Stroman coming from injury were. They could have gotten a defensive caliber shortstop who hits for ave, kept Reyes as a pinch runner or waived him and still not have had to have carried Tulo's contract. Tulo up to that point had recent injury history and didn't have good splits away from Coors. Not a recipe for long term success.

    In essence, AA tried to trade away one trade mistake he made (Reyes) by making a bigger one in Tulo's longer contract and trading 3 specs that could have been used other wise. Sound logic.

  12. #4587
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    57,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Tulo wasn't why we won a lot. Price and Stroman coming from injury were. They could have gotten a defensive caliber shortstop who hits for ave, kept Reyes as a pinch runner or waived him and still not have had to have carried Tulo's contract. Tulo up to that point had recent injury history and didn't have good splits away from Coors. Not a recipe for long term success.

    In essence, AA tried to trade away one trade mistake he made (Reyes) by making a bigger one in Tulo's longer contract and trading 3 specs that could have been used other wise. Sound logic.
    This could ony be said after the fact though. Its easy to criticize when trades fail after the fact.

  13. #4588
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Tulo wasn't why we won a lot. Price and Stroman coming from injury were. They could have gotten a defensive caliber shortstop who hits for ave, kept Reyes as a pinch runner or waived him and still not have had to have carried Tulo's contract. Tulo up to that point had recent injury history and didn't have good splits away from Coors. Not a recipe for long term success.

    In essence, AA tried to trade away one trade mistake he made (Reyes) by making a bigger one in Tulo's longer contract and trading 3 specs that could have been used other wise. Sound logic.
    Imo this is mostly incorrect. Tulo added a huge piece to that team. His attitude matched up beautifully with our crazy competitive middle of the order. He took us to another level.

    I understand where youíre coming from. Doesnít matter what your team does if the pitching isnít there... but this team was a different team after tulo arrived.

  14. #4589
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    This could ony be said after the fact though. Its easy to criticize when trades fail after the fact.
    Not after the fact, I wanted no part of Tulo at the time. We went from an old broken down poor d SS, to a slightly younger broken down SS to play on turf with extra years on his contract. Tulo was the last trade he made before the deadline, that was AA saying **** it, I'm not around next year, go big or go bust. It's 2021 and we are still paying for Tulo and he's not been on our team for 3 years.

    Also why I want no part of Arenado, that's going to be a Tulo part 2 contract if any team takes him.

  15. #4590
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    How much did dickey cost over his tenure with the jays? Might be off by a few mil.
    He signed a 2 year 25 mil extension after the trade. That's a lot different than 4 years 10 mil lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •