Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 299 of 362 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5421
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    -If we had money for Brantley, Iíd think we could do Walker and wong. The killer Wís

Walker, wong and hand and Iíd be pretty pumped
    Whichever INF we sign, I'd like a one year deal, just to keep our options open for next years FA INF crop. Be it Wong, Simmiens, Profar or Turner. Sign an INF, 1-2 SP, and Hand, then call it a day, trade Reese/Roark/Grinch and see what we can get.

Man, how much more money is there? If they are still in on Bauer and Hand that means they are thinking about adding another possible 30+ million on top of the 40+ they have already spent.

This could get insane....

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Man, how much more money is there? If they are still in on Bauer and Hand that means they are thinking about adding another possible 30+ million on top of the 40+ they have already spent.

How much has this regime spent in 5 years? total? You will have your answer

current total for 2021 is $109MM

Even if they miss, I think it's pretty clear they've had a plan. We're starting to see the dividends of the pain. Still gotta win though.

Springer
    Biggio
    Bichette
    Teo
    Vlady
    LGJ
    Tellez
    Grichuk
    Jansen

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Springer
    Biggio
    Bichette
    Teo
    Vlady
    LGJ
    Tellez
    Grichuk
    Jansen
    Maybe being a homer. But thatís a deep lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Maybe being a homer. But thatís a deep lineup.
    Who's coming off the bench?

Kirk, McGuire, Fisher, Espinal as of now?

The Lost Boys of PSD

If they miss out on Bauer, my next choice is Walker. But I am still holding out hope that they will trade for a SP like Castillo or Bieber. They have a loaded line up and a loaded farm system. Go get yourself another TORP to go with Ryu and they are looking really, really good.

If they miss out on Bauer, my next choice is Walker. But I am still holding out hope that they will trade for a SP like Castillo or Bieber. They have a loaded line up and a loaded farm system. Go get yourself another TORP to go with Ryu and they are looking really, really good.
    Why trade the specs away in a deal like that? We still have money to spend. No reason to trade for Castillo when Bauer is available. Castillo will be expensive when the rest of the roster is expensive, so itís basically the same thing as spending now on a FA, except you have to send a huge package the other way.

Castillo makes sense if we have 5mil left and no decent FA pitching options. Those trades will make sense when we are in sustain mode.

Bieber is untouchable at this point. Castillo is good but not Bieber level, but more attainable. By adding Springer and moving Teo to DH with Grich in RF our OF defense and by proxy SP have improved immensely. Just need to shore up the middle of the diamond in some form.

Add Hand to complement/compete with Yates to close, a Simmons/Didi/Profar to shore up our middle INF or as our Util INF instead of Espinal

Wish list: Trade out Roark, Grich, Yamaguchi, Reese, Fisher, reallocate funds for a Bauer, Walker/Hand and/or get some younger lotto tickets for our farm.

The Astros confuse me. They sign Brantley to an AAV of 16 mil yesterday and Give Jason Castro who was a -0.2 WAR last season 7mil with 2mil in incentives. For that AAV they could have kept Springer and acquired Reese from us for basically the same AAV they gave a DH and a backup level C.

Maybe we can send them Roark or Grich, lol

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Who's coming off the bench?

Kirk, McGuire, Fisher, Espinal as of now?
    Fisher should be starting. We traded Aaron Sanchez for him for crying out loud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Whichever INF we sign, I'd like a one year deal, just to keep our options open for next years FA INF crop. Be it Wong, Simmiens, Profar or Turner. Sign an INF, 1-2 SP, and Hand, then call it a day, trade Reese/Roark/Grinch and see what we can get.
    Tommy la Stella is a guy who could fit the bill there. Could be a R/L platoon with Grichuk in the lineup. When Grich plays, Teo can DH. When La Stella plays Vlad can DH. Then of course rest days factor in for others.

Provides some support at 2B and 3b. We definitely need infield help, hopefully we can preserve enough money for a reliable starter still.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Bieber is untouchable at this point. Castillo is good but not Bieber level, but more attainable. By adding Springer and moving Teo to DH with Grich in RF our OF defense and by proxy SP have improved immensely. Just need to shore up the middle of the diamond in some form.

Add Hand to complement/compete with Yates to close, a Simmons/Didi/Profar to shore up our middle INF or as our Util INF instead of Espinal

Wish list: Trade out Roark, Grich, Yamaguchi, Reese, Fisher, reallocate funds for a Bauer, Walker/Hand and/or get some younger lotto tickets for our farm.

I don't think anyone in Cleveland is "untouchable" with our young talent and farm system.

I think my last post came across wrong though, as I wasn't thinking one or the other when it comes to trading for an ace and trying to sign Bauer. I was thinking they should try and do both if they still have the money to spend on Bauer

I don't think they need to sure up the middle infield...maybe 3B though if they don't plan to give Vladdy an extended look there now that he put the work in to get in shape. I think Bo and Cavan are locked in up the middle for now.

Im in no hurry to trade Grichuk. Springer isn't known for playing 162 games. Starting caliber players on the bench is what you want to get to. Having 4 starting caliber OF's and multiple guys who can play CF isn't a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Tommy la Stella is a guy who could fit the bill there. Could be a R/L platoon with Grichuk in the lineup. When Grich plays, Teo can DH. When La Stella plays Vlad can DH. Then of course rest days factor in for others.

Provides some support at 2B and 3b. We definitely need infield help, hopefully we can preserve enough money for a reliable starter still.
    Tommy la Stella would be my preference as well, if not him there's also Cesar Hernandez, Profar or they could also bring back Joe Panik.