Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Count me out on an Inciarte for Giles straight up swap. Inciarte is a 29 year old whose defense is starting to diminish. I'd rather get someone who aligns more with our timeline
    Can't see us doing business with the Braves.

I would prefer a young stud outfielder either a prospect or one that is MLB ready but Inciarte does have a good contract so from Atkins' perspective it's something he might consider. 5 yrs/$30.53M (17-21) & 22 team

Count me out on an Inciarte for Giles straight up swap. Inciarte is a 29 year old whose defense is starting to diminish. I'd rather get someone who aligns more with our timeline
    I agree, I think we're trying to jump the gun a little bit with a trade like that. I'd rather be looking at CF prospects that are fairly close if possible.

This is for all the people who want to trade Giles. Who takes over when he's gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Can't see us doing business with the Braves.

I would prefer a young stud outfielder either a prospect or one that is MLB ready but Inciarte does have a good contract so from Atkins' perspective it's something he might consider. 5 yrs/$30.53M (17-21) & 22 team
    I'd say both the Braves and the Jays would trade with each other. I think if both teams think they can make their own team better by making a trade, they will.

I get that Inciarte has a good deal but the only thing that I find appealing about him is his obp.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    This is for all the people who want to trade Giles. Who takes over when he's gone?
    Ummm anyone.

I mean, I get the guy had a great year and likes it here but if he can net is a good prospect or two, I pull the trigger without a doubt.

He's almost 30, needs load management and pitches ~50 innings a year. I would really like to pair him with someone else to get a young high impact player

Ummm anyone.

I mean, I get the guy had a great year and likes it here but if he can net is a good prospect or two, I pull the trigger without a doubt.

He's almost 30, needs load management and pitches ~50 innings a year. I would really like to pair him with someone else to get a young high impact player
    Agreed.

The only purpose of a closer on a rebuilding team is to move them for specs.

I hope whoever replaces Giles performs well too so we can flip them for even more specs!

I'd say both the Braves and the Jays would trade with each other. I think if both teams think they can make their own team better by making a trade, they will.

I get that Inciarte has a good deal but the only thing that I find appealing about him is his obp.
    Inciarte is a good CF'er. They absolutely can't start 2020 without adding a good defensive outfielder and Giles won't be around beyond July 2020 - the injury risk is too great to be extending him. Derek Law can close games.

This is not my preference but Atkins is all ga ga about control...well Inciarte is your guy. That or maybe give the Dodgers a call...they can definitely use Giles (Dodgers were top 5 in blown saves) and they have a deep farm. Maybe they do something around former 1st rounder Jeren Kendall+. He's struggling to find his way but he's a fantastic athlete.

Agreed.

I hope whoever replaces Giles performs well too so we can flip them for even more specs!
    It'd more then likely be Law which is ****ing boring but they could always spice it up and try a guy like Romano or SRF there.

Inciarte is a good CF'er. They absolutely can't start 2020 without adding a good defensive outfielder and Giles won't be around beyond July 2020 - the injury risk is too great to be extending him. Derek Law can close games.

This is not my preference but Atkins is all ga ga about control...well Inciarte is your guy. That or maybe give the Dodgers a call...they can definitely use Giles (Dodgers were top 5 in blown saves) and they have a deep farm. Maybe they do something around former 1st rounder Jeren Kendall+. He's struggling to find his way but he's a fantastic athlete.
    The funny thing is, Giles for Inciarte is probably solid value, I just don't like Inciarte's progression defensively. I know you say he's a good CF'er, but DRS had him at -1 this year and UZR/150 had him at 1.4, one slightly above average and one slightly below. His DRS numbers spike one year and go down the next, which is weird but he's never been that low. I don't watch many braves games and maybe you do but but advanced stats didn't like him much this year and if he starts to regress he becomes a 4 OF...still on a good contract lol

I would much rather a deal like the Dodgers one. Id much rather a player with upside

The funny thing is, Giles for Inciarte is probably solid value, I just don't like Inciarte's progression defensively. I know you say he's a good CF'er, but DRS had him at -1 this year and UZR/150 had him at 1.4, one slightly above average and one slightly below. His DRS numbers spike one year and go down the next, which is weird but he's never been that low. I don't watch many braves games and maybe you do but but advanced stats didn't like him much this year and if he starts to regress he becomes a 4 OF...still on a good contract lol

I would much rather a deal like the Dodgers one. Id much rather a player with upside
    He only played 65 games in 2019 as he was out with a hamstring injury so that might explain the low d ratings.

Ummm anyone.

I think youíre underestimating how hard it is to find a closer of Gilesí caliber. Having Osuna as his predecessor really makes it easy to forget that the last time we had a lock down closer before those 2 was BJ Ryan. Unless you want to count Casey Janssen as one.

Whatís this talk of load management? Yeah he got hurt after pitching on 3 consecutive days but Iíve heard nothing about load management. Is there anything saying he wonít be pitching on consecutive days anymore?

Load management is trending in all sports so I can see that impacting baseball as well. I mean he wasn't used that much down the stretch and if anything that should have been the time to showcase him.

Agreed.

This is what confuses me. Loup, Oh and Hudson were all flipped for specs yet you have nothing good to say about any of them. Now you have hopes for another scrap heap reliever to turn into specs yet when it happens Iím 99.9% sure that youíll hate the return.

Load management is trending in all sports so I can see that impacting baseball as well. I mean he wasn't used that much down the stretch and if anything that should have been the time to showcase him.
    So thereís been no official word that he wonít be used on consecutive days from here on out? Itís just something that someone said on here?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So thereís been no official word that he wonít be used on consecutive days from here on out? Itís just something that someone said on here?
    I wasn't referring to any post....I just remember his workload being reduced down the stretch.

BTW and I almost totally forgot, the Anthony Bass acquisition is very telling. He can close. So between him and Law we should be good for the 9th.

Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast