Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Teams inquiring about our catchers.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...-interest.html

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    The rotation has probably 3-4 holes. If you want to go with an average rotation, then you need an absolute stud pen. There’s one guy in the pen that fits that and Ross and Shap aren’t going to sign high prices relievers.

You have at least two holes in the OF. One at the very least but probably two you want improve on, defensively and offensively.

You then have a young core infield who the rest of the league are going to adjust to. How do they do when those adjustments are made? Give them the year to figure it out.

Build up another year of assets through the draft and selling any bounce back guys who play good and next offseason you’re in business. Especially if you get Pearson up this year at some point.
    Agreed. There is too much of a gap between what the Jays have graduated this year and what is coming through the system next season. 60+ wins is way too much for this team to make a legitimate stab at the post season for 2020 unless the Jays outright win the off season by a landslide.

Another year of collecting and seeing what the have Jays going into 2020 is logical and then they should have more options (asset wise) to evaluate their chances of making a run in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

What a surprise. I’m very confident one of Jansen/McGuire will be moved and it’ll probably be Jansen. Gimme some of that Starling Marte!

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    We all laugh in a way at Roark but with him and Anderson you can almost chalk in 300-350 innings of average MLB pitching. Considering what we had last season that would be pretty awesome.
    Roark and Anderson is not a bad start. Teheran is also someone who would be interesting. Those 3 would give the Jays some much needed stabilized SP that eat up quite a bit of innings and at least make the team competitive.

The only concern is that all 3 pitchers are from the NL and we know how that sometimes plays out in the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I appreciate your optimism but imo that lineup, rotation and BP is still at best 4th in the ALE.
    To each their own. The Red Sox are most likely taking a step back this year, Yanks have no pitching and the Rays are unpredictable.

The wildcard is Pearson really. He could potentially be an ace for us or he could struggle. If he comes out dealing then everything changes assuming we go out and sign a couple arms.

The thing I'm most excited about for next season is the top of the lineup. We finally have some speed and contact at the top of the order. It's the first time since Ben Revere and it's going to pay some huge dividends. Assuming Biggio sticks in the 2 spot (which he absolutely should) this would give us a double dose of speed. Biggio is already great at working counts and does serious damage on the base paths. Not only was he a perfect 14/14 in SB attempts, he scored 66 runs in 100 games. He scored the 2nd most runs on the team while playing the 9th most games.

I think Bo and Biggio can plate 100 runs each in 2020. We have a serious 1/2 punch for the foreseeable future at the top of the lineup. Both are great hitters in their own respects and both have blazing speed. Prepare to see why I despised having Jose Bautista leadoff.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

Be looking at an elite piece coming back. I’m torn I love Jansen and want to see him get another year of experience at the plate. I also want to see McGuire duplicate what he did last year over the course of a full season.

I think next season we’ll have a clearer picture because these guys are doing the opposite at the plate what they were profiled as and did in the minors. Jansen could hit and McGuire was a defensive first catcher.

I only move one of them if it’s an elite prospect or part of a package to bring in an elite player.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Be looking at an elite piece coming back. I’m torn I love Jansen and want to see him get another year of experience at the plate. I also want to see McGuire duplicate what he did last year over the course of a full season.

I think next season we’ll have a clearer picture because these guys are doing the opposite at the plate what they were profiled as and did in the minors. Jansen could hit and McGuire was a defensive first catcher.

I only move one of them if it’s an elite prospect or part of a package to bring in an elite player.
    Would Starling Marte qualify?

Not sure why we would give up our starting catcher as part of a deal to get a 31 year old Marte with only 2 years of control. I like Marte, but, I think we need to suck it up for two more years and see if one of our catching specs pushes Jansen out of a job. We finally have a great young catcher and y'all want to trade him?

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Not sure why we would give up our starting catcher as part of a deal to get a 31 year old Marte with only 2 years of control. I like Marte, but, I think we need to suck it up for two more years and see if one of our catching specs pushes Jansen out of a job. We finally have a great young catcher and y'all want to trade him?
    I think most of us would be thinking about trading McGuire. I like the duo a lot and think they can together be pretty awesome but if the right deal came along I’d be down for a trade. Good chance McGuire’s value is at an all time high right now, he was damn good once he got called up.

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    How sure are you that he's great? What if he has another dud year with the bat and takes a hit in value? He improved defensively no doubt but he's far from great. Then we have Starling Marte who just had the best offensive season of his career and plays a position that we sorely need filled. Yes he's declining defensively but he's still an upgrade on both sides of the ball. As for him only having 2 years left, so what? If he continues to do well then re-sign him. I'm of the belief we'll be ready to compete in 2021 and I'd be more than happy having Starling Marte in CF. We have tons of depth at C and right now Jansen is the best piece we have at that position. I don't think he'll end up being the best player though.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 11-10-2019 at 08:28 PM.

I think most of us would be thinking about trading McGuire. I like the duo a lot and think they can together be pretty awesome but if the right deal came along I’d be down for a trade. Good chance McGuire’s value is at an all time high right now, he was damn good once he got called up.
    I don't imagine we'll get anything of value with McGuire being the centrepiece of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't imagine we'll get anything of value with McGuire being the centrepiece of a deal.
    Well I wouldn’t say nothing of value but no we’re obviously not getting a top end starter or a top spec but I think young MLB ready catchers who are excel defensively and have the ability to be average offensively are pretty valuable. I mean if the article is true and teams are calling asking then theirs interest.

Him packaged with Giles could make a nice return.

The big things is major years of control. I really believe you should be looking at a similar type of player coming back. Young, lots of control, top 100 spec type of upside.

Well I wouldn’t say nothing of value but no we’re obviously not getting a top end starter or a top spec but I think young MLB ready catchers who are excel defensively and have the ability to be average offensively are pretty valuable. I mean if the article is true and teams are calling asking then theirs interest.

Him packaged with Giles could make a nice return.
    I guess nothing of value was a bit of an over exaggeration. I believe Jansen holds more value than McGuire though. If they're trading one of the catchers it'll be to improve the team now not later so I have a hard time imagining Giles in any deal. It wouldn't really make sense to deal either of the catchers for prospects at this point in the rebuild.

Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast