Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379
Results 5,671 to 5,682 of 5682
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I meant more in the way if it will affect the off-season?
    Yea as Mike says, it can only make things worst.

I canít find the article but other than Tanenbum essentially vetoing Ed Rogers so they could bring back Masai, there was something else about how Ed wanted to turn the Jays into something similar to MLSE and the Leafs. I canít find what article I read that in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    I had lots to say. But if you can't find it you can't find it. I was wrong about 500 but I was right that we would finish fourth and still have to pass Boston, New York, and Tampa. Atkins reclamation strategy is not going to get us pas those teams.
    we were one game back of both the Yanks and Sox IIRC and were a better team then both and have a better, younger core going forward. I have no idea what you mean by your last sentence

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; Yesterday at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think if you do it on a case by case basis, you can probably chalk it up to being a hit or miss through 6 years in Toronto.
    Almost like FA as a whole across the league. The hits have had much more of a positive impact then the busts have had a negative impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Almost like FA as a whole across the league. The hits have had much more of a positive impact then the busts have had a negative impact.

From a value perspective I can see that. Though circustances could change that narratice for each year. Ie Pujols signing was a dud and Ohtani a hit but Pujols had such negative consequences for the Angels that Ohtani winning MVP doesnt quite fix it.

You'd have to look at it in more detail to come to conclusions ,etc.

From a value perspective I can see that. Though circustances could change that narratice for each year. Ie Pujols signing was a dud and Ohtani a hit but Pujols had such negative consequences for the Angels that Ohtani winning MVP doesnt quite fix it.

You'd have to look at it in more detail to come to conclusions ,etc.
    Yeah that's fair, it's definitely fluid and Springer could turn into a major disappointment going forward. But, as far as I am concerned, he's been more then adequate in FA signings which flies completely in the face of "a bunch of bad contracts and Springer TBD"

^

In reference to Chong, for sure its not just a bunch of bad contracts. Atkins has had some good signings.

^

In reference to Chong, for sure its not just a bunch of bad contracts. Atkins has had some good signings.
    Tbh I forgot about the semien signing and didnít think we were discussing international prospects because those are always hit and miss (points for the hits, but no points lost for the misses imo).

The semien signing hasnít amounted to anything yet just like the springer signing so itís still tbd imo. I will personally judge Atkins based on the semien extension or prospect they pick with the comp pick. Not about to call it a bad signing though lol. Semien was a hell of a player last season for a 4th place team.

Semien and Springer. Any other good ones? Cause there is a pretty decent list of bad ones.

I donít think Atkins needs you guys to defend him. He hasnít been great in FA until maybe this past offseason. Pretty much duds for 5 years leading up to then. Even Atkins would admit his FA record isnít great. And I think itís safe to say he has flopped on every extension he has handed out so far.

^

Ray and Semien were great. One is a Cy Young and one is top 5 MVP candidate.

You can maybe argue that their signing didnt result in anything meaningful (ie missing the playoffs) but they were still great signings. At the very least there was no downside to them given they were 1 year deals.

^

Ray and Semien were great. One is a Cy Young and one is top 5 MVP candidate.

You can maybe argue that their signing didnt result in anything meaningful (ie missing the playoffs) but they were still great signings. At the very least there was no downside to them given they were 1 year deals.
    And Ray. Thatís the one I was forgetting. Was a hell of an offseason thatís for sure! Hope he can repeat it! We have to somehow improve the team while extending those guys to the number they deserve.

The extensions thing is what is bothering me the most. We will need good extensions for the core if we are going to compete long term.

Has Atkins even handed out one extension so far?

Only extensions he handed out during his tenure are Grich and Smoak from what I can remember.