Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 402 of 421 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 6301
    I smell a rodon signing

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    ****, 3/130 for the Mets and Scherzer. That's a lot of dough

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Listening to WFAN last night, Mets fans were excited over this. Said their owner richest in baseball and willing to spend. Were they ever bad mouthing Stroman. Said they didn't want him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    I didn't say Biggio could replace Semien's production. I said the combo of Springer healthy for the full year and Biggio back to his 2019 and 2020 numbers can mitigate most of the loss of Semien. Semien had a great year and it's unreasonable to say they can fully replace his production, but it would be helpful if Springer plays a full season, and Biggio isn't injured. I'm hoping for another infield add whether trade or FA.
    I think Moreno maybe here by mid season. He had good AFL. Pick up a little more offense. Gurriel may break out pick up some more of the offense

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Oh, I completely expect this means they are out on Ray. Having more budget to spend this off-season doesn't necessarily mean they are capable of throwing another 100+ million long term deal out there. Vladdy, Bo, Teoscar, Gurriel will all start getting a lot more expensive, very quickly. You think they'd sign a third pitcher for 100+ million this off-season? They've just committed 241 million in long term salary to 2 pitchers. Ray would push that number over 400 million. That would be crazy levels of spending for a team whose most important young players all need raises soon. The long term commitments to Berrios and Gausman completely rule out a Ray reunion IMO.
    100% agree.

Ray to the M's. 5/115.

There goes Ray.....F!@#$

So we just made Ray and Semien 290 Million ....I think vets may want to start flocking here on 1 year deals...lol

Surprised Ray went for that amount. Not sure if I wpuld prefer Ray or Gausman at those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Surprised Ray went for that amount. Not sure if I wpuld prefer Ray or Gausman at those prices.
    I would have preferred Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I smell a rodon signing
    I sure hope not. The fact that he didn’t get a QO after the year he had comes off as a big red flag for me. The “arm fatigue” might be something more.

If they can sign him to a deal similar to Ray’s then sure. I think he’s hoping to get something more though.

Ditto. Hate the opt out though. Jays with 2 extra picks after 1st round now.
    Both Ray and gausman would have been sick. Me thinks they don’t spend high on the 5th starter at this point. Kikuchi is new rumor per jon heyden.

Means they’d have money to go bigger at 3b/dh/rp. Conforto? Schwarber ?

In addition to borucki being out of options, so is merryweather so I’d pencil them in as reliever 6 and 7 at the moment. Another rp signed and that’s prob sianara to borucki which is probably ok. In a world where loup gets 8m a year, a cheap lhrp is nice to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I sure hope not. The fact that he didn’t get a QO after the year he had comes off as a big red flag for me. The “arm fatigue” might be something more.

If they can sign him to a deal similar to Ray’s then sure. I think he’s hoping to get something more though.
    I totally agree with the QO point. I forgot that

. They gave one to kimbrel, just to openly say they are doing it to trade him even at a vastly overpaid price….but not rodon speaks volumes to me. Having lived through the marlins trade and having whatshisface arm blown up, I’d rather not do that again. Or Mike sirotka V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Ditto. Hate the opt out though. Jays with 2 extra picks after 1st round now.
    Both Ray and gausman would have been sick. Me thinks they don’t spend high on the 5th starter at this point. Kikuchi is new rumor per jon heyden.

Means they’d have money to go bigger at 3b/dh/rp. Conforto? Schwarber ?

In addition to borucki being out of options, so is merryweather so I’d pencil them in as reliever 6 and 7 at the moment. Another rp signed and that’s prob sianara to borucki which is probably ok. In a world where loup gets 8m a year, a cheap lhrp is nice to develop.
    Those 2 extra picks are nice. So nice that I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep over signing Raisel Iglesias and losing one of them. 3 years 36 mil for Iglesias?

Seager to Rangers. Crazy.

Per
    @StevePhillipsGM
    , Robbie Ray’s camp tried to leverage the #BlueJays for more money. Atkins said no thanks and went ahead with Kevin Gausman.

Not good, brings back memories of the EE fiasco and I don't give a ***** about the picks. Give me Ray