Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 386 of 421 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 6301
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Matz not offered the QO.

He probably wouldve accepted if we did.

Looks like he did reject a multiyear deal but the AAV probably wasnt near $18 mil a year.
    I think so as well. Matz @ $18M in 2022 would through a wrench into the plans IMO, I'd rather allocate that money to 2 big FA signings.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    correct yea I meant that, with Bo's improvement at ss this past season I wonder if that changes things
    It probably does, and looking at Seagars defensive metrics at SS, I'm not as convinced as I was previously in signing him. A better -- and cheaper option would probably be signing Marte for 2nd base and trading for Jose Ramirez.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

We're all aware Seager is going to get more $$$ than Semien in FA right?

The Lost Boys of PSD

I didn't realize Rodon is an FA. I'd love for Ross to bring him in on a cheap one year deal. It could either be over real quick or really pay off.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    We're all aware Seager is going to get more $$$ than Semien in FA right?
    I didn't realize he has been so sub par the last few years defensively, so I'm off that train. But I do think Seagar is the better player moving forward and he's 3-4 years younger.

I do agree that Seagar is going to get a larger contract, mainly because he'll get a longer term deal. I don't think there will be much difference in their AAV, though

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/articl...-free-agents-4

Projected free agent contracts. Seem a bit light but is what it is. 60 m would go a long way per these projections

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/articl...-free-agents-4

Projected free agent contracts. Seem a bit light but is what it is. 60 m would go a long way per these projections
    I would have no issues with paying Ray and Semien those projected numbers. It definitely seems low.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I would have no issues with paying Ray and Semien those projected numbers. It definitely seems low.
    For sure. Would be a failure if they walk at those rates.

Gimme storey at that rate too plz.

Good example of why I want to go balls deep. Re-sign Ray and semien, add storey for 3b (would fit at that price if we move grich), and bop your way to a championship. Can always sell half the farm to add another pitcher at the tdl. Doing that would give us a 3 headed monster SP, and possible the best offence ever fielded.

I used bbref.com to grab some projections. They have a tab for that now on top of the player page.

They have Ray putting up a more pedestrian 3.76 era and semien going from an 873 ops to 821.

Took most of my afternoon while at work to come up with 2 scenarios. Both spend 58m.

Projections in parentheses :
    Both plans include signing graveman (3.51) and loup (2.95- 2nd lefty) and seager (should be league average hitter and fielder)

One has signing grienke (4.04) and disclafini (3.85) and Nelson cruz (844 ops)
    While other has
    Ray and Schwarber (.833)

Plan 1
    Graveman 3/18
    Loup 2/12
    Seager 1/7.5
    Grienke 1/14
    Disclafini 2/24
    Cruz 1/12

Cruz and seager are one year placeholders for Groshans/smith/Lopez at 3b and Kirk at dh with Moreno on the way. Solid rotation and pen and offense. Cruz replacing our cluster**** at dh last year is a big upgrade.

Plan 2
    Graveman 3/18
    Loup 2/12
    Seager 1/7.5
    Ray 4/23
    Schwarber 3/45

Plan 2 would roll with Pearson/stripling as 5th starter unless you trade Kirk for a sp
    Last edited by wamco; 11-08-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Aaa depth or garbage. No one knows.

Sp- Francis/hatch/logue
    Rp- Bryan baker, borucki, castro, Kyle Johnson, Jimenez, Kay,overton, saucedo, Snead, thornton, waguespack

My only comment is not really wanting to sign a DH. I can see how that could look like easy-add WAR on paper… but I think with vlad, Springer, LGjr, the prospects that need some AB’s eventually, and the turf… Id rather keep that spot open to rotate.

I'd take a flyer on Verlander. 1 year $20 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    My only comment is not really wanting to sign a DH. I can see how that could look like easy-add WAR on paper… but I think with vlad, Springer, LGjr, the prospects that need some AB’s eventually, and the turf… Id rather keep that spot open to rotate.
    The thing is that dh isn’t for everyone. The guys we had at dh via rotation stunk. Seems like a finishing touch move for a one year championship run to me if cruz over schwarber

ESPN has Ray at 4 year $78 mil and Semien at 5 year $110 mil. I'd probably bite at that.