Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 385 of 421 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 6301
  1. #5761
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,736
    It was Groshans, Kirk/Jansen, grichuk, hiraldo/espinal and victor mesia for Castillo (2 years remaining on contract , about 7.5m this year) and moustakas (3b, 2 years left 16 and 18m, baseball reference projects bounce back to 753 ops in 2022).
    -spends about 15m of the 60ish to spend in off-season. Leaves 45m to sign a sp and a dh/o I if you move Kirk instead of Jansen) and bullpen.

    But now I’ve come up with another that will get all your maple boners in a full , upright position.

    Jansen, espinal/hiraldo and Otto Lopez for….Castillo and votto.

    -saves top prospects but spends 33/60ish million to spend. Add matz and seager and put Pearson in pen?
    Or
    Add semien and a bp arm, roll with Pearson and stripling as 5th starter

  2. #5762
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    And if we are planning on shelling out the money Semien is going to require, I'd much rather take a shot a Seager

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Seager 3B and Bo 2B? Not sure if the Jays would do that given Bo's development to date

  3. #5763
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What if they add Max Scherzer?
    I didn't realize he was 37 years old. We will have to overpay to get him to sign - not sure I like that

  4. #5764
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Listening to what Atkins said on At the Letters:

    1) Two paths the team can go down: one big splash with a few extra pieces or 5-6 players they think will fill holes on the roster.

    2) Pitching will once again be the focus.

    3) They still believe in Cavan Biggio, figure him to be a big part of improving the team.

    You also have to think we see Gabriel Moreno at some point before the end of June. I could see us trading for a Matt Chapman or Ketel Marte, standing pat with the rest of the offense, signing for a starter, and then filling the bullpen holes any way we can.
    If Atkins said that then I'm a bit surprised. He has a TON of money to work with - he can afford 2 big splashes and do NOTHING else.

    current commitments $65M, after Teo and Vlady and the other arbitration contracts the payroll will be around $100M. He has about 40 to $60M (or more) to play with. It's the cost of doing business.

  5. #5765
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,668
    5-6 hole fillers would be a massive disappointment imo.

  6. #5766
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,736
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    If Atkins said that then I'm a bit surprised. He has a TON of money to work with - he can afford 2 big splashes and do NOTHING else.

    current commitments $65M, after Teo and Vlady and the other arbitration contracts the payroll will be around $100M. He has about 40 to $60M (or more) to play with. It's the cost of doing business.
    Sounds
    To now be about 110m

  7. #5767
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,682
    Matz not offered the QO.

    He probably wouldve accepted if we did.

    Looks like he did reject a multiyear deal but the AAV probably wasnt near $18 mil a year.

  8. #5768
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,445
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I didn't realize he was 37 years old. We will have to overpay to get him to sign - not sure I like that
    I’m perfectly fine offering him an astronomical amount of money over 2 or 3 years in order to make him sign. Like 40-50 mil a year. When that contract is up guys like Bo, Vlad, Manoah, Kirk etc will still be cheap.

  9. #5769
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,184
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Seager 3B and Bo 2B? Not sure if the Jays would do that given Bo's development to date
    Seager to SS and Bo to 2nd

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  10. #5770
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    If Atkins said that then I'm a bit surprised. He has a TON of money to work with - he can afford 2 big splashes and do NOTHING else.

    current commitments $65M, after Teo and Vlady and the other arbitration contracts the payroll will be around $100M. He has about 40 to $60M (or more) to play with. It's the cost of doing business.

    Even if he did two big splashes, they need to fix the bullpen. BP arms + another starting pitcher should be the priority. Shoring up the offense should be a secondary concern, considering how many internal options they have.

  11. #5771
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,055
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    If Atkins said that then I'm a bit surprised. He has a TON of money to work with - he can afford 2 big splashes and do NOTHING else.

    current commitments $65M, after Teo and Vlady and the other arbitration contracts the payroll will be around $100M. He has about 40 to $60M (or more) to play with. It's the cost of doing business.
    I think that all depends if he includes resigning Semien/Ray as part of that big splash or not.

  12. #5772
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,682
    Semien wins GG. May cost a few more $$$ in FA.

  13. #5773
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,682
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Even if he did two big splashes, they need to fix the bullpen. BP arms + another starting pitcher should be the priority. Shoring up the offense should be a secondary concern, considering how many internal options they have.
    I can see him going throgh trade for SP.

    I'm down for Soroka from the Braves for 1 of Teo/LGJ.

  14. #5774
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I can see him going throgh trade for SP.

    I'm down for Soroka from the Braves for 1 of Teo/LGJ.
    The torn achillies doesn’t scare you?

  15. #5775
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Seager to SS and Bo to 2nd

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    correct yea I meant that, with Bo's improvement at ss this past season I wonder if that changes things

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •