Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 385 of 421 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 6301
    It was Groshans, Kirk/Jansen, grichuk, hiraldo/espinal and victor mesia for Castillo (2 years remaining on contract , about 7.5m this year) and moustakas (3b, 2 years left 16 and 18m, baseball reference projects bounce back to 753 ops in 2022).
    -spends about 15m of the 60ish to spend in off-season. Leaves 45m to sign a sp and a dh/o I if you move Kirk instead of Jansen) and bullpen.

But now I’ve come up with another that will get all your maple boners in a full , upright position.

Jansen, espinal/hiraldo and Otto Lopez for….Castillo and votto.

-saves top prospects but spends 33/60ish million to spend. Add matz and seager and put Pearson in pen?
    Or
    Add semien and a bp arm, roll with Pearson and stripling as 5th starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    And if we are planning on shelling out the money Semien is going to require, I'd much rather take a shot a Seager

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Seager 3B and Bo 2B? Not sure if the Jays would do that given Bo's development to date

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What if they add Max Scherzer?
    I didn't realize he was 37 years old. We will have to overpay to get him to sign - not sure I like that

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Listening to what Atkins said on At the Letters:

1) Two paths the team can go down: one big splash with a few extra pieces or 5-6 players they think will fill holes on the roster.

2) Pitching will once again be the focus.

3) They still believe in Cavan Biggio, figure him to be a big part of improving the team.

You also have to think we see Gabriel Moreno at some point before the end of June. I could see us trading for a Matt Chapman or Ketel Marte, standing pat with the rest of the offense, signing for a starter, and then filling the bullpen holes any way we can.
    If Atkins said that then I'm a bit surprised. He has a TON of money to work with - he can afford 2 big splashes and do NOTHING else.

current commitments $65M, after Teo and Vlady and the other arbitration contracts the payroll will be around $100M. He has about 40 to $60M (or more) to play with. It's the cost of doing business.

5-6 hole fillers would be a massive disappointment imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    If Atkins said that then I'm a bit surprised. He has a TON of money to work with - he can afford 2 big splashes and do NOTHING else.

current commitments $65M, after Teo and Vlady and the other arbitration contracts the payroll will be around $100M. He has about 40 to $60M (or more) to play with. It's the cost of doing business.
    Sounds
    To now be about 110m

Matz not offered the QO.

He probably wouldve accepted if we did.

Looks like he did reject a multiyear deal but the AAV probably wasnt near $18 mil a year.

I didn't realize he was 37 years old. We will have to overpay to get him to sign - not sure I like that
    I’m perfectly fine offering him an astronomical amount of money over 2 or 3 years in order to make him sign. Like 40-50 mil a year. When that contract is up guys like Bo, Vlad, Manoah, Kirk etc will still be cheap.

Seager 3B and Bo 2B? Not sure if the Jays would do that given Bo's development to date
    Seager to SS and Bo to 2nd

Even if he did two big splashes, they need to fix the bullpen. BP arms + another starting pitcher should be the priority. Shoring up the offense should be a secondary concern, considering how many internal options they have.

I think that all depends if he includes resigning Semien/Ray as part of that big splash or not.

Semien wins GG. May cost a few more $$$ in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Even if he did two big splashes, they need to fix the bullpen. BP arms + another starting pitcher should be the priority. Shoring up the offense should be a secondary concern, considering how many internal options they have.
    I can see him going throgh trade for SP.

I'm down for Soroka from the Braves for 1 of Teo/LGJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I can see him going throgh trade for SP.

I'm down for Soroka from the Braves for 1 of Teo/LGJ.
    The torn achillies doesn’t scare you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Seager to SS and Bo to 2nd

correct yea I meant that, with Bo's improvement at ss this past season I wonder if that changes things