Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 383 of 421 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 6301
    Doesn't look like a world series roster to me, especially with no Acuna. But I'm okay with Atlanta winning, anything to keep it out of the hands of our AL East rivals, plus the Brewers, Tribe and Tigers. (I still hate the old AL East teams).

Couldnít be happier for AA. Made some very savvy moves to earn this.
    Atkins put himself in a similar position to the one AA inherited in Atlanta. Letís hope for some more of that magic in the coming years!

I donít even want to think about the divisions. It makes me so angry. Just based on percentage, we would have won championships based on having so many playoff appearances over the years if we were in a different division.
    Consider that our records would be better if we were playing worse competition more often too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Couldnít be happier for AA. Made some very savvy moves to earn this.
    Atkins put himself in a similar position to the one AA inherited in Atlanta. Letís hope for some more of that magic in the coming years!

I donít even want to think about the divisions. It makes me so angry. Just based on percentage, we would have won championships based on having so many playoff appearances over the years if we were in a different division.
    Consider that our records would be better if we were playing worse competition more often too.
    He really did. Rosario and Soler for nothing after their best player went down. But perhaps the best thing he did, was hold on Austin Riley, it's rumored they had a deal in place for a veteran 3B but backed out at the last second.

Everyone ready for another ridiculously long offseason? People complain about the length of the games, but the MLB offseason has to be one of the worst in professional sports.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Anyone see AA get a ring last night?? Lol

In all seriousness, I can't believe the Braves won a WS. No Acuna, Soroka etc.. and to rub it in to us, we had 3 more wins than them and didn't even get a wild card game.
    Too bad he couldnt be there. Contracted covid.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He really did. Rosario and Soler for nothing after their best player went down. But perhaps the best thing he did, was hold on Austin Riley, it's rumored they had a deal in place for a veteran 3B but backed out at the last second.
    I thought they almost traded him after they tried to resign JD but he cost too much.

They practicall churned 1 year contracts for JD to Keuchel to Hamel to Morton. Morton now under team control with team option.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Everyone ready for another ridiculously long offseason? People complain about the length of the games, but the MLB offseason has to be one of the worst in professional sports.
    I dont mind it. NBA is all splash but only happens like beginning 1-2 days. MLB offseason is a chess match.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Especially with the impending work stoppage.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    They place the value of Groshans as essentially Chapman.

So Iíd do that 1-1 swap but Iíd see if Kirk + ? could get a sp with more control as manaea is a FA after 2021.

Or do both those deals u 2 said. Gets Chapman manea and price for Groshans Kirk and grichuck. Adds about 15m to payroll.

Gives you a rotation of berrios ryu manoah manea and price. And a complete lineup (Chapman at 3b biggio /espinal at 2b)

Leaves tons of money for a killer bp
    Why would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Especially with the impending work stoppage.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, and no real motivation to get a deal done until spring.

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Why would you do that?
    To have a good team
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Trash /s

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Anyone see AA get a ring last night?? Lol

In all seriousness, I can't believe the Braves won a WS. No Acuna, Soroka etc.. and to rub it in to us, we had 3 more wins than them and didn't even get a wild card game.
    I can't watching him after he left us and then won.

Gonna be rough if we lose Ray and semien. Devastating really imo. Sure we will still have talent, but thatís the war that got us close to the playoffs. We need to improve/add, not lose.