Page 421 of 446 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 6683
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Okay, so what is our need tier here?

I'm thinking:
    1) Bullpen arms
    2) Starting pitcher
    3) Third baseman
    4) Centre fielder (Springer can't be relied upon to play CF 162 games)

Also, if Groshans, Kirk, and some filler are enough to land Ramirez, I wonder if it might be more budget conscious to go after Matt Chapman. I know he's a righty, but if Ramirez is that reasonable, Chapman should be even cheaper.
    I think replacing Semien bat is key. Ideall that player can serve to fill wither the 3B opening (Ramirez) or a player who can play some OF (Marte).

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think replacing Semien bat is key. Ideall that player can serve to fill wither the 3B opening (Ramirez) or a player who can play some OF (Marte).
    Has to be be able infielder. This talk of another OF doesnít make sense, we already have too many.

I would do that deal I think. Depending on what they mean by lesser prospects.

We need another deal piece to make me feel like it was worth though. I may bite on Bryant for example if we can get Ramirez.

Then trade for a SP.

Springer - CF
    Ramirez - 2B
    Vlad - 1B
    Bichette - SS
    Teo - RF
    Bryant - 3B
    LGJ - LF
    Jansen - C
    Biggio - DH/Utility (rotating DH with Biggio playjng the field that day)
    I don't even know what Cleveland would want but that would be a good starting point. Kloffenstein and Smith are two fringe top ten specs that I would include.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Has to be be able infielder. This talk of another OF doesnít make sense, we already have too many.
    Unless they plan on moving one, if you can trade for Ramirez, sign Conforto or Suzuki then offload one of Teo or Gurriel for a SP, I wouldnt be against it. I'm not sure if Cincinnati would want either of those in a trade for Castillo but someone with a surplus of SP would probably bite.

I meant an IF who can also play OF (ie like Bryant).

We also need a LH bat and they usually play OF or 1B so we can move some pieces around.

Anyone see the new concept for the A's stadium on the waterfront in Oakland. Cool looking stadium....I really hope they stay

Peyton Pallette is heading for Tommy John surgery. MLB had him going ninth but will most likely drop so he's a guy to keep an eye on

It's too late now but I wonder if Blue Jays would have considered going to Montreal for a few years had they decided to destroy and rebuild the Rogers Centre.

Makes a lot sense IMO as you could have seen hoe much interest the city has for future relocation, fans can still travel to watch without crossing the border and would have given Blue Jays a chance to rebuild the team without feeling rushed.

It's too late now but I wonder if Blue Jays would have considered going to Montreal for a few years had they decided to destroy and rebuild the Rogers Centre.

Makes a lot sense IMO as you could have seen hoe much interest the city has for future relocation, fans can still travel to watch without crossing the border and would have given Blue Jays a chance to rebuild the team without feeling rushed.
    And play where? Olympic Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

When I finally got the chance to visit Olympic Stadium I finally understood why nobody went to games there. Itís a hassle to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    When I finally got the chance to visit Olympic Stadium I finally understood why nobody went to games there. Itís a hassle to get to.
    I've been to Montreal a bunch. Never been to the O for that reason. A downtown Montreal ballpark would be awesome. Easily my favourite Canadian city

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

Its not ideal either way if they had planned to build on the same exact spot as rogers centre. They wpuld have had to go somewhere else.

They do sell out when they play preseason at Olympic stadium. I know its a bit far out from downtown but probably better than playing in Dunedin for a few years.

Yeah, but how many can play CF outside of Grichuk?

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Yeah, but how many can play CF outside of Grichuk?
    The $150m man.

Hes never been healthy for a whole season in like 6 seasons so he'll probably DH a lot and he shpuld probablt move to RF at some point suring this contract.