Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 420 of 446 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 6683
    Apparently we told players not to rush accomodation for Dunedin.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Im with that. Grienke, not hand. I have no interest in a Hand job. The first one stunk.

For similar money , Id go Grienke easily over Kikuchi
    LOL.... Hand was more like a blow 'the game' job, but I like your way of thinking!

I'd prefer to keep Borucki. I think he's going to be valuable in the pen and as a spot starter.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I would keep him. Though I have to imagine we can trade him for a RP who's in the minors if we sign a few more guys in FA.

Stripling
    Borucki
    Yimmi
    Mayza
    Richards
    Cimber
    Romano
    Jansen

Seems like a good pen to me even factoring in some regression. Keeps Pearson in AAA as well since you ideally only want to put him in the pen if he fails as a starter. If he fails as a starter in Buffalo and a pen guy struggles in the first few months then you can call him up as a full time reliever.

One of borucki or stripling needs to go in that case so our bullpen can also shuffle in:

Castro, hatch, Kay, thornton, Francis, saucedo, Snead, merryweather and logue and pearson as management sees fit. You dont want to block 10 big league arms.

Id trade either or both of stripling and give the 7 and 8 spot to merryweather and kay, both of whom have options. And kay is a lefty. Or have stripling as the 5th starter. If he flops, you release him.

Start Pearson, logue, and Francis in aaa as sp 6,7,8.

Pearson is the true wildcard here. Pete Walker expects him to break out. If he could be a minimum salary competent 5th sp, that is huge.

If not, Id love to see a kc royal style heat-heat-heat 789 of merryweather, Pearson, romano

Or Pearson as 78 and Romano ala biagini and sanchez.

This is a rare season where Im high on nearly the entire roster. If I had to pick a few I think will regress, Id prob just go with espinal and romano. I think biggio will bounce back big. Biggios can do anything. And even a better season from grichuck when not pushed into a ft gig.

Would they have signed Garcia first before Jansen, you think? I think they go cheap add and cheap sp add and get a big bat. Story as a 3b/2b man on a 1 year deal, I could see ala semien

CBS Sports has a piece up about five trades they'd like to see. The first one was Ramirez to us. They said in recent trades, Cleveland went for quantity over quality but they were in more of a financial crunch in regards to the contracts they were trading. They don't really have this problem with Ramirez. They figured that a package of:

Kirk or Moreno
    Groshans
    Two lesser prospects.

Should get Cleveland to the table. Basically, if it comes down to that, would you be more in favour of trading Kirk or Moreno? And would those assets be better served trading for a SP from (mainly) Cincinnati, Oakland or Miami?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    CBS Sports has a piece up about five trades they'd like to see. The first one was Ramirez to us. They said in recent trades, Cleveland went for quantity over quality but they were in more of a financial crunch in regards to the contracts they were trading. They don't really have this problem with Ramirez. They figured that a package of:

Kirk or Moreno
    Groshans
    Two lesser prospects.

Should get Cleveland to the table. Basically, if it comes down to that, would you be more in favour of trading Kirk or Moreno? And would those assets be better served trading for a SP from (mainly) Cincinnati, Oakland or Miami?

I struggle with this. As I ranted above, I want a spot for the young guys to compete for. I also want the best lineup in the league, which this trade would give us.
    I love kirks bat. Im not sure.

Kirk or Moreno
    Groshans
    Two lesser prospects.

Kirk, Groshans and a couple lesser prospects for Ramirez would definitely have me interested for Ramirez.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Kirk, Groshans and a couple lesser prospects for Ramirez would definitely have me interested for Ramirez.
    I'd only regret giving up Kirk. I wonder if he'll come into camp slimmer and trimmer after seeing Vladdy's results last year.

Still not sure we should be focusing on bats, though. We still need pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I'd only regret giving up Kirk. I wonder if he'll come into camp slimmer and trimmer after seeing Vladdy's results last year.

Still not sure we should be focusing on bats, though. We still need pitching.
    In general, pitching may be more of a need than bats. I feel that a middle of the order LH bat has a bigger individual impact on the collective though. All our big prospects are RH hitters. 90% of our major league everyday players are RH bats. A small shift can have a big impact.

I also view Biggio and Espinal as 1 everyday player and one bench player collectively. They deserve a more even split, but they don't each deserve their own everyday spot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I struggle with this. As I ranted above, I want a spot for the young guys to compete for. I also want the best lineup in the league, which this trade would give us.
    I love kirks bat. Im not sure.
    Me as well. I think Kirk is probably as good as gone tho, IMO whether it be for a bat or a SP. I lean towards trading for a SP and signing a 3B/2B as well. I am a bit scared of Rodon, but signing him and trading for Ramirez is something I could get behind but after that the FA SP market is pretty dry while there are lots of trade candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Me too. If we do make that trade, we will have to reinforce the SP, there's no point in giving up those assets and still have a questionable rotation

Kirk or Moreno
    Groshans
    Two lesser prospects.

I would do that deal I think. Depending on what they mean by lesser prospects.

We need another deal piece to make me feel like it was worth though. I may bite on Bryant for example if we can get Ramirez.

Then trade for a SP.

Springer - CF
    Ramirez - 2B
    Vlad - 1B
    Bichette - SS
    Teo - RF
    Bryant - 3B
    LGJ - LF
    Jansen - C
    Biggio - DH/Utility (rotating DH with Biggio playjng the field that day)
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 01-20-2022 at 02:23 PM.

I wonder what the cost of Happ is from Cubs. They mentioned him on MLBTR and thought he'd be a pretty good guy to get if we cant get the big guys.

Okay, so what is our need tier here?

I'm thinking:
    1) Bullpen arms
    2) Starting pitcher
    3) Third baseman
    4) Centre fielder (Springer can't be relied upon to play CF 162 games)

Also, if Groshans, Kirk, and some filler are enough to land Ramirez, I wonder if it might be more budget conscious to go after Matt Chapman. I know he's a righty, but if Ramirez is that reasonable, Chapman should be even cheaper.