Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 417 of 446 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 6683
    We need a better than average 4th OF but the skillset needs to be different than what Grig offers.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I still think LGJ's best days are ahead of him. He struggled early last year, but then produced at an all-star level on the second half with an .889 OPS and ended up hitting .368/.395/.614 with RISP.

Also, look how many games Grichuk had to play CF for Springer last year. I don't think we should trade Grichuk at all. They don't have the OF depth. His OBP sucks, but he produces runs. He was essentially LGJ last year in terms of run production and consistently drives in around 80 runs. Not to mention he's better defensively in the OF than Lourdes.

He may not be this teams MVP, but he is valuable.
    Any player should be able to produce a decent amount of runs hitting behind this line up. Grichuk had a wRC+ of 85 and an OPS of .703 last year. That's pretty bad. If you sign Suzuki or Conforto he becomes redundant and you still have four viable OF -- five if they trade for McNeil. It also balances the line up out, Conforto and McNeil give us two LH bats in the lineup and Ramirez is a switch hitter.

If we can get Ramirez without giving up Moreno, I would be all over it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Your best best to get some sort of value for Grich is to trade him for another overpaid player. I'd take a flyer on Keuchel at $18 mil for 1 year ($1.5 mil buyout after).

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    We need a better than average 4th OF but the skillset needs to be different than what Grig offers.
    I would agree with that point. In all likelihood, Springer is going to bat lead off and play CF when he is healthy. Ideally the "4th OF" can play CF and get on base. We no longer have Semien to fill in up top in front of Bichette and Vlad..so if possible I would like a replacement they can plug in at lead off and CF when Springer is out.

Conforto would be a nice add for this team. Left handed stick that can play CF when needed and also has experience and previous success leading off. If they could land him I would totally be down for trading Grichuk. Then they would have at least 2 lefties with him and Biggio. He isnt very good against lefties, so being part of a 4 man group with 3 righties would be perfect for him.

I dont think you need a 4th OF who can leadoff and probabky not realistic to get anyway.

In a perfect world, Marte would be good considering we can play him at 2B and CF but will cost a bunch.

I think Suzuki is the key to the offseason. If we can sign him, it opens the door for a few things to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I think Suzuki is the key to the offseason. If we can sign him, it opens the door for a few things to happen.
    I'd be really excited if we landed him. Provides loads of options for what we do with our outfield ( in terms of trades to fill out other needs) and the upside and value could both be really solid. Not a ton of 27 year olds as good as him that hit free agency.

If the price is right, I'll take him if we can trade 1 of Teo/LGJ. No point in having 4 OF like that when we just lost an IF.

If the price is right, I'll take him if we can trade 1 of Teo/LGJ. No point in having 4 OF like that when we just lost an IF.
    I think Springer's days in centre field are numbered.

So do I so you'll need to move him to the corner OF and then have him DH half his games.

It's too bad they probably won't consider LGJ back in the IF. It would actually open things up so much.

That why I was thinking Marte probably makes more sense than Ramirez as a trade candidate. Though apparently Marte defense not so good at CF.

So do I so you'll need to move him to the corner OF and then have him DH half his games.

It's too bad they probably won't consider LGJ back in the IF. It would actually open things up so much.

That why I was thinking Marte probably makes more sense than Ramirez as a trade candidate. Though apparently Marte defense not so good at CF.
    For all we know, they have, but if he can't make the throws...

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    For all we know, they have, but if he can't make the throws...
    I dont recall his defense in the IF anymore but I would assume he could slot into 3B.

My thought is that Springer should probably DH 3/5 games and only be playing the field when other guys need the day off. He's no good if he's always on the IL.

Unfortunately, they'll probably give him this season to see if he can still play the outfield.

I dont recall his defense in the IF anymore but I would assume he could slot into 3B.
    He was moved out of the IF because he couldn't make the throw, gets the yips.

DH Springer on turf and play him OF away on grass.