Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 415 of 446 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 6683
    No new baseball stadium. Renovation instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    No new baseball stadium. Renovation instead.
    Ugh. When Tampa and Oakland leave their respective stadiums/cities we will have the worst stadium in baseball.

This is so disheartening

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Less onus on taxpayers. I would have been fine with a new stadium if it was all private money.

I personally would have preferred it go near Exhibition Grounds for a new stadium as to promote transit development.

The new LRT was going to end there but you could have justified extending it all the way.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 12-22-2021 at 01:30 PM.

I guess, it just seems that it's kicking the can down the road. It's going to need to be replaced at some point in the not too distant future. With this latest upgrade of $250M they will be getting pretty close to spending half of what a new stadium would cost anyway.

I like the Dome. I think it has a more "futuristic" feel than many modern-day baseball stadiums. If they can nail the lighting, improve seating, and generally just make the park feel more up-to-date, that would be the ideal outcome, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I guess, it just seems that it's kicking the can down the road. It's going to need to be replaced at some point in the not too distant future. With this latest upgrade of $250M they will be getting pretty close to spending half of what a new stadium would cost anyway.

That $250 mil is all private money from my understanding. Its possible they wanted to use that $250 mil to build a new stadium with taxpayers paying the rest but the governments saying no.

I'm fine with it anyway if it can last another 20 years or so anyway. I would hope real grass is feasable and within the $250 mil budget. I suspect no but it does seem a bit ridoculous that you cant buy grass for that much money.

They need to make it feel like less of a chunk of concrete.

Hard to do that at this point. I suspect they may consider realigning the lower bowl so that it no longer moves.

Can't wait to see the concept sketches. A big chunk of that 250 million is probably going to a new roof.

Hard to do that at this point. I suspect they may consider realigning the lower bowl so that it no longer moves.
    The lower bowl moves? That's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    They need to make it feel like less of a chunk of concrete.
    Agreed. It would be nice if they could somehow open up the outfield area with some windows ala Minute Maid

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Can't wait to see the concept sketches. A big chunk of that 250 million is probably going to a new roof.
    I am pretty sure the majority of the roof is done. Heard on a podcast that they have been doing it intermittently the last few years

That $250 mil is all private money from my understanding. Its possible they wanted to use that $250 mil to build a new stadium with taxpayers paying the rest but the governments saying no.

I'm fine with it anyway if it can last another 20 years or so anyway. I would hope real grass is feasable and within the $250 mil budget. I suspect no but it does seem a bit ridoculous that you cant buy grass for that much money.
    Throw down some hay and call it a day.

I also didnít know the lower bowl moves. Bowl movements are important

Newest off-season prediction

Story
    Jansen

Pearson gets a run at 5th starter. Stripling the back up and flip spots if Pearson doesnít work/hurt. Their rumored interest in kicuchi seems like this plan isnít their preferred path though. But if you sign a sp, you bury Pearson at aaa unless u go with him in the pen. The pen has a chance to be a real strength this year if so

Merryweather and Pearson throwing heat could be rally killers

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Throw down some hay and call it a day.

I also didnít know the lower bowl moves. Bowl movements are important
    Is this the most wamco comment ever made?