Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    MVS absolutely disappeared yesterday. Granted, he was going to have a tough time without Adams being there and being the default #1, but he was nonexistent. Had a chance to step up but showed he really wasn’t ready.

I swear this team could win 100-3 and some of you would find things to complain about lol

Alexander had a rough game but thats maybe the price we had to pay to play bigger and emphasize stopping the run. He had little safety help on some of those big plays and its not the end of the world if it turns out that Alexander isn't an island CB yet

Jones was finally great and so was Elgton Jenkins.

Is this thread gonna praise Rodgers for being a game manager? Some of you crap on him for trying to be a hero so its only fair to praise him and BE HAPPY that he reigned himself in.

Lafleur called a great game too. We are starting to see more and more eye candy from the passing game. Getting Jones involved there was huge too

With that said, i do agree its become fully apparent that they need another WR. Oakland just grabbed Zay Jones for a 2021 5th, wow that would've been nice

There has to be someone like that out their for us. Day 3 pick for a guy who could use a change of scenery. All we really need is someone who can be better than Allison, that isnt a tall task AT ALL

MVS is actually open quite a bit from what I've read. They just need to focus on getting him the ball more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    I swear this team could win 100-3 and some of you would find things to complain about lol

Alexander had a rough game but thats maybe the price we had to pay to play bigger and emphasize stopping the run. He had little safety help on some of those big plays and its not the end of the world if it turns out that Alexander isn't an island CB yet

Jones was finally great and so was Elgton Jenkins.

Is this thread gonna praise Rodgers for being a game manager? Some of you crap on him for trying to be a hero so its only fair to praise him and BE HAPPY that he reigned himself in.

Lafleur called a great game too. We are starting to see more and more eye candy from the passing game. Getting Jones involved there was huge too
    I didnt show in the stats but i thought rodgers played really well. Buying time and being evasive in the pocket and making tough throws on the run and with pressure right in his face that few could make. I didnt have any issues with rodgers. Obv jones stepped up.

But the fact is the defense has been exposed two weeks in a row. Obv better than theyve been but theyre not legit top 10 playing like that.

He was 1 catch for 18 yards. If Rodgers doesn't underthrow him, its 2 catches for 84 and a td. That wouldnt have been a bad day. MVS will likely never be a consistent 5-7 catches a week guy. But he is what he is and thats a useful player if you don't ask him to be a 1.

MVS was a very raw talent going into the draft. He has to be developed. if he would have been a more polished WR he would have went way before the 5th round. The production he has had so far, while not being the best, has been pretty good for what he is. He has showed flashes of his potential.

I mean just look at this guy break down one of MVS' routes

if we need WR help this year why not give Jordy a call? what he does not have in speed he makes up for in shared mind with Rodgers.

I don't understand how they seem to let big leads start to slip away. Does their defense start to play not as hard or does the other team's offense start to play better?

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    if we need WR help this year why not give Jordy a call? what he does not have in speed he makes up for in shared mind with Rodgers.
    Or Randall Cobb.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Dragon View Post
    Or Randall Cobb.
    would be kind of hard to do cause Cobb is in Dallas. Don't think the Cowboys are ready to let him go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    MVS was a very raw talent going into the draft. He has to be developed. if he would have been a more polished WR he would have went way before the 5th round. The production he has had so far, while not being the best, has been pretty good for what he is. He has showed flashes of his potential.

I mean just look at this guy break down one of MVS' routes

To me it's not his routes that semi limit his upside, it's his hands and ball skills. And I'm a big mvs fan. In today's NFL, you basically start 3 WRs. So he's a starter in my mind. But you're much better off with him as your 3rd guy than your 2nd unless you have a top shelf TE.

And even as a deep threat, he runs decent routes. That PI that could have been a td wasn't just straight speed. He set the guy up for more of a post and turned it up behind him. Good route and theres no one in football that will run him down if he gets by you with a full head of steam.

But he doesn't adjust super well on deep balls. He does a solid job but he isn't an elite ball tracker. Hell occasionally make a big contested catch, but hell never be an elite contested catch guy either. And he'll have some drops because he let's it get to his body too much at times. That's why to me he's a number 3 most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    To me it's not his routes that semi limit his upside, it's his hands and ball skills. And I'm a big mvs fan. In today's NFL, you basically start 3 WRs. So he's a starter in my mind. But you're much better off with him as your 3rd guy than your 2nd unless you have a top shelf TE.

And even as a deep threat, he runs decent routes. That PI that could have been a td wasn't just straight speed. He set the guy up for more of a post and turned it up behind him. Good route and theres no one in football that will run him down if he gets by you with a full head of steam.

But he doesn't adjust super well on deep balls. He does a solid job but he isn't an elite ball tracker. Hell occasionally make a big contested catch, but hell never be an elite contested catch guy either. And he'll have some drops because he let's it get to his body too much at times. That's why to me he's a number 3 most likely.
    If the Broncos go into sell mode, Emmanuel Sanders is at the top of my list for guys to get. A better Randall Cobb who would be great in the slot. Adams, MVS, Sanders, let's go!

The Packers defense looks to be built on turnovers and that's fine...if the offense can come out and score 21 points in the first half on a consistent basis. Let the pass rushers pin ears back I think is when this team would be at best when the run game isn't a worry because you're up more than two possessions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234