b) Sign Panarin and Trouba
    c) Eat up 1 more year of Staal, Lundqvist and Smith's contract

And still, be able to secure a Top 3/5 pick to draft
    1) Alexis Lefreniere
    2) Quinton Byfield
    3) Alexander Holtz
    4) Lucas Raymond
    5) Cole Perfetti

I wouldn't believe it. Truly thought the Panarin and Trouba signings pushed this team to a playoff contender, but I would be absolutely ecstatic if we secured one more top pick given the talent that is expected to come out in the 2020 NHL Draft.

Why? I never thought we would be true cup contenders with $25M committed to Lundqvist, Shattenkirk, Staal and Smith. Acquiring another elite prospect would give the Rangers the star duo teams desperately crave (Kucherov & Stamkos, Crosby & Malkin, Toews & Kane, etc.). Acquiring the likes of Lefreniere/Byfield/Raymond would do exactly that and give the Rangers the mix of high-end forward/defense/goalie talent to build a cup contending team for the foreseeable future.
    Yeah, to be quite honest, the whole situation is really (potentially) lucky. Iím a big Gorton guy but I doubt he planned this. Kakko was pure luck, and having these guys available as convenient road blocks while your young guys come along for literally one year, in a perfect window at the perfect time. Sheer luck they could potentially grab any one of those top names. Byfield would be amazing, Iím big on Perfetti, all of them will be great I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Kravtsov has decided to use his European Assignment Clause and return to the KHL. Guess he wonít be coming back till after the KHL season is over if that.

Found this interesting:

The Rangers will decide at the end of the season whether or not they want to turn defense prospect KíAndre Miller pro or leave him in college, notes ESPNís Greg Wyshynski. The 22nd pick in 2018 had a very strong freshman campaign with Wisconsin and is off to a good start in his sophomore year as well which could potentially put him in the mix for a spot in the New York lineup down the stretch if the team decides that Miller foregoing his final two years of college eligibility is best for his development.
    I think Miller could use another season in college. I just saw him play @Boston College and he was great in some regards, clearly one of the best players on the ice, but also showed plenty of deficiencies on the D side of the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    A few thoughts....

1. Kravtsov clause was well known with the Rangers Front Office. The Rangers can recall him from the KHL at any time. They might do that after the All-Star Break if need be. Also he's only 19. Whatever playing time he can get at the highest level can only help.

2. Lias Andersson averaging only 9 minutes of ice time is criminal considering how many forwards have dogged it. Before the Buffalo game, Kreider was a ghost...Lemieux still takes bad penalties...Buchnevich continues to be an enigma. Yet, they continued to get more playing time than Andersson.

3. Kakko averaging 13-14 min/game is another crime. PLAY him. No one is expecting a Stanley Cup but with a team of young players, it can only help playing the highest draft pick in franchise history.

4. Quinn wants to play dump/chase, forechecking style. This team is more of a precision passing, sniper team. It's self-evident in the odd man rushes. DeAngelo, Fox, Trouba...got too many offensive defensemen and no longer a shutdown goalie.
    I donít usually agree with much of what you post but #2 is for sure spot on. Quinn is making me resent Howden because of the special treatment heís getting. Iím not saying Lias is perfect but he deserves better than this.

Been looking thru the net. Saw some stuff, Joe Fortunato of blueshirtsbanter among them with regards to Kravtsovs interview in Russiaóthe translation there of. Kravtsov says. When he would ask how he was doing, Quinn would say heís doing great, but yet said he wasnít put in the top 9. When asked why he wasnít on the top 9, Quinn said because Smith is playing there. Stuff like that doesnít build a relationship of trust between player and coach.
    Those translations came back a bit wonky but I donít love the whole situation. Itís not as doom and gloom as the fan base thinks but I would have preferred VK tough it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    This is all part of the process, I just dont think our fan base has the stomach for a real rebuild even if they say they do. Its year 2 of what usually takes 4 or 5 years to complete, we are actually ahead of the curve imo. If I have a complaint it's that Kakko should have started in Hartford because there is a big adjustment from where he was playing and North American hockey.
    I can understand the rebuild, most of the fan base will be insufferable year 3 and expecting the moon in year 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

If this was a rebuild I donít think the fans would be mad. But when you say itís a rebuild but you play the old guys/ scrubs like McKegg, Haley, Smith, Staal, over Andersson, Chytil, Kravtsov, Lindgren then you canít call it a rebuild. And as I said at the beginning of the season if this is a rebuild why do you agree to increase the 2020 3rd pick to a 2nd Rd pick if Fox plays 30 NHL gamesó-we are in a rebuild that 2nd Rd pick is like a late 1st Rd pick in a deep draft. It is a contradiction in itself.

If this was a rebuild I donít think the fans would be mad. But when you say itís a rebuild but you play the old guys/ scrubs like McKegg, Haley, Smith, Staal, over Andersson, Chytil, Kravtsov, Lindgren then you canít call it a rebuild. And as I said at the beginning of the season if this is a rebuild why do you agree to increase the 2020 3rd pick to a 2nd Rd pick if Fox plays 30 NHL gamesó-we are in a rebuild that 2nd Rd pick is like a late 1st Rd pick in a deep draft. It is a contradiction in itself.
    That's what a rebuild is. You bring players into the fold when they are ready and hope you can build up value in guys like Kreider, Strome, Namestnicov by feeding them minutes in better situations. Fox is ready to play, the rest really arent. Chytil needed a reset and probably should have been in Hartford last year really. Kakko because of the hype and his draft rank isnt in Hartford but imo should have started the year off there and should be a lesson for the franchise to give the players overseas some time to adjust to the north american game

It's not stage one of the rebuild...because the Rangers have added a lot of talent through the draft, trades, and free agency. It's stage 2 of a rebuild but it's still a rebuild until this team makes the playoffs of at least maintains an above .500 record.

Rick Carpiniello, the Athletic seems disturbed at how this Rangers team, mostly intact from last season, has regressed.

I'm going to put every thing simply:

1. Why is Lindy Ruff still coaching the defense?!?!?

1A. WHY is LINDY RUFF STILL HERE?!?!?!?!

2. FIRE Lindy Ruff (just look at the defensive stats) and hire someone PLUS make use Dan Girardi to help the kids.

3. I would experiment moving Claude Lemieux into the second and first line. Why? He's the only forward who is physical and solid enough to wreak havoc in the crease, screening a shot from one the many snipers on the Rangers club.

4. Please, PLEASE give Lias Andersson more than 9 min. Really? I mean, REALLY? Come on. I would go so far as to give him time as second line center alongside Kakko.

Will it translate to wins? I dunno. It can't hurt.

5. FIRE Lindy Ruff.

It's not stage one of the rebuild...because the Rangers have added a lot of talent through the draft, trades, and free agency. It's stage 2 of a rebuild but it's still a rebuild until this team makes the playoffs of at least maintains an above .500 record.

Rick Carpiniello, the Athletic seems disturbed at how this Rangers team, mostly intact from last season, has regressed.

I'm going to put every thing simply:

1. Why is Lindy Ruff still coaching the defense?!?!?

1A. WHY is LINDY RUFF STILL HERE?!?!?!?!

2. FIRE Lindy Ruff (just look at the defensive stats) and hire someone PLUS make use Dan Girardi to help the kids.

3. I would experiment moving Claude Lemieux into the second and first line. Why? He's the only forward who is physical and solid enough to wreak havoc in the crease, screening a shot from one the many snipers on the Rangers club.

4. Please, PLEASE give Lias Andersson more than 9 min. Really? I mean, REALLY? Come on. I would go so far as to give him time as second line center alongside Kakko.

Will it translate to wins? I dunno. It can't hurt.

5. FIRE Lindy Ruff.
    The problem with thinking the rebuild accelerates because you added two veteran players is that it doesnt change the fact we lost 3 vets and a minute eating dman in Zuccarello, Hayes, Pionk, and Shattenkirk and replaced them with players who are 20 years old and not ready to assume those roles. We have a lot of non north american players that need time to figure out how to play here. If anything is slowing the rebuild it's that our players are international and not north american. They will be fine, they just need time. The rebuild isnt turning the corner until Kakko,Chytil, Anderson, Kravtsov and Howden are able to take big roles on this team and the staff is doing the best the can to make that happen sooner than later. IMO Kakko should have been in Hartford to start the year as well.

Letís talk Howden vs. Andersson: how is Howden whoís done nothing getting more minutes than Andersson. Howden, in my opinion should have been sent down, he did nothing in the preseason, unless you want to count the 1 goal he got. Andersson came in to camp in shape and ready to play but never got an opportunity to play on the top 9. Even now he has yet to get playing time.

Kakko is ready to be here, heís all around the ice, he doesnít get pushed off the puck, he goes into corners. Basically the only thing he hasnít done is score, and that has more to do with who heís playing with.

BSI, you say the rebuild is intended to prop certain players up so as to get a better return on trades, but I never mention/complained about Kreider, Strome, Namestnikov get extra playing time. I said thereís no reason to play McKegg, Haley, Smith and Staaló-they are not gonna get us any kind of return, arenít gonna make us any better and therefore shouldnít be playing. Besides Namestnikov wasnít given enough playing time or put with players to pad his stats, so that idea is gone out the window. Especially if he was the guy we were planning on trading all along.

I never said Fox wasnít ready to play, I said unless we were prepared to keep him in the minors so he didnít reach 30 games, we should have never agreed to convert that 3rd Rd pick into a 2nd Rd pick on a deep draft year. That 2nd Rd pick is like a late 1sr Rder and we just gave it upóthatís just stupidógiving up high picks when you are rebuilding.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-29-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Letís talk Howden vs. Andersson: how is Howden whoís done nothing getting more minutes than Andersson. Howden, in my opinion should have been sent down, he did nothing in the preseason, unless you want to count the 1 goal he got. Andersson came in to camp in shape and ready to play but never got an opportunity to play on the top 9. Even now he has yet to get playing time.

Kakko is ready to be here, heís all around the ice, he doesnít get pushed off the puck, he goes into corners. Basically the only thing he hasnít done is score, and that has more to do with who heís playing with.

BSI, you say the rebuild is intended to prop certain players up so as to get a better return on trades, but I never mention/complained about Kreider, Strome, Namestnikov get extra playing time. I said thereís no reason to play McKegg, Haley, Smith and Staaló-they are not gonna get us any kind of return, arenít gonna make us any better and therefore shouldnít be playing. Besides Namestnikov wasnít given enough playing time or put with players to pad his stats, so that idea is gone out the window. Especially if he was the guy we were planning on trading all along.

I never said Fox wasnít ready to play, I said unless we were prepared to keep him in the minors so he didnít reach 30 games, we should have never agreed to convert that 3rd Rd pick into a 2nd Rd pick on a deep draft year. That 2nd Rd pick is like a late 1sr Rder and we just gave it upóthatís just stupidógiving up high picks when you are rebuilding.

The same thing is true with Howden and Andersson, everyone in the organization knows Anderson is the better prospect but they are sheltering him as well until he is ready to take that role.
    Never said you said Fox wasnt ready, I said he was ready so he plays, there is no use hiding him if he is ready. Mckegg Haley and Staal are place keepers for Kravtsov, Chytil(here tonight but one will sit when Zib comes back) and Miller/Lundqvist/Keane etc etc when they are ready to be here. I think everyone got a little overexcited about our draft picks potential and started penciling them in for 60 points when that might have been fairly optimistic. If the team was on the cusp of something and Staal.was holding them back I'm confident they would bench him but as it is they are in year 2 of a rebuild. The kids are gonna mature at their own rate no matter how much we wish them to do it quicker. The sky isnt falling, it's a great time to be a ranger fan, the next few years should be fun.

Anderson looks great tonight, so if we like the way its turning out we have to respect the process that got him here...same with Chytil and Kakko
    Last edited by bsi; 10-29-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Well...to be fair, Tampa was without Hedman BUT...Tampa's 3rd line is more talented than the Rangers 1st line and that's with Mika.

Staal, Lundqvist, Zibanejad sat....Chytil in. Lundgren in. Georgiev in.

For the first time all season, the Rangers outshot their opponent. The number of odd man rushes the other way was cut down significantly.

Chytil scores. Andersson who was on the ice for 8 minutes, provided an assist. Lundgren hit any Tampa forward within an arm's length. Fox, unencumbered by Staal's lack of awareness, was able to score.

The kids aren't ready? Maybe. I think, these kids are being held back. Andersson should be more than 8-9 minutes per game. He should get SOME playing time with the second and arguably the first unit. Some guys are tailor made for the checking line: Howden, Lemieux, Lundgren.

You only get better in this league with ice time. What's Staal's excuse not sitting one out every now and then? I hope this guy takes the month off.

Well...to be fair, Tampa was without Hedman BUT...Tampa's 3rd line is more talented than the Rangers 1st line and that's with Mika.

Staal, Lundqvist, Zibanejad sat....Chytil in. Lundgren in. Georgiev in.

For the first time all season, the Rangers outshot their opponent. The number of odd man rushes the other way was cut down significantly.

Chytil scores. Andersson who was on the ice for 8 minutes, provided an assist. Lundgren hit any Tampa forward within an arm's length. Fox, unencumbered by Staal's lack of awareness, was able to score.

The kids aren't ready? Maybe. I think, these kids are being held back. Andersson should be more than 8-9 minutes per game. He should get SOME playing time with the second and arguably the first unit. Some guys are tailor made for the checking line: Howden, Lemieux, Lundgren.

You only get better in this league with ice time. What's Staal's excuse not sitting one out every now and then? I hope this guy takes the month off.
    Dont disagree on Staal but all the guys you are saying need more ice have increasingly gotten better as time passes so if we like how they are turning out we have to acknowledge that the process is working and maybe letting them stick their toe in the water before jumping in is working
    Chytil and Andersson were both better off with their demotions last year and this year. Imo the process is working. I think we just need to relax and realize Rome wasnt built in a day. I'm actually liking the progress from the kids, I'm not sure why people(not saying you but other fans) are complaining. Fox, Andersson, Chytil and even Hajek have all looked better since the start of the season. The buffalo game and the Tampa game are examples of how good we could be, the bruins game showed our age and lack of experience.

I don't think its just the process but also serendipity.

If Zibanejad doesn't get hurt, then Chytil doesn't get the call up. Before Chytil call up, Strome and Namestnkov have manned the second line and looked terrible.

If Staal doesn't have a prostate problem, then Lindgren doesn't get the call up. Unlike Staal who is 6'6" tall but plays 5'3" Lindgren is the kind of guy who has a license plate that reads, "Drive Angry." He hits anything that moves on the ice. then and ONLY then do the Rangers have their first game where they outshoot their opponent.

Also, it doesn't hurt that Lundqvist gets a game off. I'd like to see him get a month off so Igor can get a call up. He's dominating in Hartford. He's Dominik Hasek incarnate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234