Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If Quinn wants players to be accountable he needs to move Lias up the lineup to reward his play. Kreider, Strome, Howden, and Lemieux all need a kick in the pants.

I attended that game (section 13 row 4 seat 8)...and boy, that game went sideways so fast. After the Rangers struck first...I thought, ok! They look hungry, energized, and ready to roll...or NOT!

A lot of blame to go around.

The coaching: Quinn has gotta do something about the defense and the puck handling.

The offense: With a little over 3 minutes remaining in the 3rd, Rangers have a power play, pull the goalie and STILL couldn't score once!

The Defense: Basically Ranger goalies are facing nearly 40 shots a night. That's awful.

You are right. something has got to give. Tho’ I think other than Staal, there’s not really much we can do unless you are talking changing the defensive system which would mean changing the coach. Maybe it’s time for Mason Geertens to be brought up.

Offensively Quinn’s need some to come to the reality that Haley is only here’s to play physical and fight and if he’s doing neither then he shouldn’t be here. Lundqvist keeps getting run at and yesterday he did nothing to avenge Staal.

On the flip side we’re undefeated in Hartford and Chytil is doing great. Looks like Knoblach, Murphy and Cunniff were great hires.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-21-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Let's talk about that ugly Vancouver game as resale ticket prices at MSG are falling fast. Yeah, those $279 adidas Hockey sweaters, thinner than a piece of paper...pass!

At this point, coach Quinn...not Pat Quinn...David Quinn has to realize, his run'n'gun system doesn't work with the talent he has. Waaaaaaaay too many odd man rushes. I've been to two Ranger games. In the home opener, Winnipeg tied the score twice within seconds after the Rangers scored by catching this team flat footed. Against New Jersey, it was almost commonplace. GOTTA make an adjustment.

This is not the 1990-1992 Pittsburgh Pens who had at least 3 Hall of Famers and a kid named Jagr. They ran an offensive system that was up and down BUT...Mario Lemieux was on that team.

The Rangers are still with kids who may or may not ascend to the top two lines on the team let alone the league.

Way....WAY too much pressure on these kids. WAY too high expectations. Definitely not a system of hockey that will prevent opposing teams from scoring at ease with an aging goalie and inexperienced defensemen many of whom are offensive minded...and then there's Staal who seems to escape any liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Let's talk about that ugly Vancouver game as resale ticket prices at MSG are falling fast. Yeah, those $279 adidas Hockey sweaters, thinner than a piece of paper...pass!

At this point, coach Quinn...not Pat Quinn...David Quinn has to realize, his run'n'gun system doesn't work with the talent he has. Waaaaaaaay too many odd man rushes. I've been to two Ranger games. In the home opener, Winnipeg tied the score twice within seconds after the Rangers scored by catching this team flat footed. Against New Jersey, it was almost commonplace. GOTTA make an adjustment.

This is not the 1990-1992 Pittsburgh Pens who had at least 3 Hall of Famers and a kid named Jagr. They ran an offensive system that was up and down BUT...Mario Lemieux was on that team.

The Rangers are still with kids who may or may not ascend to the top two lines on the team let alone the league.

Way....WAY too much pressure on these kids. WAY too high expectations. Definitely not a system of hockey that will prevent opposing teams from scoring at ease with an aging goalie and inexperienced defensemen many of whom are offensive minded...and then there's Staal who seems to escape any liability.
    I think the 3rd period proved that its effort and not systems or player types, these guys have to get off their *****. I was hoping the bad starts would have ended with new players and coaches but it hasnt. The puck movement, decision making, tenacity and effort were all there in the 3rd after they called each other out in the dressing room. I like all our guys, and I wanted Zibanajad as captain but I think he might be too soft spoken much like McDonagh was. I don't think we have our captain outside of hank on this team right now and we kind of need one imo. Times like these you need a guy to stand up and make their teammates accountable.

Teams a mess. Will take quite a bit of work to get it back to zero. I think this team is looking at a top 5 pick, maybe even top 3. It wasn’t systems that kept that game close tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Teams a mess. Will take quite a bit of work to get it back to zero. I think this team is looking at a top 5 pick, maybe even top 3. It wasn’t systems that kept that game close tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you could have told me that the Rangers would:
    a) Draft Kakko at #2
    b) Sign Panarin and Trouba
    c) Eat up 1 more year of Staal, Lundqvist and Smith's contract

And still, be able to secure a Top 3/5 pick to draft
    1) Alexis Lefreniere
    2) Quinton Byfield
    3) Alexander Holtz
    4) Lucas Raymond
    5) Cole Perfetti

I wouldn't believe it. Truly thought the Panarin and Trouba signings pushed this team to a playoff contender, but I would be absolutely ecstatic if we secured one more top pick given the talent that is expected to come out in the 2020 NHL Draft.

Why? I never thought we would be true cup contenders with $25M committed to Lundqvist, Shattenkirk, Staal and Smith. Acquiring another elite prospect would give the Rangers the star duo teams desperately crave (Kucherov & Stamkos, Crosby & Malkin, Toews & Kane, etc.). Acquiring the likes of Lefreniere/Byfield/Raymond would do exactly that and give the Rangers the mix of high-end forward/defense/goalie talent to build a cup contending team for the foreseeable future.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 • 1931 • 1934 • 1942 • 1944 • 1946 • 1964 • 1967 • 1982 • 2006 • 2011
    New York Rangers:
    1927–28 • 1932–33 • 1939–40 • 1993–94
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 • 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 • 1990 • 2007 • 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Kravtsov has decided to use his European Assignment Clause and return to the KHL. Guess he won’t be coming back till after the KHL season is over if that.

Found this interesting:

The Rangers will decide at the end of the season whether or not they want to turn defense prospect K’Andre Miller pro or leave him in college, notes ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski. The 22nd pick in 2018 had a very strong freshman campaign with Wisconsin and is off to a good start in his sophomore year as well which could potentially put him in the mix for a spot in the New York lineup down the stretch if the team decides that Miller foregoing his final two years of college eligibility is best for his development.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-25-2019 at 11:00 PM.

A few thoughts....

1. Kravtsov clause was well known with the Rangers Front Office. The Rangers can recall him from the KHL at any time. They might do that after the All-Star Break if need be. Also he's only 19. Whatever playing time he can get at the highest level can only help.

2. Lias Andersson averaging only 9 minutes of ice time is criminal considering how many forwards have dogged it. Before the Buffalo game, Kreider was a ghost...Lemieux still takes bad penalties...Buchnevich continues to be an enigma. Yet, they continued to get more playing time than Andersson.

3. Kakko averaging 13-14 min/game is another crime. PLAY him. No one is expecting a Stanley Cup but with a team of young players, it can only help playing the highest draft pick in franchise history.

4. Quinn wants to play dump/chase, forechecking style. This team is more of a precision passing, sniper team. It's self-evident in the odd man rushes. DeAngelo, Fox, Trouba...got too many offensive defensemen and no longer a shutdown goalie.

Been looking thru the net. Saw some stuff, Joe Fortunato of blueshirtsbanter among them with regards to Kravtsovs interview in Russia—the translation there of. Kravtsov says. When he would ask how he was doing, Quinn would say he’s doing great, but yet said he wasn’t put in the top 9. When asked why he wasn’t on the top 9, Quinn said because Smith is playing there. Stuff like that doesn’t build a relationship of trust between player and coach.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-28-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Yeah, three players I can't stand to see sucking up playing time: Staal, Smith, & Fast. Tonight the Bruins took out Mika (good hit btw) and then pounced. Not sure where the Rangers go from here. Time to call up Chytil. It's time to call up some hitters.

I was one who wanted Hajek in the lineup but I'm not sure if he is physically ready to play the role they are giving him. I'd like to see them swap with Lindgren

I just don’t get what Quinn and Gorton are doing. If this is a rebuild year then the young guys should be playing, if we are trying to win then our best players should be playing. Oh wait, our young guys are our best guys! So why are Haley( who’s only purpose for being here is to fight, is not fighting, then he shouldn’t be here), McKegg ( has done nothing his whole career and is still don’t nothing), Staal ( according to Sean Tierneys analytics web site is the worst d-man in the league right now), Smith is another one( why do we have a d-man playing forward, he’s just eating up ice time). And if these guys are playing because we are tanking for another high pick, then—take a deep breathe and swallow—why is Fox playing—if Fox plays 30 NHL games this year the 3rd pick we gave the Jets for him this year becomes a 2nd round pick, and since we’re tanking that 2nd rounder is as good as a late 1st Rounder in this years deep draft( which means we should have not agreed to that clause in the trade to begin with).

I think I would go Geertens or Lindgren to give us physicality on the back end.

On the flip side Hartford is playing really good, undefeated and playing a fast pace hockey.

Yeah. There is definitely a difference of game plan between Gorton and Quinn. Coach Quinn wants to play the North American style of dump/chase, grind and forecheck. Unfortunately Gorton likes Euro snipers who play a precision perimeter game. That's why it's not working.

Rangers really need guys who can hit and use their body. Marc Staal is an Ent from Lord of the Rings. I've never seen a guy that big NEVER use his body like Chara does to shove a guy out of the crease.

And I'm sorry Quinn. You gotta STOP sending in a defenseman in a forechecking situation. It leads to an odd man rush every time.

Rangers NEED a Dino Ciccarelli who parked himself right in front of the goal and made a living on redirection. Patrick Roy used to ram his stick up between Dino's legs because he was a pain. IF the Rangers can either draft, trade, or nurture a guy to take that role then you have something going with the other lines.

This is all part of the process, I just dont think our fan base has the stomach for a real rebuild even if they say they do. Its year 2 of what usually takes 4 or 5 years to complete, we are actually ahead of the curve imo. If I have a complaint it's that Kakko should have started in Hartford because there is a big adjustment from where he was playing and North American hockey.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast