Tue. 22 vs. Arizona Coyotes 7:00 PM ET
    Thu. 24 vs. Buffalo Sabres 7:00 PM ET
    Sun. 27 vs. Boston Bruins 7:00 PM ET
    Tue. 29 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 7:30 PM ET

New York Rangers
    @NYRangers
    ·
    3h
    OFFICIAL: #NYR reduce roster to 22 players. Chytil, Kravtsov, Lettieri, Lindgren & Shesterkin have been assigned to
    @WolfPackAHL
    . Nieves will be placed on waivers for the purpose of assignment. Reunanen has been loaned to Lukko in Liiga. Morrow has been released from his PTO.

Forwards (13) — Lias Andersson, Pavel Buchnevich, Jesper Fast, Micheal Haley, Brett Howden, Kaapo Kakko, Chris Kreider, Brendan Lemieux, Greg McKegg, Vlad Namestnikov, Artemi Panarin, Ryan Strome and Mika Zibanejad

Defense (7) — Tony DeAngelo, Adam Fox, Libor Hájek, Brady Skjei, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal and Jacob Trouba

Goaltenders (2) — Alexandar Georgiev and Henrik Lundqvist

4 games in 14 days then 5 games in 7. The schedule makers are on crack.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

Messy period but to be expected. Hoping for more jump the 2nd.

Definitely plenty of mistakes tonight, but still a really awesome way to start the season.
    I'm really excited to watch this team play this year. All the new guys really looked good.

Nice win, glad to see the new guys contribute. I’m bullish on the Jets this year but man they stuck around. Plenty of mistakes for sure but there was some good there too.

Will be a long season but a fun one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Either Hajek gets rid of the jitters or we will see Lindgren soon. The lineup is gonna be pretty deep when Chytil and Kravtsov get back.

I was lucky enough to attend the opener last night Section #103. Judging by the lack of comfort from the crowd, it was a very nerve wracking, heart attack inducing win (that the Rangers had no business winning). There was a feeling of more relief than joy.

The Good: The First Line Zibanejad, Panarin, Buchnevich, Trouba, & Skjei accounted for 3/6 goals. Zibanejad 1 goal 3 assists looked great. Trouba and Panarin fit right into the line. The rest, not so much. The penalty killing was outstanding.

The Bad: The first line accounted for 50% of the offense. 2C Strome picked up 2 stupid penalties, didn't show any command of the second line. Brendan Lemieux bought himself some bench time after skating up and punching a Jet in the face. Outside of Brett Howden who scored the game winner, the rest of the young guns had problems asserting themselves in the game. Fortunately Staal and Brendan Smith provided the offense.

The Ugly: The Defense and Goaltending. Three times, the Jets evened the score 30 sec after the Rangers won. The defensive pairings could use a little work. Trouba and Skjei looked at each other after they stood there as Wheeler came in and evened the score at 3-3. deAngelo looked overwhelmed when paired with Staal. Adam Fox had a rough game, with two ill advised passes that ultimately led to offensive rushes. Hajek definitely didn't look comfortable. Lundqvist definitely had problems holding onto the puck. It was a rough night for the defense BUT keep in mind, it's just Game 1.

Overall: A win is a win. The Rangers can only look better in the days ahead. We all knew the growing pains.

End of the second period, Rangers 3 Sens 1. A few things to note:

1. Mika's hat trick: Even the most cynical Rangers fan must admit, the Rangers have a fearsome 1st line. Mika Zibanejad scored 30 goals in a lost season, last year. IF he stays healthy, he has a good shot at 40 goals.

2. Penalty Killing continues to be an area of strength. I get it, Ranger fans are divided on Howden BUT he does the grunt work.

3. Staal & deAngelo is Maalox shake: True, the Senator goal could be argued that Namestnkov's broken stick played a key role. That said, deAngelo is looking like a guy who missed a lot of camp during a contract dispute.

After 2 games, my opinion is that Strome and Howden need to be moved down to the 4th line with Smith ( who’s played very well) —neither is doing enough offensively to justify their position on their lines. I hate to say it but I think Adam Herman of blueshirtsbanter was right when he said Namestnikov should be our 2nd line center. While the 3rd line should be Lemieux— Andersson — Fast. Our defense looked better with Hajek being placed with Trouba and Skjei with Fox— they should be our top 2 lines.

Meanwhile in Hartford: Chytil has looked good, but for some reason Kravtsov was a healthy scratch. Lindgren looks good as well. But then again Lettieri already has 2 goals.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-07-2019 at 09:04 PM.

WHAT DO YOU think ? Am I just whining, Are just putting Strome and Kreider on the 2nd line to try and raise their stock for a trade? Are they really our best option for the 2nd line?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 10-07-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Well we trade Namestnikov to Ottawa for Nick Ebert (25 yr. Defenseman who’s in the AHL) and a 4th Rd pick in 2021. Seems like just a salary dump move as Ebert is just gonna be a career AHL guy.

Question really is what’s our next move. And are we gonna spend that extra 4 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Well we trade Namestnikov to Ottawa for Nick Ebert (25 yr. Defenseman who’s in the AHL) and a 4th Rd pick in 2021. Seems like just a salary dump move as Ebert is just gonna be a career AHL guy.

Question really is what’s our next move. And are we gonna spend that extra 4 mil.
    Well what do you think is out there for that kind of money? I think they did it for relief for future moves,example,, something comes up that there was no way they could have done this before the move. I'd like to see them hold onto to the 3.25 Mill,kinda like money in the bank

I think Namesticov probably wanted a move somewhere he could.potentially increase his value for his next contract. The money I believe will go to extending DeAngelo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast