Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 Training Camp Thread

Figured I start the training camp thread what with 3 weeks till the start of the season.

Quinn has said his first line will be Panarin—Zibenajad—Buchnevich. He also said Chytil, Andersson and Howden will be starting the season as centers, meaning Strome will be on the wing.

Larry Brooks
    @NYP_Brooksie
    · Sep 10
    Have learned that Matt Beleskey will be assigned directly to AHL Wolf Pack and thus will not be at NYR camp. Cap charge will be $825,000.

Apparently SMITH has been assigned directly to the AHL as well.
    Larry Brooks
    @NYP_Brooksie
    NYR shadow roster: Lundqvist, Georgiev; Trouba, Skjei, Staal, Fox, Hajek; Mika, Chytil, Strome; Howden; Panarin, Kreider, Andersson, Namestnikov; Buchnevich, Kakko, Kravtsov, Fast. (Lemieux, DeAngelo unsigned; Smith, Beleskey AHL). Cap $77.815M, space $3.685M

Michael Haley is in camp on a PTO contract.
    Joe Morrow, Conor Brinkley and Todd McCullum are also in camp on try outs.

Rangers also have interest in ben hutton tho’ they don’t have the cap—-maybe something is brewing with regards to clearing cap.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-14-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Quinn has said his first line will be Panarin—Zibenajad—Buchnevich. He also said Chytil, Andersson and Howden will be starting the season as centers, meaning Strome will be on the wing.

Larry Brooks
    @NYP_Brooksie
    · Sep 10
    Have learned that Matt Beleskey will be assigned directly to AHL Wolf Pack and thus will not be at NYR camp. Cap charge will be $825,000.

Apparently SMITH has been assigned directly to the AHL as well.
    Larry Brooks
    @NYP_Brooksie
    NYR shadow roster: Lundqvist, Georgiev; Trouba, Skjei, Staal, Fox, Hajek; Mika, Chytil, Strome; Howden; Panarin, Kreider, Andersson, Namestnikov; Buchnevich, Kakko, Kravtsov, Fast. (Lemieux, DeAngelo unsigned; Smith, Beleskey AHL). Cap $77.815M, space $3.685M
    I didn’t see anything regarding Smith being assigned to Hartford. I think that was Brooks’ projection for what the roster will look like. Smith is on the camp roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True! But I think Brooks knows or was told that Smith is only here as a body till ADA is officially signed.

So with Quinn announcing that at least to start the season he will have Panarin—Zibenajad— Buchnevich as his 1st line and Chytil, Andersson and Howden all playing center—again to start the season. What do you guy think the rest of the lines will look like?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-15-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Panarin—Zibenajad —- Buchnevich
    Kreider —- Chytil —— Kakko
    Kravtsov — Andersson —Strome
    Lemieux — Howden — Fast

That leaves Namestnikov and Nieves out.

Skjei— Trouba
    Staal — Fox
    Hejuk —Rykov

Smith Till ADA is signed. Tho’ depending on cap Smith stays a the 7th defenseman or Morrow, Geertens or Raddysh could be that 7th d-man if we’re in a cap crunch.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-15-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Anyone hear any rumors?

Would like to see us pull off a deal or two. For instance the Jets have Connor and Laine who they have yet to sign and on top of that Byfuglien hasn’t reported, the rumor is he’s contemplating retirement and walking away from 14 mil. dollars left on his deal( I personally find that hard to believe, my opinion is it must be that he wants out of Winnipeg since he’s 34 and may want to play for a contender). Winnipeg has 23 mil. in cap space. Columbus is another team who has 11 mil. in Cap.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-23-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Anyone hear any rumors?

Would like to see us pull off a deal or two. For instance the Jets have Connor and Laine who they have yet to sign and on top of that Byfuglien hasn’t reported, the rumor is he’s contemplating retirement and walking away from 14 mil. dollars left on his deal( I personally find that hard to believe, my opinion is it must be that he wants out of Winnipeg since he’s 34 and may want to play for a contender). Winnipeg has 23 mil. in cap space. Columbus is another team who has 11 mil. in Cap.
    I doubt we see any deals with players coming back, if anything it's someone leaving for picks or prospects to free up cap space,we just dont have the space and I'd assume most deals for guys like Strome, namestnicov or Kreide will be deadline deals.

I get what you’re saying. A couple of writers think Kravstov will be sent down because of the number of players we have with NHL experience taking up spots. As is Rykov who got hurt in traverse city. Quinn seems to be giving Haley, McKegg and Morrow a good long look.

For me I wouldn’t mind picking up picks or prospects, we need to give our young guys a chance to play. I DID notice that Nolan Patrick hasn’t played in an preseason game, Philly has him listed as out with an upper body injury but word out of Philly is that he’s been skating and doesn’t seem to have any physical issues—so there’s speculation that he may be moved before the season starts. Yeah he hasn’t been great and may never be a great scorer( 2 yrs in the league and has 30 & 31 pts to show for it) but he is 21,righthanded, is big and is a good defensive forward, bottom 6 guy but at 925k he’s certainly cheaper than keeping Namestnikov and/or Strome on the bottom 6.

Sorry I went out on a tangent but what I mean to say is i’d Rather move Nemestnikov and/or Strome than to have Kravtsov in the minors.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-24-2019 at 12:46 PM.

The only rumor I've read (from Larry Brooks) is that Filip Chytil has disappointed the Rangers coming into camp not in the best of shape, looking a bit lackadaisical and not hungry. He's already lost the #2 Center position. Now, Brooks is reporting that he may be sent down.

Meanwhile, Bret Howden came into camp looking like Brock Lesner. He not only has a spot on the roster but is in the competition for the #2 Center position.

Dark horse is Namestnkov or Name-Stank-ov. Gawd please don't...

Yeah, I saw the article on by Adam Herman on blueshirtsbanter about Namestnikov being our best choice as 2nd line center and Brooks talking up Howden and Andersson and bashing Chytil, but he always seems to chose someone to pick on each year so.... Personally I think Howden didn’t look good playing between Kakko and Kravtsov yesterday. I do think Andersson has looked good, so he may be better off taking the 2nd line center spot and playing the role of the defensive forward on the 2nd line—allowing Kakko and Kravtsov to be creative on the offensive zone, tho’ it looks like Kreider and Kakko Are cemented in on the 2nd line.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Strome is our best option for 2c right now imo. I just feel him Kreider and Kakko could be dangerous. With regards to Chytil, I dont feel he has enough drive to live up to his abilities. Some players have it like a guy like Zibanajad, others like Zherdev dont, and that ends up being the difference between a high end prospect and a complimentary player. He is still young but i just dont see the hunger to win at all costs,it may come but it also may not.
    Last edited by bsi; 09-25-2019 at 09:41 PM.

latest rumor or at least the latest lineups at practice consist of:
    Panarin — Zibenajad— Buchnevich
    Kreider— Strome — Kakko
    Namestnikov — Howden — Chytil
    Lemieux — Andersson —- Fast
    Skjei —- Trouba
    Staal —- ADA
    Hajek — Fox

I’d much rather sent Chytil down then Kravtsov. Kravtsov has played better.

Last night, yet another strong game from Lias Andersson who has shown significant improvement. He actually looks like the guy that the Rangers drafted. He's more aggressive on the defensive end.

Ideally...I want:

Second line: Kreider-Chytil-Kakko

Third line: Namestnkov-Andersson-Kravtsov

Fourth line: Lemieux-Howden-Strome

You’re forgetting Fast who’s definitely gonna be on this team.

And if we’d go by this game( game 6 of the preseason) Smith has been everywhere—playing Wing & defense. Playing well too. Rosen and Micheletti were talking about Smith working with his brother Riley on playing the forward position and getting in shape and working in his skating.

After 6 preseasons games I think I would play it safe( and by that I mean playing a tougher lineup to keep the opposition honest) and go with a lineup of
    Panarin— Zibenajad— Buchnevich
    Kreider— Strome — Kakko
    Namestnikov — Andersson —- Fast
    Lemieux — Howden — Smith or Haley
    Skjei — Trouba
    Hajek— ADA
    Staal — Fox

For me the reality is that this isn’t a video game and tho’ it looks good on paper to place Kravtsov and Chytil in our line up the reality is that we need a true checking line and Andersson —Chytil — Kravtsov is not gonna get it done. Yesterday’s game against the Islanders showed that, with guys like Cziskas, Clutterbuck, Mayfield, Komarov, Johnston, Martin on their team we need toughness on our bottom six. I don’t have to tell you how pissed I got when Lindgren was pummeled by Czikas and Clutterbuck while Kravtsov who was standing there just watched and Howden, Chytil & Fox who were on the ice at the time never even came over to jump in.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-29-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast