Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Training Camp Thread

It starts today.

didn't watch too much, but didn't hear about much either.

one interesting thing is that this roster doesn't have an expiring contract. we could have exum if he plays well this year, but if something is working we don't have a ton of avenues to get better at the trade deadline without involving a major piece.

Yeah that's true but I really like the looks of the team. I don't think they were planning on needing to make any changes. They wanna hopefully have a good little 2yr run.

Rippin' lips son!!

I keep reading how our bench is so much worse this year and while that is probably true. I would say that our 1-9 is way better this year. Like last year rubio only played 28 minutes a game while Conley should be giving us 32-34 minutes a game there. same thing with crowder and Bojan. So suddenly we don't need as many bench minutes from guys. I think someone like Niang can replace some of the stuff that Korver and Sefolosha gave us last year. I think last years team had better 12 man depth for stuff like udoh vs bradley, neto vs Mudiay, and Korver vs ??. I also think that Royce and Niang are better set up to handle some of the minutes we lost last year. I also think that while we will absolutely miss the experience we lost when we lost those guys we can make up for some of it with some energy we didn't really get from the bench either.

you can clearly see some rust and inexperience in the guys getting time this game, but honestly we are down two starters while they have basically played their starting lineup and key bench pieces. Not to mention this is against what might be the best team in the NBA. things can fix is that we have taken to many midrangers and certainly had some laspses on defense. we have also missed a ton of wide open 3's from good shooters. Bojan has had an especially rough first half.
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 10-10-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Well the first showing by the new guys was an abomination. But that just means it can only get better.

Rippin' lips son!!

wow the Jazz have to learn to defend the 3pt line. the pelicans are just getting whatever look they want from 3.

the offense last night was incredible. we shot absurdly well from 3, but our offense was creating a ton of open looks for guys. I think our starters/main benchs guys went 16/30 from 3 which is not going to happen that often even with these shooters. royce started at the 4. is that something that was just experimental or is that the plan for now? I actually thought he did pretty well against zion btw. the defense certainly needs some work. I think with an actual gameplan though they would have done better. I think they had no clue that Melli was a 3pt bomber till he made his first 2. Stuff like that. man I can't believe how good Jeff green is. forgetting even the 8/9 he did last night. he has actually turned into the player everyone wanted him to be when he was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    the offense last night was incredible. we shot absurdly well from 3, but our offense was creating a ton of open looks for guys. I think our starters/main benchs guys went 16/30 from 3 which is not going to happen that often even with these shooters. royce started at the 4. is that something that was just experimental or is that the plan for now? I actually thought he did pretty well against zion btw. the defense certainly needs some work. I think with an actual gameplan though they would have done better. I think they had no clue that Melli was a 3pt bomber till he made his first 2. Stuff like that. man I can't believe how good Jeff green is. forgetting even the 8/9 he did last night. he has actually turned into the player everyone wanted him to be when he was younger.
    I told ya I thought Jeff Green was going to have a good year for us. I still can't believe we got him for a minimum contract.

Rippin' lips son!!

the Jazz defense has been abominable, but I feel like they are only giving about 90% out there. if this weren't a preseason game i would be pissed at the effort out there.

Rudy's been one of the biggest culprits on the lack of effort as well. They are also missing a ton of wide open shots too.

Yeah, something has to change with the defense. This kinda mess can't happen in the regular season. Can't give up 78pts in the first half to the Kings.

Rippin' lips son!!

what I find kinda incredible is that if we had shot average from 3 I think we still win this game.

Man Rudy looks awful tonight. like he played 48 minutes last night tired. Then Bojan just can't make a wide open 3 right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast