Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 324 of 334 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 5009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    For me it just comes down to which team I am dealing with . In the Astros case I just donít like anybody they got all that much outside of Whitley / Tucker . Is trading one of those guys too much for Willy ? Probably but thatís my price for them. Making a fair trade with them considering their system isnít enough for me.

With Colorado I think Gray for Willy is in the ballpark . I would probably want another piece doesnít have to be a major one because Willy has 1 more year of control.

Texas and Anaheim dint really excite me that much.

Again I donít think they need to trade Willy as he still relatively cheap and still has 3 years of control . If someone wants him they will need to pay up. I think I am one of the most opened the n this board to trading 1 even 2 guys from this core but the deals need to make sense . Donít make a trade just to make one because you feel they need a new look or cut money.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    I think with Gray the Rockies would be more interested in Amaya+ than a straight up Gray/Contreras deal. And I don't say that from a stand point of "I'd like to keep one over the other" but more because the Rockies are coming off a 71 win season, are in what is a difficult division behind LA and SD, and I don't think the 3 arb years of Contreras will excite them as much as someone like Amaya who has 6 years. Not sure what the + is, but I think that's more where they'd be. But it's just a guess.

For me it just comes down to which team I am dealing with . In the Astros case I just donít like anybody they got all that much outside of Whitley / Tucker . Is trading one of those guys too much for Willy ? Probably but thatís my price for them. Making a fair trade with them considering their system isnít enough for me.

With Colorado I think Gray for Willy is in the ballpark . I would probably want another piece doesnít have to be a major one because Willy has 1 more year of control.

Again I donít think they need to trade Willy as he still relatively cheap and still has 3 years of control . If someone wants him they will need to pay up. I think I am one of the most opened the n this board to trading 1 even 2 guys from this core but the deals need to make sense . Donít make a trade just to make one because you feel they need a new look or cut money.

Yep, wasn't meant to you. I agree with you. But my point is for all the guys who are clamoring for change, I think if change is made many might be very disappointed in who is coming back. Even when I was suggesting them dealing Bryant, I did so only based on them getting a lot back. That is the only way to consider it. So if this off season results in little to no change what people have to understand is the Cubs just value their players more than the rest of the league does and they were not willing to take what they felt like was .75 cents on the dollar. And I am fine with that. But many will complain that the didn't do anything AGAIN!

I wouldn't necessarily need Whitley back and Tucker is going nowhere since they just made a trade to make room for him. Bryan Abreu, Cristian Javier and Tyler Ivey would make me pretty happy.

What is with these teams giving the Brewers their players on the cheap?

I like Marsh a lot from Anaheim. If they could get him and someone immediately useful it could be a nice move.

Josh Jung is going to hit. I donít know if heíd be on the table to Willson if texas got Rendon or Donsldson, but Iíd the Cubs are stepping back in 2020 and if the Cubs are separately moving on from KB, Jung would be nice as the future at 3b.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think with Gray the Rockies would be more interested in Amaya+ than a straight up Gray/Contreras deal. And I don't say that from a stand point of "I'd like to keep one over the other" but more because the Rockies are coming off a 71 win season, are in what is a difficult division behind LA and SD, and I don't think the 3 arb years of Contreras will excite them as much as someone like Amaya who has 6 years. Not sure what the + is, but I think that's more where they'd be. But it's just a guess.

My Contreras comment was based more on what I think was fair value for Willy I wasnít necessarily taking into consideration anything else. I think Gray + minor piece is fair for Willy but yeah I agree when you take into consideration where they are and that division i agree that there is a case to be made about Amaya + making more sense for them.

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    David Stearns may very well be the best GM in the game.
    Some would argue about his moves or lack thereof at the deadlines though

Whether it him or the owners, they seemed to hesitate on making that 1 big trade for pitching that could propel them

I'm sure most have seen this, and it's really not anything that hasn't been discussed on this forum, but for those who haven't seen it, here's the outlook for the Cubs.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...o-cubs-10.html

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    This right here is why I think if the Cubs do trade a core piece people are going to be very upset. I actually agree with this. But the point is, I think if the Cubs do deal a core player people will expect more then they get. Might mean as fans we overvalue our guys.
    Main problem I have with trading Bryant or Contreras is yea maybe they get a good young pitching prospect or two out of it, but then they have sort of a hole on the offensive side with them being gone..

Replacing them with someone who may or may not be as good will cost money

Can we just swap Quintana for kluber? Save CLE about 7-8 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I like Marsh a lot from Anaheim. If they could get him and someone immediately useful it could be a nice move.

Josh Jung is going to hit. I donít know if heíd be on the table to Willson if texas got Rendon or Donsldson, but Iíd the Cubs are stepping back in 2020 and if the Cubs are separately moving on from KB, Jung would be nice as the future at 3b.
    I admit that I havenít really looked into him that deep the same thing with Jung . I have been thinking mostly about pitchers in these deals. Will probably take a closer look at those two during the day.

El Mago

Jeff Passan says ďcubs motivated to trade Rizzo.Ē
    LOLOLOL. #fakenews

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm sure most have seen this, and it's really not anything that hasn't been discussed on this forum, but for those who haven't seen it, here's the outlook for the Cubs.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...o-cubs-10.html
    With Lester and Quintana coming off the book after this season and no real solid TOR FA available next offseason, is why I wish they would go hard for Cole or Strasburg but mainly Cole cause he younger ..

Otherwise it looks to be Darvish Hendricks with young SP and or mid range pitchers

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    LOLOLOL. #fakenews
    When did he say that?

Iím guessing this is poor media literacy by someone. He had 2 separate reports. One that they were very motivated to make a trade and one that itís unlikely they trade Rizzo but not impossible. Iím assuming someone combined the two into ďCubs motivated to trade RizzoĒ and put it out there as if Passan is saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    LOLOLOL. #fakenews
    Trade them all....

Just stock pile the system with prospects and have tons of money to spend next offseason on all the big FAs..lol