Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 320 of 334 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5009
    As much as i'm hesitant to trade away big pieces of the core, i'm starting to wonder if this offseason is going to be a real shot to rob somebody.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    Jesus, it can't be anyone good can it?
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 12-04-2019 at 05:43 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Quick look at the Angels top 30 has Bradish at 21. No one else traded in the top 30. Basically, any team could have put something together for Bundy if they really wanted him, it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    As much as i'm hesitant to trade away big pieces of the core, i'm starting to wonder if this offseason is going to be a real shot to rob somebody.
    I think as FA salaries rise the asset cost of tradable players rises as well. If a team has to pay Donaldson $100M over 4 years, they might up the offer for Bryant and pay him 2 for $43M. If Castellanos is going to cost $100M for 5, maybe trading for Schwarber and paying him $24M over 2 years is a better idea. Maybe that ups an offer for Kyle. As it is, Grandall for 4/$64M should have increased Willy's return.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Quick look at the Angels top 30 has Bradish at 21. No one else traded in the top 30. Basically, any team could have put something together for Bundy if they really wanted him, it appears.
    Exactly! And Bradish rates out as an overall 40. I don't think any of these guys will see a big league field.

I would have loved to have Bundy for 4 nobodies.

Are things that bad that we can't throw 4 fodders away for a 6 million dollar starter? Or do they think he's that bad?
    Last edited by thawv; 12-04-2019 at 05:55 PM.

I think as FA salaries rise the asset cost of tradable players rises as well. If a team has to pay Donaldson $100M over 4 years, they might up the offer for Bryant and pay him 2 for $43M. If Castellanos is going to cost $100M for 5, maybe trading for Schwarber and paying him $24M over 2 years is a better idea. Maybe that ups an offer for Kyle. As it is, Grandall for 4/$64M should have increased Willy's return.
    This logic makes all the sense in the world.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Exactly! And Bradish rates out as an overall 40. I don't think any of these guys will see a big league field.

Are things that bad that we can't throw 4 fodders away for a 6 million dollar starter? Or do they think he's that bad?
    Seeing how the cost of FA is rising, I think I would have been good with getting Bundy.

With Baltimore quickly approaching historically bad. I'd love to add Mancini and Harvey. Mancini is a much cheaper Castellanos replacement and Harvey is filthy during the very limited time he's healthy. He's a closer in the making.

As teams keep spending and the amount of guys who are free agents, there is going to come a time when the money will dry up. And there will probably still be decent gets. Just think to last year when the Brewers signed Grandall and Moustakas rather late. Guys miss the window and are stuck taking what is given. I have a feeling that is going to be the Cubs strategy. Don't necessarily like it. It is allowing other teams to pick the guy you end up with, since he would be the last man standing. But I think that is what they are going to do.

Saving their money for Cole or Strasburg [emoji2369]

Dylan Bundy isn't a very good pitcher If we are going to go cheap i'd much prefer going after a guy like Kim.

He's not *good*. He's 2 mph down from where he was a few years ago. He has only a single good pitch. He has not had any real MLB success. When it comes down to it, you've got two things here;

1) If the Cubs are competing in 2020, then they can't really afford to give another player like Bundy real rotation time.
    2) There are plenty of Dylan Bundy's out there right now. You have Aaron Sanchez, Kevin Gausman, Taijuan Walker all available on the FA market. If the Cubs would like to add a Bundy they can probably add another version of Bundy for $3-5m (which is less than Bundy and no prospect given up, even nobodies) for cheaper. They could also like one of those other 3 better than Bundy if they want to go this route.

It's whatever for me. Dylan Bundy's long since the top-5 prospect he was. This version of Bundy isn't anything special. He's not even anything but "meh". Maybe someone works with him and can get him to respectable. I doubt it happens over night, and there's probably a better chance he just stays a bad pitcher.

Wish both the Angels and Bundy the best.

He would have been interesting as a pen reclamation project, but there's still quite a few interesting options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He's not *good*. He's 2 mph down from where he was a few years ago. He has only a single good pitch. He has not had any real MLB success. When it comes down to it, you've got two things here;

1) If the Cubs are competing in 2020, then they can't really afford to give another player like Bundy real rotation time.
    2) There are plenty of Dylan Bundy's out there right now. You have Aaron Sanchez, Kevin Gausman, Taijuan Walker all available on the FA market. If the Cubs would like to add a Bundy they can probably add another version of Bundy for $3-5m (which is less than Bundy and no prospect given up, even nobodies) for cheaper. They could also like one of those other 3 better than Bundy if they want to go this route.

It's whatever for me. Dylan Bundy's long since the top-5 prospect he was. This version of Bundy isn't anything special. He's not even anything but "meh". Maybe someone works with him and can get him to respectable. I doubt it happens over night, and there's probably a better chance he just stays a bad pitcher.

Wish both the Angels and Bundy the best.
    Fair enough