Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 334 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Who the hell are they gonna trade KB for that makes it worth it?
    Iím not advocating it. I just think thatís where this is going.

Thereís a bunch of possibilities. Depends on which team. If it were the Dodgers, I think something like May, Gray, Downs is a fair ask.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Iím not advocating it. I just think thatís where this is going.

Thereís a bunch of possibilities. Depends on which team. If it were the Dodgers, I think something like May, Gray, Downs is a fair ask.
    Ugh. KB on the Dodgers. Or any team for that matter. You could be right but I sure hope you're wrong.

I asked this earlier and did not get a response.

If Hou was to move Gurriel, do you guys think we can pry Whitley away from them for KB?
    Last edited by thawv; 10-02-2019 at 05:35 PM.

My gut feeling is telling me that there will be no extension talks with KB. I'm not 100% sure that the Cubs want that kind of financial commitment for another X amount of years with him.

If they can only lock up one, it would likely be Javi.

If Girardi is brought on as manager...

Iíll be expecting some apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I asked this earlier and did not get a response.

If Hou was to move Gurriel, do you guys think we can pry Whitley away from them for KB?
    How confident would you be that Whitley is good? His season has to be super concerning. He might end up being great, but he had major control issues this year and a shoulder issue.

How confident would you be that Whitley is good? His season has to be super concerning. He might end up being great, but he had major control issues this year and a shoulder issue.
    He's very shaky this year for sure. I would be a little concerned. A year ago, he was untouchable. Who knows.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post

And why would we have to apologize to you for that?

Iíd really like to know.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 10-02-2019 at 06:12 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post

I do not think there's anything to apologise for. Nothing the Cubs have suggested in how they run their organization suggests Girardi is a candidate they'd hire. If they do, then they've gone pretty far away from the way they've operated since the regime change.

Maybe they hire him. I don't think it's likely or likely a good hire. He doesn't seem to be a fit. If anything, there seemed to be a disconnect between Maddon and the Front Office at times. Girardi is a larger departure from that.

He might get an interview. I don't think he's in the top-5 most likely. He might be on the back end of the top-10.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Girardi wont be the new manager.

First: It's not a playoff game. Keep saying it does not make it true. It's Sudden Death, period. Don't bother trying to convince me either. Just acknowledge my stance and move on.

Second: I do think KB trade is legitimate this off-season. ATL is probably the first team I would call especially if the Braves makes it to the NLCS and falls short. However, I am not interested in helping keep the Dodgers run going any longer. So unless it's a massive overpay...

With two years of control, I wonder if TB might be interested in KB?

Third: Just being a jerk here but I would to see the Cubs hire Girardi, if for nothing else to see NSB break itself in anger. But I also think Girardi is smart enough and has learn enough between his stops in Miami and New York to adapt his style to fit what the Cubs are seeking. Not to mention with the window, imo, being two years, I wonder if they would prefer a more established manager over an analytical puppet who is learning on the job. I would not hate a Girardi, even though a lot here would not be too happy about it.
    Screw sabermetics.

If you donít pick up Qís option that gets you about halfway to a year of Kluberís salary. I donít know. Maybe it happens, but I really doubt it. I think they laid out clearly on Monday that they want to get younger in the rotation and a different look. To me, that means we donít want a $100+ million rotation full of age 30+ traditional 180+ inning pitchers. Kluber is one of those.

I think they want to bring in prearb pitchers or near mlb ready prospect pitchers or add more multi-inning relievers that allow you to go short with your back end starters.
    Yeah but as somebody pointed out earlier, if you didnít pick up Qís option, you would basically be adding the 6 mil that would have been spent on a cheap starter anyways, but instead of a Tanner Roark type you get Corey Kluber. Prospect wise wouldnít take much because the Indians would be selling low on a guy thatís due to make 17 million next year. A decent prospect plus salary relief would get it done IMO. They need bats. The Indians need to be spending on bats. Their rotation is good enough.

I know Theo said he wants to get younger, but this is Corey Kluber we are talking about. If heís good next year then you have an option for 2021, if not he has a 1 mil buyout and youíre not really out anything but money.

You can still trade KB for a young starter to slot in the rotation + whatever else you get for him.

It was really something that kind of came to me. I saw on Twitter that they will pick up his option and I thought about how he was on the trade block last offseason and thought he could be an intriguing option if we could make the money work and thereís no long term commitment. Best case scenario you get an ace for 2/35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    What are you basing your opinion on? 45% Girardi????? I doubt that very much. Who cares if Girardi wants to manage the Cubs. I would bet there are a lot of people who want to manage the Cubs. Doesn't mean the Cubs want him. I would be very surprised if it was Girardi. Also, not sure I buy Ross as that likely either. But I do understand that POV.
    Just giving my percentage opinion based off of what I read and hear from tv , radio about the possible interest in both..

As far as Girardi goes, I dont know I could be wrong but I just think the interest was there for him in 2013 but the team itself wasn't ready as they were still in that rebuild mode..
    Girardi ended up signing a 4 yr extension with Yankees, and Cubs went with Sveum and then Renteria, til they lucked into Maddon..

So, I just feel it between the 2 guys who has the most ties with the team and possibly the most interest from them to come and the cubs to hire..

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Yeah but as somebody pointed out earlier, if you didnít pick up Qís option, you would basically be adding the 6 mil that would have been spent on a cheap starter anyways, but instead of a Tanner Roark type you get Corey Kluber. Prospect wise wouldnít take much because the Indians would be selling low on a guy thatís due to make 17 million next year. A decent prospect plus salary relief would get it done IMO. They need bats. The Indians need to be spending on bats. Their rotation is good enough.

I know Theo said he wants to get younger, but this is Corey Kluber we are talking about. If heís good next year then you have an option for 2021, if not he has a 1 mil buyout and youíre not really out anything but money.

You can still trade KB for a young starter to slot in the rotation + whatever else you get for him.

It was really something that kind of came to me. I saw on Twitter that they will pick up his option and I thought about how he was on the trade block last offseason and thought he could be an intriguing option if we could make the money work and thereís no long term commitment. Best case scenario you get an ace for 2/35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is he still Corey Kluber? The risk is that you are committing a good chunk of your offseason budget to him off an injured/not very good season when you still need more starting pitching, more relievers, more starting bats, more bench hitters. Weíll see. Maybe they go for something like this. I doubt it.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    First: It's not a playoff game. Keep saying it does not make it true. It's Sudden Death, period. Don't bother trying to convince me either. Just acknowledge my stance and move on.
    I do not acknowledge your stance. Donít bother trying to convince me to acknowledge it. Acknowledge that Iím not acknowledging your stance.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-02-2019 at 06:42 PM.